It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nato aka (American Helicopter gunships) Murder Nine Children Collecting Wood.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Dragoon01

** For the record no I make my living off of the gaming industry, I do however know a lot about the military and have spent most of my career working with former members as well as having a brother that currently serves and did a tour in Iraq. In addition I serve with the Civil Air Patrol which is the Air Force Auxilary**

Oh so you make your living heartlessly seperating fools from their money.

Explains a lot about the condescending nature of your posts when it comes to chastizing people for not supporting the arial murder of children using sophisticated weaponry, and then trying to blame it on the limitations of the sophisticated weaponry.

Because after all those kids armed with wood sticks might have beat the heck out of ground troops so it was better off to bravely use stand off and attack weapons on them.

That's assuming the gaming you are in is not gaming sites like ATS to make outrageous statements in support of murdering children seem popular.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

So you are not in the least bit outraged that we are paying for our troops to be put in a very precarious situation that leads to things like this? You believe the villagers should have just cleared out and let the occupation forces do their thing? What if they had nowhere to go?

The attack on the boys occurred high in the mountains outside Nanglam in the Pech Valley of Kunar Province. American troops are preparing to close their bases in the valley in the next several weeks, in part because their presence has vexed the villagers, who would prefer to be left alone. The area is poor, and the only major road was built to service Forward Operating Base Blessing, according to local residents. A rocket attack on the base on Tuesday led to a helicopter search for the insurgents responsible, the NATO statement said. The base is surrounded by mountains and is the frequent target of Taliban fighters, who shoot down on it from the rocky heights. The helicopters “returned fire at the assessed point of origin with indirect and aerial fire,” the NATO statement said. “Regrettably there appears to have been an error in the handoff between identifying the location of the insurgents and the attack helicopters that carried out subsequent operations.”

The villagers apparently didn't mind that the supposed bad guys were around. They wanted the occupation forces out because they didn't want to be bothered. So here we have the occupation forces building a base in their village against their will. Is that the troops fault? No.

If the base wasn't there to begin with, the supposed bad guys wouldn't have been there firing down upon it to begin with. Let me ask you, who makes a base on low ground surrounded by hills and mountains? Pretty damn stupid command decision right there.

They are moving the base anyway it seems. The people in charge are sure they have helped out those villagers enough by now. They probably realize that they will not get away with firing their weapons and rockets indiscriminately into any old area that they believe can be hiding the bad guys.

You are on board with the military industrial complex committing these murders in your name?

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Wrong
I have not attempted to justify anything. In fact I have not passed any judgement on the pilots one way or the otherr. I said this was an accident thats it. That in and of itself does not remove the pilots from responsibility.

Murder this was not, Homicide yes, Murder no.
You clearly have a problem understanding what premeditation or intent mean. Again its obvious from your assertion that the simple fact that someone joins the military makes them a murderer that you are incapable of having a rational conversation on this matter. Spare me your assesment of my moral bank account.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

No I am not "outraged". I disagree with much that has taken place and I cant say that at this point I am satisfied with the results of the war in Afghanistan. That being said I understand that this is war and big boy rules apply. Big boy rules are be prepaired to live with the results of your actions. One way or the other. These folks continued to live in this area even though there was a war going on around them. Thats a mistake and they will live with the results. The pilots accidently killed non-combatants. That was a mistake and I suspect they will never fly in a military capacity again. If it is found that there was gross deriliction then they may in fact be prosecuted. They will live with those results. Big boy rules.

You all are conflating the issues into one big emotion fueled debate. Its not. You are trying to debate the entire conduct of the war based on a single accident.

edit on 4-3-2011 by Dragoon01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Sorry to cut this short but I am leaving for a weekend trip. I will be happy to continue upon my return.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

The U.S. is behaving like an out of control school yard bully across this planet.

We all know what happens to the schoolyard bully.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
For all of the America bashing liberals on here, if this really ticks you off, ask your messiah Obama to knock it off. I mean, the Nobel Peace prize winner, still isnt acting like he deserves it. Seems the "Storm Troopers" as the American soldiers were called under President Bushs administration didn't get the memo now that Mr. Pece prize is in office. This is war epeople things happen, seems they need to move.......that or get the warmongering fool in office to do something about it.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dragoon01
reply to post by jackflap

No I am not "outraged". I disagree with much that has taken place and I cant say that at this point I am satisfied with the results of the war in Afghanistan. That being said I understand that this is war and big boy rules apply. Big boy rules are be prepaired to live with the results of your actions. One way or the other. These folks continued to live in this area even though there was a war going on around them. Thats a mistake and they will live with the results. The pilots accidently killed non-combatants. That was a mistake and I suspect they will never fly in a military capacity again. If it is found that there was gross deriliction then they may in fact be prosecuted. They will live with those results. Big boy rules.

You all are conflating the issues into one big emotion fueled debate. Its not. You are trying to debate the entire conduct of the war based on a single accident.

edit on 4-3-2011 by Dragoon01 because: (no reason given)

You're not satisfied with the results yet? Just what results are we to be yielding there? Eliminating any opposition to have foreign interests to own and dictate the price of their resources? You do know that is why the Tabliban was snuggled up to for so long don't you? They decided to not play ball after all.

This is war you are correct. The pilots who fired upon and killed those children will have to live with this. There may be legal ramifications for them, you are right. Do you think that the people who put our troops there in the first place give a hoot about those pilots and what happens to them? The psychological effect, the legal aspects and everything that those pilots will experience is because they were put there by people who could care less about them.

This is no emotion filled debate. I am merely presenting you with facts but you seem intent on calling it emotion. So the people who put our troops in harms way, at our expense and under the guise of our will are not big boys after all, are they? No, they're not. They are greedy little misers who wanted to show those Taliban that you don't back out of a deal with them.

So you go ahead and trick yourself into thinking that you are being a big boy about all this. Trick yourself into believing that those pilots are being big boys as they must realize what they have done by now. Trick yourself into believing that war is supposed to happen and when it does we are all supposed to be big boys about it. Have a nice weekend big boy.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freezer

Originally posted by inthemass
this America bashing is getting ridiculous...

It's to be expected when you invade, destroy, and kill on a mass scale, based off of lies, entirely for profit and control. Bush calls it liberation, and fighting the war on terror. I call it murder.

I personally didn't invade, destroy, and kill on a mass scale. The US military did. I don't agree with what our military is doing, like i said we the public have no pull in what our military does. What happened was murder and i'm disgusted by it. So before people start yelling "YOU IGNORANT MURDEROUS AMERICANS" Aim you're rage towards the people who actually deserve it, Not towards the general public.

Have a good day.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I believe its now time to convert everyone over to hydrogen fuel and get our troops back home and quit worrying about foreign oil.

we know that binladens dead and has been since tora bora, they made sure he would never talk to witnesses about why we are there.

killing innocence to enrage the populous to continue on with this facade is just beyond retard.

I'm truly saddened by this, those children will never get to see another day, all because they were cold....

edit on 4-3-2011 by anumohi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

lt was murder, plain and simple. you said before, even with high tech opticals its hard to see from 400ft. That is the most pathetic excuse l have heard. lf you can't see who your fireing at GO LOWER, til you can, mind you l suppose you have to be real careful that a child may throw a piece of wood at you, but hey, don't stick you head out of the door and you maybe could keep your street cred.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
WAKE UP AMERICANS....PLEASE.

You have been brainwashed into becoming the most powerfull military killing machine ever.
It is not the vast American public, they are asleep, programmed to make the helicopters and bullets in isolated splendor, with manicured golf courses .
WAKE UP.
This is not about DEFENSE, it is about a global agenda aimed at global domination and control.
It has been underway a very very long time.
Those who are operating this force will care not a jot about America , or it's people, they will see America destroyed to further their agenda.
WAKE UP.
GRAVITOR

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Yes, Big Boy this is a single incident, one of far too many single incidents. Big Boys murdering little children. ls it any wonder that the US is fast becoming the most dispised nation in the world. as for those soldiers that commited this war crime, they will probably get medals or become mercenaries, you know the ones sent into the countries first to cause chaos, destabalise the countries so it looks like these countries are incapable of running their own governments. lLike lybia now. We are being told that the people are fleeing their county because they fear Gadaffi, When all the time it is because they see the warships off their coast and they don't want to stay and suffer the same fate as lraq, shock and awe or whatever fancy name the US will use this time. You can carry on bleating about your Big BOYs with their BIG TOY's Who have no respect for human life (except theirs of course) all you like. But the rest of the world Knows what you are doing and detest it. Shame on you and all those who think like you.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

i think they had the right to be there, they are afghan people, and we have no right to be there uk forces including the bloody americans
still # will catch up with you whether your a pilot infantry or the president of america, its called karma

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by inthemass

l agree, l really don't think the people here are angry at the american people. Most of the americans l know feel as frustrated with their government and military as the great majority of the rest of us. To hear people come on here and defend these acts of killing innocent children and call it an accident shows a total lack of respect for human life. Peace starchild.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
First, as has been pointed out time and again, we still don't know if this was an American Crew or a crew from another Nato country. Second, this is not Modern Warfare 2 where you get behind cover and heal up. In combat, he who shoots first usually lives longest. My heart and prayers go out to the families of these poor boys, but murder? How many of you on here who are ranting, raving, and foaming at the mouth about 'American killers' have actually spent one minute in a combat zone? My guess, not a damn one. This is like a skid row bum giving financial advice to Donald Trump, you don't know what your talking about. Because all you get are the edited screen shots the media wants you to see you lack a frame of reference to understand. These helicopter pilots have a reason to worry about being brought down by small arms fire, ever hear of Blackhawk down?
How many of you geniuses have ever felt the fear of knowing that at any moment you can be killed by anyone anywhere. These people don't wear uniforms you wingnuts. They are dressed like every civilian in the area, they use civilians as human shields. The American Military does its best to avoid civilian casualties, Taliban and the radical fundementalists there put civilians in harms way. I'm tired of hearing the jv squad tell the Packers how to win the SuperBowl. Hoorah!! nuff said.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

A 10th boy survived.

And here is your next "terrorist"

Our presence in the region only serves to create more terrorist and give them reasons to want to attack. Fact is, we have no business being in this country to begin with. Our goal was to go get Bin Laden. There is no evidence he is even there, and many believe him to be dead. The Taliban did not attack us on 9/11. So why are we even there performing operations now?

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I am completely appalled by the actions
of the military in this incident.

I think Court Martial charges should be
filed against the officer responsible
for this incident to include a dishonorable
discharge.

And restitution be paid to the victim's families.

Then I think we need to leave Afghan.
We have done too much damage to the region
to ever gain respect as a nation.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

A 10th boy survived.

And here is your next "terrorist"

abso-freakin-lutely
you can bet the bank on it.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link