It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nato aka (American Helicopter gunships) Murder Nine Children Collecting Wood.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Nine children shot to peices, their parents had to search for their body parts as the heavy gunfire tore them to bits, many limbs and heads could not be recovered, HERE but hey they did apologise.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Just more murder that will be ignored because of the location.

Aren't the "good guys" great?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
War never has a winner and always has civilian casualties. That's the plan and always was, they want the world to hate the US right now.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Oh my god. WTF!

"Hey, people are down there, we kill most people here right?"

"I think so"

"That's all i need to no"

Is how it most likely went.

Jesus, have some honor and humanity when you battle your enemy. AND ENSURE THEY ARE YOUR ENEMY. They failed on all levels.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Well it's working. And America isn't doing much to curb that.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by 10987654321

President Hamid Karzai, who was in London for an official visit, condemned the attack “in the strongest terms possible.” Calling it “ruthless,” he questioned whether the Western goals of combating terrorism and securing Afghanistan could be achieved if civilians continued to die. More than 200 people gathered in Nanglam on Wednesday to protest the boys’ deaths, witnesses said. Waving white flags, they shouted “Death, death to America!” and “Death to Obama and his colleagues and associates!”

This is from the article in the opening post. It seems we really are winning the hearts and minds over there, huh? This article also contains links to even more disturbing articles.

In a never ending quest to eradicate the Taliban, who the U.S. helped sustain and dare I say create, the allied forces seem to be firing on anyone. It really is quite sickening to say the least. Remember when we first went into Afghanistan?

We had to find Bin Laden. Who, through some miscommunication, was able to escape on a horse and elude all of our assets in the area. Now that is some horse. Who was the other bad guy supposed to be? Mullah or something along those lines.

Yes it was. He has one eye and one leg and is considered to be some sort of evil mastermind that had to be found as well. Apparently he was able to hop so fast that we couldn't catch him either. This is such a joke.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
At least General Petraeus has the decency to offer an apology

“We are deeply sorry for this tragedy and apologize to the members of the Afghan government, the people of Afghanistan and, most importantly, the surviving family members of those killed by our actions,” he said. “These deaths should have never happened.”

This apology means the media can't spin it as being not real or the Afghan boys deserving it in some manner (firewood = al qaeda bomb material).

If America doesn't end the war because of this incident then they really do deserve whatever evil plan the globalists have in store for them. When is just retribution obtained? Bin Laden killed 3000 Americans on 9/11, NATO has done this multiple times over with the Iraq and Afghanistan war.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I bet they were ordered to do so, not necessarily by Petraeus but by a higher ranking officer. The story says they thought the boys had attacked a NATO base (which doesn't belong there in the first place). So at some point with their high-tech sniper scopes I'm sure they realized it was young boys but either they shot out of racist hatred for the enemy or because a higher level commander told them to do it. Will we ever know? Probably not. Truth is the first casualty of war.

And I'm sure someone will reply to me "you don't know the pressure you're under when you're at war" What pressure? Boys with fire wood while you're in a helicopter? GMAB.
edit on 3-3-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
We allegedly have a state-of-the-art military, with sophisticated weaponry and technology, and we can't tell nine boys with firewood from a group of adults carrying AK-47's?

If we aren't sure...we shouldn't fire indiscriminately.

This is pretty shameful, and "sorry" is not enough.

- Lee

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
OP good find.
You might want to better present the article in your opening post next time:

Nine Afghan Boys Collecting Firewood Killed by NATO Helicopters

KABUL, Afghanistan — Nine boys collecting firewood to heat their homes in the eastern Afghanistan mountains were killed by NATO helicopter gunners who mistook them for insurgents, according to a statement on Wednesday by NATO, which apologized for the mistake.

The boys, who were 9 to 15 years old, were attacked on Tuesday in what amounted to one of the war’s worst cases of mistaken killings by foreign-led forces. The victims included two sets of brothers. A 10th boy survived.

NY Times

- Lee
edit on 3-3-2011 by lee anoma because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
The American military really annoy me. They're badly trained, immature and seem to consist of xenophobic psycho's.

If they aren't murdering innocents or killing Brits with friendly fire incidents, then they're wholly incompetent in finding their true enemies.

No wonder America is one of the most disliked countries in the world.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
so its ok to murder a few kids as long as you apologise?

i thought when i seen the headlines this had to be some unmanned drone.

i feel sick reading this.

America is going around blowing up whatever they want and murdering so many innocent people.

incidents like this help people clearly identify who the enemy is on this planet today.

i think it is time obama handed back that fcuking nobel peace prize he was given.

obama and clinton should have to answer for this crime. its on their watch.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I wonder why they would apologize..How about the apology for blowing up iraq, and killing 109,000 civilians..Like they give a rats ^&$... These guys are just murders plain and simple. Apologizing doesn't bring back the dead.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Freezer

they are only apologising now because of what wikileaks has done. they don't want to be caught out again. i don't why they think apologising from something so fcked up aws this makes any difference.

american people need to call their governement to account for this type of behaviour.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
No wonder terrorists wnat to bomb NYC or whereever. if your kid was living in occupied territory, killed by oreign neusance military, wouldnt yuo want revenge too? technology is so effin wonderful afterall
isnt it..even the most expensive of gear, can and will result in a waist of life. its articles like this, make me think our miltiray is creating the terrorism at this point. they want revenge, so will join al quida, becasue ohh lets say..a US military coppter shredded thier kids with .50 caliber machine gun fire, and it 'was all a mistake and accidental' cough cough
which i thinkis bull. pilot on drugs or medication or something?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
This is just so sad.....and so damn wrong on all levels.........the loses of the Afghani people is just so great; time for the USA and Coalition Forces to leave Afghanistan!!!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I wonder how much it costs to keep those gun ships in the air? I'll bet we could've used those very same resources to help improve the lives of that family instead of shredding it apart. This is all being done under the guise of the American people's will you know. Our taxes are paying for the deployment of those gunships. Whether you agree with it or not.

The thing is, they want us to keep the blinders on. It's all about freedom and taking out the evil doers. Those Taliban are evil and want to impose their will on these poor people. The Taliban came out of nowhere and we recognized them as being evil after they harbored Bin Laden and all that. The BBC is pretty reliable right?

Taleban in Texas for talks on gas pipeline Thursday, December 4, 1997 Published at 19:27 GMT

A senior delegation from the Taleban movement in Afghanistan is in the United States for talks with an international energy company that wants to construct a gas pipeline from Turkmenistan across Afghanistan to Pakistan. A spokesman for the company, Unocal, said the Taleban were expected to spend several days at the company's headquarters in Sugarland, Texas. Unocal says it has agreements both with Turkmenistan to sell its gas and with Pakistan to buy it.

news.bbc.co.uk...

How about the Congressional Record?

For anybody who wants to know who is to blame for 9-11 you can thank those State Department elitists who decided that the Taliban was better than King Zahir Shah and undercut every effort to bring a moderate government to Afghanistan. They are the ones, whether they were in Pakistan or whether they were in Turkmenistan or whether they were in various countries of the world where meetings were taking place, who undercut those efforts of the Taliban's enemies, or let us say those people who would just offer an alternative to the Taliban. Every time the State Department interceded.

And when I personally went to the countries around Afghanistan to try to get support for him rather than the Taliban, I was followed by a representative of the State Department at each of my meetings. At each of the meetings that I had with different political leaders in these countries, a representative of our embassy, meaning the United States State Department, was there saying Dana Rohrobacher is speaking for himself. He is not speaking for the United States of America. In other words, do not listen to Dana Rohrabacher.

Congress ional Record Google Books

This all not only merely sucks. It truly most sincerely sucks.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Truly sickening.

Hopefully, the gun camera footage will be leaked, and we'll see exactly what happened for ourselves.

If those pilots are whooping it up like the Iraq murders carried out by yet more American Helicopter pilots, they deserve to have their balls cut off with a rusty butter knife...i'd volunteer for the job.

Poor people, they have absolutely nothing, now they don't even have their families...real honourable this 'bringing peace and democracy' business isn't it.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
few quotes currently coming from breaking news quoting obama speaking about gadhafi:

'Violence against civilians will be monitored ... they will be held accountable for it.'

'Gadhafi has lost legitimacy to lead and he must leave; those who perpetrate violence ... will be held accountable'

who is accountable for the inocent children murdered by your helicopter gunners mr. president?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

Hmmm...bloody hypocrite.

I guess the Afghans don't count in the elites eyes, they don't have any money and don't consume enormous quantities of useless crap, so it's fine to blow their children into pieces, they're spending power won't be missed.

But all the while there's an opportunity to steal oil, let's tell Libya to do as we say, not as we do...Christ, if Libya did as the American war machine does, no bugger would be left alive to threaten Gadaffi over!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join