It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan Soon To Be 4th Largest Nuclear Weapons State

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
See Indo-Pak matrix challenges nuclear security efforts citing:

According to the most recent estimates by US intelligence, Pakistan has doubled its nuclear stockpile over the past few years. The nation’s arsenal now totals more than 100 deployed weapons. Pakistan is now ahead of India in the production of uranium and plutonium for bombs and development of delivery weapons. It is now producing nuclear weapons at a faster rate than any other country in the world. Pakistan will soon be the world’s fourth-largest nuclear weapons state, ahead of France and Britain and behind only the United States, Russia and China. Pakistan is investing heavily in plutonium-production capacity with work reportedly under way on a fourth plutonium-producing reactor at Khushab nuclear complex...The danger is that this expansion is happening at a time of great internal turmoil in the country and the rise of religious extremism. The fears of proliferation and possible terrorist attempts to seize nuclear materials are real and cannot be brushed aside..There is little hope that the “rational actor” model on which classical nuclear deterrence theory is based would apply as much to militant Islamist groups as it would to the Pakistani government. The present turmoil in Pakistan has once again raised concerns about the safety, security and command and control systems for its nuclear stockpile. Command and control arrangements continue to be beset with fundamental vulnerabilities that underline the reluctance of the Pakistani military to cede control over the nation’s nuclear assets to civilian leaders. It is instructive to note that of all the major nuclear states in world, Pakistan is the only country where the nuclear button is in the hands of the military. Moreover, senior civilian and military officials responsible for these weapons have a problematic track record in maintaining close control over them...

So why does Pakistan need so many nukes? And where are they getting the money to build them? (Are they still getting money from the Saudis?) Is there a conspiracy for Pakistan to build nukes for a future "Caliphate"?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Maybe to protect themselves from the ones who have the most nukes...Who is that again?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by SunSword

I agree that this is slightly disturbing, given the difficult times that Pakistan is going through, and the fact that fairly large parts of the country are living in poor conditions. I know UK give a few 100 million in aid to Pakistan every year, so this isn't the best news (although, they may well be cutting that aid, soon). However, with regards your question, about why they need so many nukes- why does anyone need so many nukes? Not sure whether it makes that much of a difference which country they are. Why would they do any differently, when the world superpowers lead by example?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Jefferton

The Russian Federation still has more nukes than the US.

Are you saying the Pakistani people need to protect themselves from Russia?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by Jefferton

The Russian Federation still has more nukes than the US.

Are you saying the Pakistani people need to protect themselves from Russia?

You win this round!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
well, its not that important that they got 4th largest number of nuclear weapons. more important is, that they have. one missile in the hand of crazy taliban in waziristan is good enough to start a global nuclear holocaust.

please excuse any lack of grammar knowledge, cuz i am not a native english speaker. i am from europe and was looking for a good website i could join.

did u guys hear about the terror attack in frankfurt, germany? 2 us soldiers got killed, 2 more seriously wounded.
edit on 3-3-2011 by mickey2011 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-3-2011 by mickey2011 because: was not finish

edit on 3-3-2011 by mickey2011 because: ??

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Hmmm no.

1. Russia 11k +
2. USA 8.5k +
3. China 1000+
4. Israel 200-400
5. France 300
6. UK 200
7. Pakistan 125
8. India 100
9. North Korea 5-10

So good luck for Pakistan to be 4th.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
well, the US is one of the most beloved nations on this planet..the yesterday-terror-attack on a us-military bus at frankfurt airport proofs that clearly.

u guys didnt get these news??

www.br-online.de...

read it! its german, but u gotta translatte it
edit on 3-3-2011 by mickey2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Did you count all those yourself?

Anywho, the question on my mind is how many do they really need? Wouldn't 50 be more than enough to take on anyone?

I mean, people talk about defense against the U.S, or some other bull#, but this isn't defense, this is an eye for an eye offense.. So why would you need so many?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Eliad

They need those against India. India has around 100 nukes and the Indian military can wipe the floor with the Pakistani army anyday, anytime. Pakistan knows this. So that's why they are building nukes. To counter India's conventional army.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Yeah, I know that India is the real threat, but seriously, it's a nuke.. 20 wouldn't be enough to take out most of India's population and completely destroy the nation forever, and seeing as how these people are only focusing on offense rather than on defense that's really all you need...

Make 50 to be sure, but 100 and counting? Who cares at that point? What's the difference between getting bombed by 50 nukes and getting bombed by 100? None.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I read Saudi Arabia financed the Pakistani Nuclear Bomb program in exchange for a few bombs of their own.

How many do they have? It has to be quite a few. 2 years ago they said they weren't accepting US dollars for oil anymore and were going to start the "Gulf Monetary Union".

The CIA got Barrack Elected to appease those Saud's and Middle Eastern Kings.....little did they know we were plotting to pull the carpet out from under them down the road.

Don't worry about Pakistani's nukes....worry about the ones they gave Saudi Arabia. Our dollars going to the Princes over there are the only thing keeping Saudi Arabia on our side....they struggle every day keeping their people at bay...they all hate us.

There's a Congressional Report saying Diego Garcia was taken by the military soley to secure Saudi Arabia when the time is needed. That's target 1 for the Saudi nukes. Target 2 is Israel. I wouldn't be surprised if Saudi Arabia had a team of Chinese/Pakistani's drilling a cave from their country to under Israel right now.

They think just as evil as we do.

new topics

top topics

join