It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO files reveal 'Rendlesham incident' papers missing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

According to this report, a whole batch of files have just evaporated. Does this mean that there is some real credance in the incident and that there is a real possibility of ET visitation, or just incompetance?
Personally, I tend to think that they are truly trying to cover this one up.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
God, I just wish the people behind the "Cover-up" gets the worst luck ever.
I can't wait for something much bigger to happen.
Thanks S&F

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
hmmmmm.......

Files on Rendlesham Forest incident (Britain’s Roswell) destroyed
During 2000 a search by MoD records staff revealed that a collection of Defence Intelligence files covering the period 1980-82 (including on the famous Rendlesham Forest incident) had been destroyed, even though other files from the surrounding years had survived. Records staff could not say when or why files were destroyed as the
destruction certificates themselves were not retained for longer than five years (DEFE 2026 p182). Officials from MoD warned that if what it called this “apparent anomaly in the records” were made public “it could be interpreted to mean that a deliberate attempt had been made to eradicate the records covering this incident”.
filestore.nationalarchives.gov.uk...

ufos.nationalarchives.gov.uk...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoneArcher
According to this report, a whole batch of files have just evaporated. Does this mean that there is some real credance in the incident and that there is a real possibility of ET visitation, or just incompetance?
One possibility to keep in mind in this case:

There might have been nuclear weapons stored on that base.

However, I've not seen any official admission of this, and my understanding is that this isn't something that they would want to declassify since it would have been a treaty violation:

Col. Halt to speak at the National Press Club in Washington DC

The fact that nuclear weapons were stored at RAF Bentwaters (in violation of UK/US treaty) makes this a very sensitive issue, especially for the former Deputy Base Commander.
So sensitive, that some documents may have disappeared?

I wouldn't rule out the possibility. I don't know if it's really a "fact" that nukes were stored there, but a lot of people seem to think so.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
So let's see where that leaves us...

Reputedly the best ever photo of a UFO being chased by a British Harrier Jump jet. Nick Pope had a copy of the photograph over his chair in his office while he worked there. Missing, no copies either of said picture.

Woomera 1960s... Rocket launch cancelled due to presence of a UFO and 2 unknown figures in a restricted high security area. MOD later put out story that the UFO was actually nothing more than a reflection in the camera lens and some investigators buy the story. MOD however, neglects to give any explanation for the *figures* yet the memo sent inter office is found asking do these figures look like the *Cumberland Spaceman* photo taken 2 weeks previously, just a couple of miles from where Britain is developing an ultra secret design for ICBM silos. There are 86 cans of film of Woomera rocket launches the only one missing, presumed lost is.....?

Now the Rendlesham files have all * conveniently* gone missing presumed, not just lost but actually *accidentally destroyed*. .

Meanwhile, they have no problems finding files of Mrs Bolsover having tea with some nice folk from the Algol system.

So let's tell it how it is. Three of the most interesting incidents in the last 60 years to occur in Britain, incidents all serious investigators would like to see the evidence on, have all been lost. That's just pure chance is it? Same as it was just pure chance, they destroyed the RADAR tape from the Rendlesham incident and several of the other installations, on a front line cold war air base loaded with nuclear weapons for distribution and dispersion, weren't working that Xmas?
edit on 3-3-2011 by FireMoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Originally posted by TheLoneArcher
One possibility to keep in mind in this case:

There might have been nuclear weapons stored on that base.

However, I've not seen any official admission of this, and my understanding is that this isn't something that they would want to declassify since it would have been a treaty violation:

Col. Halt to speak at the National Press Club in Washington DC

The fact that nuclear weapons were stored at RAF Bentwaters (in violation of UK/US treaty) makes this a very sensitive issue, especially for the former Deputy Base Commander.
So sensitive, that some documents may have disappeared?

I wouldn't rule out the possibility. I don't know if it's really a "fact" that nukes were stored there, but a lot of people seem to think so.

I can attest to the FACT that yes there were nuclear weapons stored at RAF Bentwaters, I was stationed there from1977-1979, I was discharged before the UFO incident. I worked the WSA (weapons storage area) where the weapons were stored....................what confuses me about that statement from the military is that it would be sensitive if the british found out?? It was no secret, just about every british national in the town of Ipswich (the nearest big town) was well aware of the nuclear weapons being stored there..............????

Parker
edit on 3-3-2011 by ParkerCramer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ParkerCramer

So many people are a tad naive about it all Parker...

Question...Were NATO forces aircraft at the twin bases equipped with nuclear missiles and ordinance?

Answer... No, which happens to be true the American planes were mostly ground attack Warthogs and the Brits were mostly interceptors.

Question... Was NATO storing nuclear weapons on the twin bases for rapid dispersal in event of a war?

Answer ...Yes they were and Hill-Norton admitted that on camera before he died.

new topics

top topics

join