It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Announces It Is About To Blast America Into Zimbabwe

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
my opinion - Expensive Wallmart will actually help the US economy! If China wanted to kill the US economy, they would do exactly the oposite - would depreciate their currency.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Isn't the American dollar only backed by about 2 cents of gold for every dollar out there!? You can't keep devaluated your currency by printing more! I realize that no currency is fully backed by gold, the last one was the Swiss Franc...and that wasn't even close to being current. This had to happen sooner or later, just wondering who would have the balls to call the US out. Watch out for war China.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
oh yeah, well America also makes...mouse traps, so ha!

Just kidding, this should be interesting. I've wondered why China seemed so lackadaisical while America devalued the dollar with no restraint whatsoever. I figured China had to be "in on it" otherwise why would they tolerate it? But maybe they're just a little slow out of the starting blocks and now they'll blow past the USA like Usain Bolt blows passed the competition (9.4 and not 9.58!)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I think you will see the Chinese dumping more of their US currency valued t-bills and such right back here in the USA where they will get more for their money than in official currency exchange. Don't be too surprised if those really nice houses in your area that have been empty for a while suddenly have new owners and they will be the Wongs and the Changs or some other big Chinese family.

They are buying up little islands and resort properties in South West Florida I know for certain since I dealt with some of them over the last few years. They mostly create tax exempt trusts to hold the property and then slowly develop the property on the cheap holding it until the market rebounds I expect. They are hard to work for because they just do not want to pay what a job is worth. After a couple of development projects for the Wong family I quit over a payment dispute.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
Isn't the American dollar only backed by about 2 cents of gold for every dollar out there!?

Less than that even. If gold is ~$1400/oz, then each dollar is worth 1/1400th of an ounce of gold? Is that about the right calculation?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
The only way to settle the american debts and to avoid other countries to flourish from the american down fall is to drag everybody into war. Start a world war and start over again. It is a recipe used by bankers.
edit on 3-3-2011 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

I don't think so. More like an economic hitman will arrive on there door step in the form of a few nukes thousands of warplanes some hundred warships.

If I owed someone that much money I would have no choice but to kill them or kill myself. Which makes me think maybe bankruptcy for Uncle Sam is imminent. inevitable.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
har har har, the europeans are coming to a walmart near you!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Why did the market just open 150 point higher in less than 15 min.
Is this china buying up everything as soon as it crashes, which only looks like gains on the charts. And when I went to sleep last night oil was at 102.89, it has dropped so has gold and silver.

I will just keep watching.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Moody's Investors Service said in a report on Thursday that the U.S. will need to reverse the expansion of its debt if it hopes to keep its "Aaa" rating.

Article

That scares me more. I recall another article from Dailey finance not long ago with more warnings from Moody's about it. If the U.S. loses its status as the reserve currency, then we are in big trouble.
This is allowing Bernake the capability to print more bogus dollars to put back into the stock market.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Wetpaint72

Day to day actions of the market are fairly irrelevant.

What you need to be looking at is where the money is flowing and why.

Normally when there is a huge upswing in global political instability, we should expect to see the dollar gain a large amount of value as investors seek the safety of US Treasury bonds.

That has not happened.

Investors have recognized that the dollar is no longer a safe position to be in, so they are backing their wealth by hording commodities, such as gold, silver, oil, and cotton.

The political instability of the middle east is a direct result of the Fed printing money. The tin pot dictators have bought up a large volume of our treasuries and have accepted a large amount of our handouts. They bought those treasuries by printing money themselves. This has driven up inflation in their nations to the point where food prices are consuming a huge amount of the average persons wages.

When people get hungry, they get angry.

edit on 3-3-2011 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

So if a grain of sand weighs 1 mg. 1$ worth of gold at 1400$/oz, is about 20 grains of sand worth?
If my calculations are correct.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Relax .. you guys are rumor mongering ... freaking out for nothing ... the US will never let the dollar drop out of reserve status ... they still have many tricks up their sleeves ... believe you me .. this has been planned for many many years by the past founding fathers ...
So what if China has a tonne of of our treasure bonds .. at the end of the day its just paper .. we'll just refuse to pay them by making excuses like we we always do and focusing on Chinese issues instead .. I'm sure the economic assassins are busy at work for many years now ... they can then wipe their butts with that paper when it's worthless to them ...
If you think the US has no game plan for this .. you really haven't seen the economic outreach .. power .. and planning of the US ..

China is artifically inflated ..big time .. they moved too fast without a proper foundation and not everything s gravy there ... all you see is city lights and sky crapers (pun intended) ..
The US has built itself through a solid foundation with planning ... as bad as it may seem right now .. it's a global thing .. thats why it looks bad ! China will drop like a rock because it is hollow on the inside .. they're just good at replicating things without understanding the product fully or understanding the responsibility of moving fast with technology ...
To be a superpower takes great responsibility and planning to stay that way ... it's not easy .. look at the USSR .. they dropped hard .. whatever the reasons were ... you have to be on top of every issue .. I believe the US has proved it's worth over time ... and will continue ...
It's like Henry Ford said .. when they rolled out Fords back in the day .. " you can have any color you want .. as long as it's black!" ...

Just wait and see what happens ... China's economic issues will start to surface soon .. and they will not know how to handle them except ask for American help ..! and at that point .. we'll put the smack down ...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

A few years ago I decided to watch the marked, you know just to pay attention. I thought I would try to at least educate myself a Little as to what goes on in the world. Obviously I am no expert but, back then(6 or7 years ago) it at least made a little more scenes. Now days I just about give up on even trying to understand anymore. It seems like it's all such a scam that nothing connects logically any more. There has to be so much insider trading going on, in fact I would venture to guess that most is insider trading and closed door deals. Just one giant global ponzi scheme.
edit on 3-3-2011 by Wetpaint72 because: Errors

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
to state the f*cking obvious:

1. it's called balance of trade.
2. US has been running trade deficit for almost ever.
3. among many other things, it means China artificially kept/keeps its currency undervalued, so it can keep selling its shyt to America. this caused/causes a lot of rhetoric from American media (MSM or not, both left and right) about the importance of imposing Economic sanctions on China for strangling American businesses out of existence.
4. if Chinese currency appreciates it would mean American businesses would be able to sell their shyt to China. in other words, undervalued Chinese currency --> America pumped full of cheap Chinese goods. strong Chinese currency --> American businesses get a shot at returning the favor.

so,

all whining folks from other threads who cry foul about Chinese cheap imports and slave labor came here to again whine and bytch about now-would-be-expensive Chinese goods. nevermind the other gems on here, such as, how strong Chinese currency would bring another Great Depression. "deny ignorance" my azz.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Markets really show very little. They are completely detached from the real economy. Manipulation is on such a scale that we could have empty grocery stores due to hyperinflation while the DJIA is at 20,000. I am not saying that will happen, but it could. The plunger team pours money to prop up equities, and all the poor joe blows believe it is evidence of economic recovery.

People always go on, and on about how you cannot eat silver. Yes, if the society collapses we are in trouble on many levels. I have some food stocks, guns, and water purification preparations for that eventuality. It may not happen for years though. People have been talking about the imminent collapse for a decade. Yes, the fundamental base of our economic system is dangerously unstable. It will fall eventually. What is unclear is how it will happen, and how fast. The idea that one day to the next we will become a mad max movie is speculation. It could happen, but to disregard current reality is foolish.

I am more concerned about wealth preservation. Equities, dollars, bonds, and even paper commodities are speculations these days. Do not put money into those markets without recognizing that you have no ability to know if that wealth will be lost. Physical gold and silver are your best bet for holding onto wealth. Yes, they are imaginary wealth in a sense. They are less imaginary than fiat money though. I recognize that if society has collapsed then it will not matter if gold is at 3200 because I will have to sell it for just one bag of grain. Today, that is not the case though. Today, the dollar is rapidly declining. Today, bond markets are held up by confidence alone. Today, equities have been driven by trillions of fiat money. That is why gold and silver are good investment.

Why would you not buy pms? It is like refusing to take medicine because one day you may die from a worse illness. Yes, that is true, but today it is in your interest to take the medicine.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
double post
edit on 3-3-2011 by stephinrazin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Alea iacta est - lets get it started...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1

Originally posted by Kargun
Wow this means nothing and I bet the dow rises tomorrow. Talk about spreading fear. Go hedge some money if you are scared. China needs oil. Guess what that is traded in. China holds a trillion of US foreign debt. I'm SOOOOOOOOOOO glad that when the dow hit 6500 I bought instead of selling like EVERY ats financial adviser would have had me do.

This site is good for ufo's but the WORST for making money in the market.

Silver was 18 an ounce 2 years ago, now it is over 34.

If you had listened to me, you would have made a 190% return on investment.

How did the market do in the same period?

By the way, Zimbabwe has one of the best performing stock markets in the world..... in nominal terms.

edit on 2-3-2011 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

You come here talking about all kinds of crazy repressed economic theory and yet you cannot calculate even a simple return or even see the relativeness of your return. 18 to 34 on silver is a 88% return, not a 190% return. Also for perspective, exactly 2 years ago the S&P 600 small cap index(IJR) was at $31.09 and it's currently at $71.99 for a return of 131%. The S&P 500 was at $696.23 and it's currently at $1326.99 for a return of 90.5% plus about 6-7% in dividends. Plus you have to factor in the cost of selling which is much steeper for physical silver than for index funds.
If you live in america you have to convert your silver to dollars to spend it. So even on an inflation adjusted basis your silver investment still lags that of the major market indicies.

So what was your point?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayouttheredude
I think you will see the Chinese dumping more of their US currency valued t-bills and such right back here in the USA where they will get more for their money than in official currency exchange. Don't be too surprised if those really nice houses in your area that have been empty for a while suddenly have new owners and they will be the Wongs and the Changs or some other big Chinese family.

They are buying up little islands and resort properties in South West Florida I know for certain since I dealt with some of them over the last few years. They mostly create tax exempt trusts to hold the property and then slowly develop the property on the cheap holding it until the market rebounds I expect. They are hard to work for because they just do not want to pay what a job is worth. After a couple of development projects for the Wong family I quit over a payment dispute.

Yep. They are doing just what the Japanese were doing a few decades ago. Turned out that the Japs lost money on just about everything they bought in the USA. Just a matter of time until the Yuan goes the way of the Yen in my opinion.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join