It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lucid Dreaming Powers/Abilities

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Hello there all,

I have been a lucid dreamer for many years now and I have them every night more or less without fail, in my lucid experiences I have certain powers/abilities that I can perform.

These include:

Flying (various speeds and heights)
Hovering
Pausing, Rewinding time
Psi/Energy Pulses
The Ability to open locked doors and start car engines by touching them
Invisibility
The Ability to pass through solid objects
Walking on water

I would like to know what powers/abilities you have in your lucid dreams, I hope to discover some new one's and so can all the other lucid dreamers by discussing it here. I find that I can induce things into my dream states by telling myself that I want to have them included as I am falling asleep.

Now, what can you do? I'd very much like to know and share

edit on 2-3-2011 by Resentedhalo08 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
How do you keep yourself from waking up? Everytime I have a lucid dream, and realise i'm dreaming, im always like "oh wow, im dreaming so i should just wake up". When that happens I try to keep myself in the dream but its REEAALLYY hard lol

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
i would like to know how the hell you are doing this. i have some pretty crazy dreams, but when im in them its like i have a different perception and i cant control them. and when i realize im in a dream, its like it doesnt matter because i have some sort of task.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
over times i sense a presence or a voice guiding me through lucid dreams, showing me how to use or control new "abilities"

i taught myself how to fly, well flying was always easy, the landing part eh...
but once in a lucid state i was brought to a place where they told me

"here is where humans learn to fly when they first get here"

on a more recent experience i was ordered to float/run over blasts and streams of water numerous times
actually alot of my lucid experiences have been dealing with water, sometimes still waters, sometimes not quite.

another recent one i was taught was how to stop any personification/character on the dream scape, apparently all one has to do is walk up to whatever stare it in the eyes with will and intent and done.

in most lucid experiences i dont even have a material connection to the setting, so most times i can control anything by will of mind. who cares about physics when you don't exist...

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jake93
How do you keep yourself from waking up? Everytime I have a lucid dream, and realise i'm dreaming, im always like "oh wow, im dreaming so i should just wake up". When that happens I try to keep myself in the dream but its REEAALLYY hard lol

I can do it naturally, I found to develop that ability LOTS of meditation and binaural beats helped, the way I see it you have to "balance" your "spirit" so to speak and to reach an equilibrium and then you can naturally attain the lusid dreaming state without too much trouble.

Another interesting trick you can do is as soon as you realise that you are lucid dreaming, start to spin around and around in your dream body, strangely and I don't know why but this works for myself and many other people but it does

I hope this helps you

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesk8s247
i would like to know how the hell you are doing this. i have some pretty crazy dreams, but when im in them its like i have a different perception and i cant control them. and when i realize im in a dream, its like it doesnt matter because i have some sort of task.

It's all down to realising you have complete control, you will feel you don't and you have tasks to complete, in my experiences these tasks are there to guide you so that you can attain a better lucid dreaming state, one of the first tasks I was giving in a lucid dream was to run and jump off a cliff into the sea where there are lots of rocks, understandably I was apprehensive about thism BUT this is the lesson that was to be learnt, let GO of fear, as fear manifests.

You need to progress through these tasks and learn the lessons you are being taught and then you will go into higher and higher levels of conscious dream states

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Jake93

if you read on lucid dreaming or research it a bit, you will hear about some tricks of the mind.

the most common and effective in that case is "spinning around"

like you would do awake and get dizzy, when you start to loose focus and the visuals start fading, right before you start to become aware of your body and surroundings again, start to spin around. first times you won't manage to stay in the same lucid dream, or even stay lucid at all, but you will keep dreaming and prevent yourself from awakening wich may grant you another shot at a lucid moment.

if you don't already keep a dream journal, try it, and don't be shy to try anything once, a failed lucid experience will still add up in your later experiences.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Hmm my main one that I seem to always do is walk through solid objects. Flying comes next. It was funny because in the dream I learned to fly, I was taught by butterflies. Really weird

And I watch anime, so almost any power there lol.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resentedhalo08

Originally posted by Jake93

I can do it naturally, I found to develop that ability LOTS of meditation and binaural beats helped, the way I see it you have to "balance" your "spirit" so to speak and to reach an equilibrium and then you can naturally attain the lusic dreaming state without too much trouble.

Another interesting trick you can do is as soon as you realise that you are lucid dreaming, start to spin around and around in your dream body, strangely and I don't know why but this works for myself and many other people.

I hope this helps you

Thanks I'll try that! This is actually pretty interesting:
Like all my life ive had this pillow that i got when i was younger. ive always had the pillow with a certain side facing up because i used to think that if i didnt, i would have nightmares. a few a weeks ago i thought to myself, "hell, im fricken 17 now i think its time to flip the pillow over and see what happens", lol, so i did, and started having lucid dreams like crazy! as time has passed the dreams have stopped, so i think im gonna try flipping it back to the way it was and see if that works out.

Idk why that happened though, i guess its just some weird psychological thing, lol

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnotherYOU
over times i sense a presence or a voice guiding me through lucid dreams, showing me how to use or control new "abilities"

I have that voice also sometimes, it's usually a female voice for me but generally I am not being told what to do to get new "abilities" etc.

i taught myself how to fly, well flying was always easy, the landing part eh...
but once in a lucid state i was brought to a place where they told me

"here is where humans learn to fly when they first get here"

Yes, I find there are a few different ways to fly, there is the jump into the air and step up a few times way and also the other harder way where you have to use your mind and energy to hover off the ground and then fly off.

with regards with the flying school, I recall a few lucid dreams where I was transported there and it was be teaching people how to fly, I remember there was a young boy and a girl in one lucid dream and I had to show them the basics

on a more recent experience i was ordered to float/run over blasts and streams of water numerous times
actually alot of my lucid experiences have been dealing with water, sometimes still waters, sometimes not quite.

Interesting that you say this as it has just jogged my memory, I have recently started working with water and distinctly remember saying to myself in a lucid dream, "hey, if I can hover, why not try and walk on water", which I then proceeded to do, it used the same kind of technique and method.

another recent one i was taught was how to stop any personification/character on the dream scape, apparently all one has to do is walk up to whatever stare it in the eyes with will and intent and done.

Very true, that's a classic example of fear manifesting and then facing it head on, fear doesn't have to be something scary it can simply be a character in the dream state who tries to do something your not happy with, I think this is an aspect of your subconscious (like the people in Inception).

in most lucid experiences i dont even have a material connection to the setting, so most times i can control anything by will of mind. who cares about physics when you don't exist...

I can do that to a degree, but sometimes things don't want to behave the way you think they should, lol... that's what I have experienced, but you are right about the physics

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

You need to progress through these tasks and learn the lessons you are being taught and then you will go into higher and higher levels of conscious dream states

i think that myself alot, that was my conclusion to deal with the frustration of after reaching absolute levels of control over some dreamscapes, now it feels im only sent to the hard ones where even though im still lucid it's hard to grasp any control or awareness, and when you do it's when "the likes of you are not suposed to be here" patrol shows up.

then for the next couple of night it seems you are grounded, no rememberance of dreams at all, no lucid experiences, no nothing...

just the old falling badly down the stairs right back into bed

and my advice to any lucid dreamer/astral traveler is: keep a sense of (divine)humor

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

i think that myself alot, that was my conclusion to deal with the frustration of after reaching absolute levels of control over some dreamscapes, now it feels im only sent to the hard ones where even though im still lucid it's hard to grasp any control or awareness, and when you do it's when "the likes of you are not suposed to be here" patrol shows up.
then for the next couple of night it seems you are grounded, no rememberance of dreams at all, no lucid experiences, no nothing...

just the old falling badly down the stairs right back into bed

and my advice to any lucid dreamer/astral traveler is: keep a sense of (divine)humor

Right, what this sounds like to me is another lesson which you have not quite grasped, I believe the lesson here is submission to a greater will, you have to submit a degree of control here and essentially go with the flow, try and stay aware but allow what is happening to happen.

I think each progressive level is a higher level spiritually and consciously, so there are various "births", "deaths" and "rebirths", the patrol you speak about is there to essentially say you have not learnt this lesson and to take you down a few levels to review things again.

Does that make sense?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I had a few lucid dreams when I was younger. In one I was flying over a green rolling pasture swooping down and up and flying by people.

The 2nd one I had was where I was walking through a green hill and through a glass/metal building. Pretty strange stuff.

Unfortunately I haven't really had anymore since then that I can remember. It's interesting, I should work on doing dream recall because that is suppose to help.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Yes, I find there are a few different ways to fly, there is the jump into the air and step up a few times way and also the other harder way where you have to use your mind and energy to hover off the ground and then fly off.

Thank you for providing me one of those "ahah" moments.

But that is exactly it, you described it much better than i could, i have never had given it that much thought but i do experience both ways.

the one where one runs or jumps in the air fast enough that it will feel like some invisible steps show up under your feet and when you get high enough the regular flying kicks in, it's similar in many ways to some flying kicks one does in some martial arts.

or the one where its really a much more focused intent, you do feel a surge of energy and have to have this certain level of consciousness and intent, and you pretty much blast off into the air like superman or neo.

either ways, great to hear about your very similar experiences.

don't dip too low

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by BodhiSeeker

I would highly recommend working on dream recall and also keeping a dream journal, you will find it very usefull in halping to induce lucid dreams.

Part of being able to lucid dream is to acknowledge the fact that you can, you can even tell yourself just before you sleep and/or as your falling asleep the things that you would like to happen in your dreams, I do this quite often, then you will see them in your dreams and that will trigger the lucidity

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Resentedhalo08

it does indeed, it's pretty much what i feel.

but hey maybe it's just me, i have a thing for it, somehow i like the feeling of being where im not suposed to yet.

aceptance to the greater will is always the key yeah, but since you and i are a part of the greater will aswell.
if it's in me to go around pissing off some higher entities, that must mean it's part of the greater will aswell.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AnotherYOU

That's exactly it!

The little "air steps" you feel under your feet after you run and then flying or the focused intent on lifting of the ground and flying.

It's interesting the commonality, it proves to myself and others who experience the same thing that it's not just an aspect of a persons imagination that provides such things, but a universal experience that we can all tap into

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

reply to post by Resentedhalo08

it does indeed, it's pretty much what i feel.

but hey maybe it's just me, i have a thing for it, somehow i like the feeling of being where im not suposed to yet.

aceptance to the greater will is always the key yeah, but since you and i are a part of the greater will aswell.
if it's in me to go around pissing off some higher entities, that must mean it's part of the greater will aswell.

How can I say this...

You are partly correct, yes we are part of that greater will, but we are emanations of it... imagine a sun and it's light rays coming off it, we are a part of the light ray and towards the end and as we progress we will travel nearer to the sun, to the source.

Here is a very poorly drawn picture I have just made to illustrate what I mean

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/77b90af64217.jpg[/atsimg]

It's best not to piss off the higher entities in doing so you are only keeping your spirits vibrational rate where it is and not increasing it, which you need to do in order to progress upwards.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

It's best not to piss off the higher entities in doing so you are only keeping your spirits vibrational rate where it is and not increasing it, which you need to do in order to progress upwards.

true and i perfectly respect and understand why you say that...

but, as i see it, each time i am knocked back down to lower frequencies i already know and remember the way back up better, so each time i get kicked, the faster i climb the whole thing again, so to speak.

some other people call this method simply crazy and irresponsible, i somehow see it as "endurance training" for some other not yet tappable planes...

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

but, as i see it, each time i am knocked back down to lower frequencies i already know and remember the way back up better, so each time i get kicked, the faster i climb the whole thing again, so to speak.

some other people call this method simply crazy and irresponsible, i somehow see it as "endurance training" for some other not yet tappable planes...

I think that this would be a futile effort personally, you will go down in vibrational rate and then get back up again to where you was again, only to be knocked back down again, you won't progress any further than that point until you grasp the lesson on that level. so in effect you are going in circles and wasting valuable time in which you could be progressing.

But! You have ETERNITY to do this, many spirits will do just as you are now, and many spirits will stay in the lowest vibrations and quite like it there and they choose to stay (evil entities) but no spirit is beyond redemption, at any point we can choose to progress onwards once again, then eventually a person's spirit will progress as far as it can go and re-join with the source, god, oneness, nirvana, enlightenment, whatever you would like to call it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join