It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution as a Funnel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I was sitting at my desk and suddenly had a thought about evolution being a funnel.

As I felt compelled to draw this to see if it would make sens, it seems like everything just fell into places instantly. I didn't think about it or try to make it work, I just lay down the words as I thought them.

I want to say that I have no deep knowledge of physics and the reason why I brought this here is to ask if anyone can tell me if it make sens.

I posted this in this forum because of that reason. To me this "vision" is more about the relation between spiritual/physical world than a truly scientific one.

+ I added a question about 2012.

[Explanation: The 3rd dimensional matter rotates in a limited space towards a center. Where, in coming together, they make easier connection. As time goes, the matter now really close together as only one place to go and it's outside the end of the funnel, meaning out of this dimension]

I remember a monologue in the movie waking life talking about evolution as a spiral that will inevitably fold on itself.

again, more of a spiritual interpretation than scientific.
Thanks for you insight.

edit on 2-3-2011 by IAMSEEKER because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Makes no sense to me.

What do I know though.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Perhaps describing the drawing and how it's supposed to work?

Connection Understanding? Disconnection? 4th Dimension?

What does the 4th dimension have to do with solar radiation mutation (evolution)
edit on 2-3-2011 by Tephra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Really you need to think outside the funnel!
unless it drains into another box?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by CIGGSofWAR

Well - it maybe like russian dolls.

One funnel in a bigger one - in a bigger one - etc.

According to some religions and ancient knowledge, there could be 9 funnels.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
there's an old term from some evolution wonk called canalization

Canalisation suggests that phenotypes are very robust to small perturbations, for which development does not exit the canal, and rapidly returns back down, with little effect on the final outcome of development. But perturbations whose magnitude exceeds a certain threshold will break out of the canal, moving the developmental process into uncharted territory. Strong robustness up to a limit, with little robustness beyond, is a pattern that could increase evolvability in a fluctuating environment. Genetic canalization could allow for evolutionary capacitance, where genetic diversity outside the canal accumulates in a population over time, sheltered from natural selection because it does not normally affect phenotypes. This hidden diversity could then be unleashed by extreme changes in the environment or by molecular switches, releasing previously cryptic genetic variation that can then contribute to a rapid burst of evolution.

I dont know if its relevant or not, but your funnel metaphor reminded me of the concept.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

Thanks for sharing - That's exactly the kind of stuff I'm looking for with this Funnel Metaphor.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Thank you for stepping forward to present your idea. It's a wonderful thing to always consider existence, for there are so many uncertainties.

As Tephra inquired, I would also like you to elaborate the meanings and concepts of "Disconnection, 3rd Dimension, Movement, Connection, Understanding, and 4th Dimension," as illustrated in your diagram.

Is this applicable to the evolution of the Universe as a whole, or evolution on a humanly-wordly level?
Have you considered this mechanism in relation to the subatomic and quantum levels?
How does your theoretical model tie into our modern/current understandings of physics and cosmology?

Looking forward to further discussion, Peace be with you

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Thanks for you interest. I'll do my best to explain.

- See the universe as 3 dimensional. To go along with this idea would be to accept that the 3d universe is not infinite. It is the Funnel itself. It contains space. Limits it. Therefore, to go out of the universe is accessing multiverses or dimensions.

Matter (ie) every "solid" thing, human included travel within that space and as time goes by, find its way to the bottom of the funnel where space is more restricted. By being closer together, matters interact more rapidly and easily with each other amplifying this certitude of being one.

For a short period of time, matter will have the chance to experience this closeness before being disperse again in another dimension. To eventually go thru a similar process involving different aspect than space/time.

As far as subatomic level - I don't really know anything about it to go into that, but bare with me for a second.

Every matter is made of atoms. these atoms are vibrating. As they go thru the funnel there is less space between them. the matter is heavier. It naturally look for the exit. (Natural state of enlightenment)

The movement represents the natural state of existence ie Vibration. Could literally be perceived as the planet's rotations.

I put something about 2012 because it could be interpreted as either the entry to the tunnel where we understand that we are all one right before passing to another state of vibration or we are in the lasts moment before we literally pass to another type of funnel.

And in the spirit of the Mandelbrot Set, this could apply to the whole universe as well as your own mind.
Every part of it being the whole.

Hope it helps. - It's kinda hard to be really precise as it is a feeling or let's say an allegory that is forming itself. With everyone's help and questions, I'll be able to see if it can be use seriously as a metaphor to explain the type of world/time we exist in.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
In a way it is, however, it is really an explanation of survival of the fittest in response to a scenario that involves a large population and a sudden decline in resources. I would imgaine, that if people are spiritually depraved (i.e. lost thier soul/spirit) then if a sudden change were to occur, then most of all these people would either die, or fall into a kind of hellish world, thier souls returning to the darkness, where those that were spiritually developed were able to transcend the negativity and exist in the light.

I have a theory that for some reason our "3D" bodies are more like machines, and though many people are alive an walking, in spiritual terms, they are dead on the inside, walking in zombie bodies.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SystemResistor

We could see that as an overflow of matter in the tunnel of the funnel.
Once there is too much, it may clog and stops anything else to go thru.

So the passing thru happens for some, but for others, the evolution stops. They get stuck in the 3d world and can't move forward for a long period of time.
Until something else happens to unclog it, the existing matter is stuck in a time that would now feel slower.

And it would make sens that it is a transparent funnel, so the matter in the 4th dimension can look inside the funnel. If human were able to travel to the end of space ie the funnel, maybe they would see the 4th dimension but wouldnt be able to access it. Just a thought.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMSEEKER

There could be more of an inner transformation as well as an outer transformation.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SystemResistor

If you do a little research on the holographic nature of our world, you'll see that according to that theory, there can't be one without the other.

Meaning the outer affect the inner and vice/versa.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
it is amazing how, when the time has come for a certain idea to manifest, it starts popping up independently in multiple places. i authored a fairly unpopular thread last week which speaks to your "funnel" metaphor.

in the picture below, you can see the arrow of time pointing up and the spiraling arrows getting smaller. and next to it, you see the object/subject duality overlapping more tightly. in the author's words:

...the evolution of the two worlds, Mind and Matter, will lead to a convergent reality, one naturalworld that has been once split into an external and an internal part which are then unified again by the humanmind....in another dimension that we cannot predict yet.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7260ea3b33cd.jpg[/atsimg]
INTEGRAL BIOMATHICS

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

Thanks for this...it's exactly the kind of stuff I'm looking for.

It almost feels like I need to find an easy way/metaphor to explain it so I can tell people around me with a simple imagery.

The graphic you provided seems to be explaining with a scientific approach and more depth what I'm trying to say.
I feel on the right path with this idea now.

Lets find more about this!

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I guess, in the most simplest terms, if we were to take an environment, and fill it with millions of random creatures, the creatures that are best suited to that environment will survive, and in time will eventually elminate each other by consuming each other, until, an equilibrium is reached, as the environment cannot be changed, those that adapt must force themselves through so they can integrate.

new topics

top topics

join