It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peak Oil, Population, Inflation and Understanding Exponential Growth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Playlist with all 8 parts.

Individual parts:

This video went a VERY long way towards helping me understand Peak Oil, Inflation, Population Growth and Energy Consumption. As we start riding the bell curve of peak oil DOWN, DOWN, DOWN, there are two factors which will keep humanity's oil use under the supply: 1) "Green" technology - using less oil 2) The price of oil. Think about it, nobody in the US government is ever going to admit that humanity has hit its peak oil output, there would be a panic.

Everything presented in this video series I have seen on ATS. Never have I seen it explained so eloquently and so fully.
edit on 3/2/11 by Angry Danish because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Is he trying to say that we cannot expect to grow infinitely into the future, both in population and consumption? If so, he's absolutely crazy...crazy like a fox. I actually enjoy his very matter-of-fact delivery and simple equations.
You're right though, there is only one politician I know of with the balls to state something so obvious yet politically taboo, and you know his name.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I've watched this guys lecture before. It really is amazing. His delivery is about as dry as toast but, if you can get past that and just pay attention to his material it is quite literally breathtaking. Don't know as I've every been so terrified as when he puts the growth in the context of microbes in a test tube.

This lecture truly has been one of the most important videos I have seen.

new topics

join