It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China attacks the Dollar

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
No Report in the MSM so far about this,eh? Lets see how long they can ignore that...off to Bed for now

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
I would argue that this is a good thing, I want to see the US Dollar removed as the global reserve currency for the fact that ever since its inception us here in the United States have only been able to print more and more money, consume without producing, and facilitate global economic meltdowns due to our mismanagement of the flimsy economic structure we have in place.

However another argument I would encounter is that the United States would presumably hit hyperinflation if the US Dollar were to be removed from world reserve currency status, which to me and my loved ones personally would be a catastrophe, but I would contend that when we finally return from the abyss we would have learned our lessons and have a stronger economy and people for it.

Another issue which crosses my mind is that for if the US Dollar to be removed from reserve currency status then presumably an international currency, one not tied to any one nation’s currency, would assume reserve currency status. This places the global financial structure into the hands of international organizations beholden to no nation state and no citizenry. Bankers will have full direct control over the monetary policies of the world, even worse than today.

MIs, we WOULDNT recover.

While we are "knocked out and on the floor", you will see an invasion unimagined hit our shores. We are already crippled.

Careful what you ask for.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   

you will see an invasion unimagined hit our shores. We are already crippled.

So all your utensils will be replaced with wooden chop sticks in the US
Along with increase production of rice fields and asian vegetable farms

How bad can the invasion be?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I'm not one to panic, but I do see this story garnering more attention on Twitter and I know that rumors can affect the market. Anyone have any sound advice on what I should to with my stock investments and 401k? Right now I'm just going to wait and see what the markets do today and see how they respond to this news. What's your take?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

It is time for us to take out some of there mocheesemo if you catch my drift.

I stirke in the heart of the dragon will sever its life blood.

Start by the usually friendly chatter then whammo down goes the dragon.

China thinks it is all that but little did it know the us is the super power and they are the mock up wanna be.

Copied wann be tech which will never be superior to the MILITARY MIGHT OF THE UNITED STATE MILITARY.

nuff said.

Well placed laser will put them in there spot.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
The game is finally up.. This, along with rising food and oil prices and inflation could be the nail in the coffin

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocky Black

Nuclear weapons pretty much makes war between the big countries of the world impossible without both being turned in to glass craters. China will overtake America economically, it's a fact and there is no reason to start huffing and puffing about it, America will still be a rich country at the end of the day. It just won't have the same amount of power around the world as it once did.
edit on 3-3-2011 by Solomons because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Well I agee to disagree.

China has money as long as we buy their crap. Which quite frankly really is crap.

Pick one thing you bough from China which was not disposed of within a year.

Let me see.

Nothing as I don't by china crap.

Well my wife on the other hand is a christmas tree shopper.

I think she buys flower pots from them and that is about it and maybe some cards.

We are are own worst enemy.

We let them buy our debt to the point it becomes a national security issue.

I wonder what the people up there in the state dept think.

Yes you the CIA what do you think about this guy running this country to the ground.

And what do do you do.

you shut the hell up and druink your coolaids thats what you do . Now back to work watching ATS posters having fun with you guys.

Stay alert saty alive.

Don't ever tread on me.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
How about that triple digit rally I mentioned last night? Do I get to say, I told ya so? lol

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Here's some more info:

www.zerohedge.com... eed+%28zero+hedge+-+on+a+long+enough+timeline%2C+the+survival+rate+for+everyone+drops+to+zero%29

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
The last guy that said he wasn't accepting US dollars was swung from a rope, a million of his people killed, and we've robbed and pillaged his country. Saddam Hussein.

China's not smart enough to win. They will be decimated and hundreds of millions of their people will be killed.

Those Chinese are good at math and could win the economic war. What they failed to do is the psychological war...dirty tricks needed to keep themselves sovereign.

They should have created a Naval Special Projects and snuck Tiger Teams of people into places via submarine/etc to undermine us. Like taking out the Statue of Liberty and making it look like some raghead terrorists did it.

We're lucky we have the Israeli's on our side. They LIVE for that kind of operation. Even if you lose money....you can make more playing dirty against the other guy.

China won't win. They can't bring themselves to playing dirty like we do.
edit on 3-3-2011 by Pervius because: evil is good when peoples pockets get filled

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

China now gets their oil from Russia; they have nothing to loose.....and the USA is in no way even close to being prepared to go to war with China, not for at least another 25 years or so.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by AeonStorm
This news comes on the heels of another matter....The senate is about to vote on whether or not to raise the US debt ceiling. My guess is that Congress isn't go to say no.

Coincidence? I don't think so. I think this is China's way of saying enough is enough.

Peace & Respect,

AS

What do you mean "I think this is China's way of saying enough is enough."? Enough what? China is the one that manipulates their currency. China has one of the worst human rights records on the planet. China has nothing resembling OSHA that adds billions of dollars to our manufacturing costs. China uses unsafe and banned materials in the manufacture of goods. I could go on...

Maybe the US has had enough. Maybe US consumers are getting sick and tired of a bunch of little yellow buggers with absolutely no moral compass trying to push us around.

I wish China would declare war so we could end this charade.

It's time to give China the finger. You wanna see an economy collapse? Watch what would happen if we pulled our money and manufacturing out of their country.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

While we are "knocked out and on the floor", you will see an invasion unimagined hit our shores. We are already crippled.

You need to put down the Red Dawn. If another country tried to invade the United States it would be the shortest war in the history of humanity. You do realize that we all have guns, correct? I will promise you this- There is not one military power on the planet who would consider invading the US. You may sit at your desk and type it out on a computer, but in reality, it would be a massacre.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by Pervius

China now gets their oil from Russia; they have nothing to loose.....and the USA is in no way even close to being prepared to go to war with China, not for at least another 25 years or so.

You have no idea what you are talking about. We have a bigger and better equipped military than China and economically they aren't in our league. China does not have a "real" economy. It is all smoke and mirrors and manipulation. It just amazes me how ignorant people are.

If we went into an all-out war with China...Um, they would lose handily and quickly.

Here's the biggest difference between the US and China militarily, and why they will never stand a chance against us- Our soldiers are volunteers and fight for freedom. Their soldiers are conscripts and fight becasue if they don't, they will be killed and their family charged for the price of the bullet. Big, big difference in motivation.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Uh oh... according to xe.com, 1 CAD = 1.02692 USD

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by DragonTattooz

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK
reply to post by DragonTattooz

I think you will find there are literally Billions of consumers either 'Home grown' in China or popping up, in the billions in India and a few hundred million in south America........

These NEW consumers also seem to have money unlike 90% of Americans........ and Europeans come to think of it...

PDUK
edit on 2-3-2011 by PurpleDog UK because: (no reason given)

The US is still the world's #1 economy by a huge margin. We are, by far, the world's #1 consumer of Chinese goods. The people in China and India who are making $0.50 an hour aren't big consumers. Remember, that's why US companies outsource? Because Chinese and Indian labor is so cheap? How are those people big consumers? Just because there is a lot of them? Most Chinese and Indians, by most I mean MOST, are so far below what the US calls poverty level, that we actually use a different phrase to describe their economic status; it called Third World Country.

DT...

I hear and understand that your right, the majority of the 'NEW' consumers in China, India, South America and Russia i guess are not quite on the same level.....yet..........

BUT.... most of the Chinese Goods made and sold to the American Consumer market are not really High Value items and so ARE by default more in reach of those third world countries you mentioned.....

There is still some time before these new consumers replace the American consumer BUT don't fool yourself.......... that time is tens of month and NOT tens of years......... America is fast becoming LESS important to China and India....

Regards

PDUK

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

You need to put down the Red Dawn. If another country tried to invade the United States it would be the shortest war in the history of humanity. You do realize that we all have guns, correct? I will promise you this- There is not one military power on the planet who would consider invading the US. You may sit at your desk and type it out on a computer, but in reality, it would be a massacre.

DT

Again I agree with your view here.... there would be NO country on the planet who would want to invade the USA BUT not because of fear of the indigieous population and their Gun ownership.......... more to do with the fact that The American Continent offers LESS resources than other parts of the world considering the amount of time and effort involved in trying to invade anyway......

To beat America, an opposing country will just have to effectively upset the ever so "Fragile'' Global economy in some way and the USA will fall down that way....... hhmmm......!!??

Regards

PDUK

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

You are saying that an invasion would not occur becasue it would be too difficult based on the amount of resources that the invader would aquire? You need to look up what kind of natural resource we have here. Trust me, the reason why no one would invade has everything to do with the fact that they would lose. You are right in the sense that it would simply not be beneficial for the invader, but your reasoning is incorrect IMHO.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

reply to post by PurpleDog UK

You are saying that an invasion would not occur becasue it would be too difficult based on the amount of resources that the invader would aquire? You need to look up what kind of natural resource we have here. Trust me, the reason why no one would invade has everything to do with the fact that they would lose. You are right in the sense that it would simply not be beneficial for the invader, but your reasoning is incorrect IMHO.

No DT

I am saying that if you were to do a cost benefit analysis then it would not be worth an invasion by a foriegn nation.....The level of resistance and possible losses for the agressor would far out-weigh the resources and benefits they would gain by invading......... there are more bountiful and more easy to obtain resources in other parts of the world rather than fight America on it's own turf..................... But as I said, the way to 'Take Down' the USA is economically ...... no need for a fist fight there !!

Cheers

PDUK

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join