It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet Alex Jones, the Talk Radio Host Behind Charlie Sheen's Crazy Rants

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Meet Alex Jones, the Talk Radio Host Behind Charlie Sheen's Crazy Rants

www.rollingstone.com

From the outside, the squat, single-story office complex that Jones calls his "command center" resembles a moon base surrounded by fields of dying grass. But inside, blinking banks of high-tech recording gear fill the studio where he broadcasts The Alex Jones Show, a daily talk show that airs on 63 stations nationwide. Jones draws a bigger audience online than Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck combined — and his conspiracy-laced rants make the two hosts sound like tea-sipping NPR hosts on Zoloft.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Heh-heh, love him, or hate him, Jones is currently THE number one conspiracist in terms of internet audience draw.

And his numbers and popularity continue to climb. Even though the Sheen interview may have looked like a descent into complete maniacal madness, it was pure brilliance in terms of generating more attention, and allowing Jones to reach an even WIDER audience and spread his message, as was recently seen by his presence on the very popular show, "The View", where he managed to slip in references to some of the major conspiracies that none of these media outlets would normally touch with a ten foot pole.

This is a nicely written article which goes into not only some of the conspiratory material that AJ routinely talks about, but what INITIATED him into being such an outspoken individual into standing up against TPTB.

Worth a read imho...

www.rollingstone.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
i find him highly entertaining, and wouldn't mind sitting around having a chat with him. I know a lot of people hate him, but hey at least he is getting the word out on things! thanks so much for the article. i did watch the video of him on the view, that was funny. He has a lot more patience than I do to sit there with those annoying women!

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Alex Jones is a attention seeking lunatic. Over time he will be proven wrong on nearly every delusion he pushes. He is now just another conspiracy theorist capitalizing on assumptions and delusions that are a product of Govt. mistrust.

His interview with Charlie was as bad as it gets. His delivery is awful and awkward. Alex Jones clings onto Charlie Sheen, simply for his celebrity status. Charlie stomachs Alex, because it lets him get his alternative view out there.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ShaunHatfield

Charlie stomachs Alex, because it lets him get his alternative view out there.

No actually they're really good friends, and have been for many years.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
There's a horrible miscalculation taking place by TPTB in this demonization effort.

Peace

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Alex Jones, is an ally of the truth movement. I find it disgusting that people on ATS try and use baseless attacks on the man who has actually devoted his life to waking people from their fluoride bubbles.

Alex Jones will always be part of the solution, not the problem.

Attacking the man for showing passion, as I've seen countless times on here, only goes to prove persons here have no clue what a real patriot feels at times. You have to be passionate, you have to entice a response from your viewers, or what was the point of broadcasting yourself in the first place.
edit on 2-3-2011 by Tephra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I've came accross some good articles at prisonplanet and infowars
Howevr I am not at all a fan of this madman
I've said it before, i'll say it again.. Alex Jones gives a bad name to conspiracy theorists

He is turning into a govt. front to make all conspiracy theorists seem like people that belong in an insane asylum with his insane ranting, screaming like a lunatic and showing up at public MSNBC events screaming 911 was in inside job.
It being an inside job or not that's not the way to approach it, you approach it with good arguments and intelligence not screaming into a megaphone at public mainstream gathering.

Now.... with that said....
I should expect more from Rolling Stone with this article
First look at the image of AJ, he looks like a short midget cleric from Waco, Tx

secondly...

Five days ago, a mentally disturbed 22-year-old named Jared Loughner opened fire on a crowd in Tucson, Arizona, killing six and seriously wounding Rep. Gabrielle Giffords. Loughner was reported to be a fan of Loose Change, a film Jones produced that has become the bible for those who believe 9/11 was an inside job.

What is the author suggesting here?
That Loose change had a direct influence on the shooting?
The shooter also ate lunch everyday i'm sure, do you think that might have to do with the shooting too?

It continues in a good light, but only in further pages where most people won't go

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ShaunHatfield

If you find the mistrust of government to be delusional, you really have no place commenting on the irrationality or delusionality of others, lol.

(...as trust in the monopoly of violence that is the government is the fundamental and foundational irrational delusion of mankind currently...)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I don't necessarily like him, nor can I stand his show for more than 5 minutes. His yelling and foaming at the mouth just outright annoys me. However, I am an always glad to hear him doing things such as this. The View interview was great, glad that he was slipping in "Collapse of Building 7" to 30 million viewers, many of which did not know about building 7.

I think he is very necessary, and I am glad that he is not dead yet.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
sometimes alex gets a lil' wild. i'm not gonna lie to ya, I've turned him off from time to time during some of his more heated rants.

but...

he's on the the air almost everyday spreading the truth.

he doesn't mess with the topic of 'space aliens' and he always provides documented proof of his claims.

he's way better than the the corporate media celebrity worship programming, i'll give him that.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Standing up against TPTB? Didn't you just say he was on The View? Who does he think he's fooling? I mean come on... the guy is making a living feeding off paranoid gullible people. I'm not even sure he believes half the stuff he says.

To me Alex Jones was like a novelty act. I discovered him, listened to him for a while, got bored when essentially none of what he said came true and then never looked back other than to offer the occasional warning for people to not waste their time with that one.

And I definitely think that illicit substances likely spawn most of Sheen's craziness, AJ's just a catalyst.
edit on 2-3-2011 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
There's a horrible miscalculation taking place by TPTB in this demonization effort.

Peace

I agree wholeheartedly. The media made a terrible mistake; facts and matters of record notwithstanding, the power of the 'conspiratorial mindset' may be prone to seem like 'lurid deduction' but it is clear that people are losing their affinity for being told "how it is" by the MSM-sanctioned talking head parade (which I consider part and parcel of TPTB).

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Hey, thanks for posting the link to this article. I read it and really enjoyed it. Interesting how he was so influenced by the corrupt LE he saw growing up. I'll check out his show some time.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I agree sometime I wonder if these celebrities like Lohan and Sheen do these things for attention, which for them turns in to money, like a show behind the show.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

NO YOU give a bad name to conspiracy theorists with your racist and homophobic attitude.
REAL truthers unite the masses because we have TRUTH as our weapon .

Abuse Alex Jones all you want youve shown your true colours now .

Join us or GET OUT our way !

PEACE to all truthers who unite to expose the truth and try and make the world a better place .

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShaunHatfield
Alex Jones is a attention seeking lunatic. Over time he will be proven wrong on nearly every delusion he pushes. He is now just another conspiracy theorist capitalizing on assumptions and delusions that are a product of Govt. mistrust.

His interview with Charlie was as bad as it gets. His delivery is awful and awkward. Alex Jones clings onto Charlie Sheen, simply for his celebrity status. Charlie stomachs Alex, because it lets him get his alternative view out there.

Posts like this bug me. People seem to forget that alot of what he says have been proven with documents. Also, alot of what he has said has come to light. Is it because people are afraid of the truth, or because they have their tounges uo the a*sses of their government that they can do no wrong. How can we make the world a better place with people like this.

Yes, alex can be annoying at times, and i don't agree with everything he says, but he has backed up stuff with evidence, and he has said stuff that has come to light, so how the hell can you just dimiss him like that?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomzilla

Well said

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Alex Jones is just a lying attention seeking fool. He appeals to emotions by using fear and exaggerated patriotism which hooks his followers. Then he twists information to appear as facts and people buy it.

He only yells what he knows his followers want to hear. For example, if I wanted to make a bunch of atheist friends, all I would have to do is yell God doesn't exist, and throw information out there that only appears to support that idea. If I wanted to make a bunch of Christian friends, I would just have to preach about Christ... etc. Basically, what Alex Jones does is preach anti-establishment crap to hook all the gullible fearful conspiracy theorist followers.

As long as Alex Jones yells "911 was an inside job" and "TPTB are trying to kill you" every 5 minutes, his followers will blindly follow him and ignore all the lies he regurgitates every show.

Alex is just a rude a--hole who not only disrupts TV shows, but also peaceful protests, and provokes disorder, provokes hate, provokes fear, and provokes violence.

Most of his followers are not even bright enough to understand how he makes REAL truth seekers look like lunatics.

Oh, and Alex Jones is clearly on drugs.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join