It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Living in a pastime paradise

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
hello poeple

first listen the song and read the lyrics and i will ask you this simple questions.

how do you see the paradise for all humankind and have we failed to live in a paradise ?

my last question is

if someone give you the opportunity to pass a message to the whole world ... What message would you give?

Stevie Wonder - Pastime Paradise

They've been spending most their lives
They've been wasting most their lives
Glorifying days long gone behind
They've been wasting most their days
In remembrance of ignorance oldest praise
Tell me who of them will come to be
How many of them are you and me

Dissipation
Race Relations
Consolation
Segregation
Dispensation
Isolation
Exploitation
Mutilation
Mutations
Miscreation
Confirmation.......to the evils of the world

Living in a future paradise
They've been looking in their minds
For the day that sorrow's gone from time
They keep telling of the day
When the Savior of love will come to stay

Proclamation of Race Relations
Consolation
Integration
Verification of Revelations
Acclamation
World Salvation
Vibrations
Simulation
Confirmation.......to the peace of the world

We've been spending too much of our lives

Let's start living our lives
Living for the future paradise
Praise to our lives
Shame to anyones lives

edit on 2-3-2011 by pitchdragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by pitchdragon
hello poeple

first listen the song and read the lyrics and i will ask you this simple questions.

how do you see the paradise for all humankind and have we failed to live in a paradise ?

my last question is

if someone give you the opportunity to pass a message to the whole world ... What message would you give?

Stevie Wonder - Pastime Paradise

They've been wasting most their lives
Glorifying days long gone behind
They've been wasting most their days
In remembrance of ignorance oldest praise

Dissipation
Race Relations
Consolation
Segregation
Dispensation
Isolation
Exploitation
Mutilation
Mutations
Miscreation
Confirmation.......to the evils of the world

They've been looking in their minds
For the day that sorrow's gone from time
They keep telling of the day
When the Savior of love will come to stay

Proclamation of Race Relations
Consolation
Integration
Verification of Revelations
Acclamation
World Salvation
Vibrations
Simulation
Confirmation.......to the peace of the world

We've been spending too much of our lives

Let's start living our lives
Praise to our lives
Shame to anyones lives

Paradise for human kind on the whole would be hard to say would be specifically any kind of lifestyle. If anything paradise would need to be specified, unique to each of us, as we are all snowflakes in a blizzard. Sure some would be similar, but we all have cravings of our own. Your topic brings to my mind all the possibilities of virtual reality. We've got tech that allowed one fully paralyzed man to write a book, with the use of a head-mounted monitors that allow him to use an onscreen mouse/etc.

Give it 10-20 years and likely all you'll see gamers using will be headsets; the tech allowing games to be programmed to thought specific for playing. You add that to the increasing level of clarity of high-definition, 3d tv tech, and our magnifying speed at which be create larger and larger storage spaces for data (XD i remember putting floppy disks into comps, they had like.... less than 1/10th of a gigabyte...... now we have Terabyte (1000Gbs), along side blu-ray discs that are being developed to the point that they can hold up to 100, and even 200gigabytes, all on one disc). Soon..... we'll have the most beautiful displays, with all the space for data we could use, add that to tech that makes it all hands free and you've got the makings for one hell of a virtual reality experience. XD people think others vegetate in there homes enough, never going out...... Give it some years and it will might become a problem, or it could teach people the value of what life really is; a challenge.

People will be able to create their own "paradises" in 40/50 years or so with virtual reality. Some people may even do jobs in these virtual realities, not even having to leave home to work. Some people may abuse the tech as humans have been to known to be susceptible to abusing commodities, living out all of there virtual life alone as to prevent any kind of opposition to what they want to experience, living out there lives doing things in a virtual world that makes no difference in this one. In the end though.... in a world as frightening as ours can get I cannot really blame people for that, all I'd be able to do is advise that if they need the virtual comforts, is to share them with others out there. People no doubt though will find tons of ways to use the tech to help our real world; learning how to cook without having to use/waste food, trainning simulations for firefighters/police, learning how to do anything irl that is initially dangerous (swordplay, racing, boxing).

For some people in that world paradise may be simply laying in the open Savannah amongst the beautiful animals (without fear of predators, like lions), soaking up the sunshine as you have a virtual pick-nick with friends from across the globe. For others it may be spending there human life fapping to virtual sex XD.

I really doubt with the awesome ability of humans to be so unique, that there will ever be an ever lasting peace here on earth. There will always be an opposing opinion, for which there may be people willing to fight and kill over, regardless of if you feel the same. That's just the rules of the game when you start to have Billions and Billions of us.

For humans to become a more peaceful race.... we'd have to drop some of our unique qualities for the sake of the unified idea of peace...... With that happening, humans loose their colorful spectrum of personalities.... which to me leads to a little bit more of a boring pointless existence. We'd probably become a weaker race when it comes to fending off hostile aliens, due to the overall want to be accepting of others needs and ideas.

So I can't really say what I'd say paradise for humankind would be, only for myself. Mine would have to be really at my choosing for it to be truly a paradise for me. I'd guess I'd want to start it out alone, alone on this planet before humans were really around..... maybe a bit after the dinosaurs, in this world I'd have to be able to fly as well..... just floating around and taking in the beauty thats taken millions of years to culminate on this fast flying rock in the middle of nothingness is quite the paradise to me. For it to be paradise though.... it couldn't end there.... I'd have to go back to people, back to company of my own kind. Which I wouldn't mind experience some of the older civilizations regardless of the wars their involved in..... just again to take time to appreciate the art and beauty architecture unique to each civilizaiton.... I'd probably skip these times and then just move on into the future.... playing with future tech for amusement. During all that exploration, or possibly after I'd definitely feel the need to create and produce art in all forms; music, paint/drawings, clothing, etc etc.

I guess in the end though I'd find myself trying to play god/goku XD, just going around helping those who need it. In the end I'd find myself directly in the confrontations of the world, experiencing both sides, cause in the end, what is good without evil? You take someone from the climates up in alaskas, stick them in barstow.... and they will know heat to a degree the locals haven't experienced, just because they have grown accustomed to it. Pretty much what i'm saying is that were lucky we live in a world that has both evil and good people, if we were all hive minded...... we just wouldn't understand confrontation and determination, and several other concepts like we do. Some people seriously do not have any clue as to how true is that they are already living in paradise as opposed to the kids in Ethiopia and such; hoping for a new pair of shoes/ a bowl of soup. Its really quite sad...... people waste there life preparing to be chosen for some after-life paradise.... when theres a chance that when they die..... they may simply "turn off" like the organic machines that i view humans as. When during all that time they could be making their only living time a paradise for them-self and those around them.

Some people just never realize what they have until its gone....

Gone

new topics

join