It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds protest Fort Worth police shooting

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
This is another sad example of what we have in the US, blackism. Black racism, or rather a jihadist like take on radical blackism, that loves crime. These who adhere to this, love crime, and hate honkey, and believe crime is the natural way of the black, and so any effort to stop crime, or make arrests, they automatically believe is a violation of their civil rights, because they believe as blacks, their civil right is to practice crime, and sing and dance about it, and have crime heroes, and idols like 2 Pac, Lil Wayne, and Easy E, and they teach their children this too, to praise crime, hate honkey, and snitches wind up in ditches. It's a sickness that have overtaken the black community, usually poor uneducated types, or exploiters, like all the so-called "Revs" you see, stirring up the blackist riots. And our politics too panders to this extremism, giving rewards and free passes and making special areas in public libraries and political agendas to promote this blackism among black youth, so they feel it is their racial call to sell crack and carry a stolen gun. This blackism needs to be removed, and like jihadist extremism, more educated and respected blacks need to speak out against it, and our government needs to stop pandering to it, it's the cancer of the USA.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
The police officer was trapped. What does the camera of his patrol vehicle show? Just because you are a minority does not give you the right to automatically use racial excuses. We have law enforcement people who place their lives in danger and so often I read/hear how much of a bully they are. The person in question should have turned off his vehicle and sat for further instructions. What was this man hiding? Those of you who so quickly find fault with law enforcement are the very ones who complain because they do not respond as quickly as "YOU" think they should. We are all responsible for our actions. The excuses are getting rather lame.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
When have your herd of a cop puting is arm in a car?
they get them to step out at gun point.
Did any one see him on the car as it drove off?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by OptimisticPessimist
If my arm was deliberately trapped like that and I had a gun, I would not hesitate to use it after I had made it clear the person was to stop attempting to kill me and they refused to comply.

But, what with the historical abuses towards the American Black Community, it's no suprise they would be highly suspicious of any death at the hands of Law Enforcement.

Wrong. Putting your hand in someone else's private space means YOU ARE TRYING TO KILL THEM.

Stop protecting tyranny with excuses of "threats to the tyrants life".

What do you defend the rights of thieves who break in a home to kill the home's residents because they threaten the lives of the criminal who broke in?

Thats what your logic equates too.

So could you explain to me how any policing officer would stop a criminal attempting to flee a crime by way of a vehicle, if attempting to take the keys is tantamount to "TRYING TO KILL THEM"?

You seem to assume that all who choose to enforce justice and uphold the laws that YOU benefit from (sure, there are laws that we don't benefit from, but that's another issue), are tyrants.
You're telling me you would allow any criminal to flee, because you wouldn't want to be seen as tyrannical?

I can't agree in the slightest and find your retort illogical in itself.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by buni11687
Article

FORT WORTH -- A 32-year-old man who was fatally shot by a Fort Worth police officer Monday night had been under surveillance on suspicion of narcotics trafficking, police officials said Tuesday.

The story is a bit lengthy, so ill try to sum it up the best I can.

The guy who was shot, Thomas, has been under survellience because he might have something to do with drugs. He gets pulled over and an officer tells him hes under arrest. The officer reaches in the window and Thomas starts driving away and rolls up his window, with the officers arm still inside. Im not sure what speed he was going, but it sounds like he was accelerating pretty fast.

"The officer was able to place his feet on the driver's side running board, unholster his service weapon and order the driver to stop," the release stated.

Thomas refused to stop and was shot several times. There were 3 children in the car at the time.

Now to the protests part.

The incident sparked protests Tuesday in the Stop Six neighborhood, where participants called the shooting unjustified and said they will push for a federal investigation.

"Word has to get out concerning what's happening in the black community," said the Rev. Randolph Shaheed, who helped organize the protests. "We're not trying to be radical as it relates to violence. We're out here trying to be radical as it relates to change. Change has to come."

Some of the protesters said the officer used excessive force, and others say officers frequently target the black community.

"We've been getting dragged through our own community for years now," said Kendrick Moore, a friend of Thomas'. "We're grown. Now we've got some power behind us, whether the police department knows it or not, and we're fixing to take action. This was wrong."

Another protester, Terrance Montgomery, called the police "just another form of militia -- they're just an organized gang."

Simmons said her niece said her handicapped father was reaching for his cane when the officer "let loose" with gunfire.

Im kind of split on this one.

First, if there was no "war on drugs", I doubt this would of happend.

But, atleast from what I understand, the officers life was drastically in danger, and had to save his own life.

I dont really know what to think about this one.
edit on 2-3-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Charal "RaRa" Thomas Shooting: Justified or Homicide was the topic of conversation Friday night on internet radio show "Center Stage." Many of the details about what happened that night were revealed as the callers took center stage one by one. The Thomas family, two of the mothers of "RaRa's" children that were in the SUV that night, as well as community leaders and the citizens of the Ft. Worth community all called into the show in outrage. Take a listen to this must hear podcast, then you decide!

www.blogtalkradio.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join