It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now it appears nuclear war is the only thing that can save us from global warming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
These folks have definetly lost their minds. Spraying chemtrails all over full of crap to reflect sunlight back, depopulate the world, live in mud huts, drive electric cars that go 40 miles now hell just blow it all up. I'm more worried about these loons destroying the planet long before any global warming even effects anything.

The global cooling caused by these high carbon clouds wouldn't be as catastrophic as a superpower-versus-superpower nuclear winter, but "the effects would still be regarded as leading to unprecedented climate change," research physical scientist Luke Oman said during a press briefing Friday at a meeting of the American Association for the Advancement of Science in Washington, D.C.

Earth is currently in a long-term warming trend. After a regional nuclear war, though, average global temperatures would drop by 2.25 degrees F (1.25 degrees C) for two to three years afterward, the models suggest. At the extreme, the tropics, Europe, Asia, and Alaska would cool by 5.4 to 7.2 degrees F (3 to 4 degrees C), according to the models. Parts of the Arctic and Antarctic would actually warm a bit, due to shifted wind and ocean-circulation patterns, the researchers said.

After ten years, average global temperatures would still be 0.9 degree F (0.5 degree C) lower than before the nuclear war, the models predict.

Link to Lunacy

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
got it covered here too

www.abovetopsecret.com...

along with 4 other horrible ideas to combat "global warming"

A big volcanic blast will do the same thing as a nuclear war in this situation

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

Oops. Mod's please delete this post thanks.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
No doubt nuking the Earth is a great idea! (Don't worry, I'm kidding)
But if that isn't enough to worry about go here:
bestmetalresearch.com...

and if that doesn't worry enough, go here:
bestmetalresearch.com... tizens.aspx

Could the two be tied together? Is it just a coincidence? (There ain't no such thing as coincidence)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
The insane dickheads that are running this planet, will not be satisfied, until they have blown us of the face of the map.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
The Global Warming phenomenom will go down in history as the greatest mass hysteria ever.

It hit those who were lacking spiritually and seeking a Mission in life. They don't deal with science, but rather with hyped up emotions and will use any form of propoganda for you to agree with their dire outlook.
Very sad.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by HoldTheBeans

don't delete this thread, it's off a different article!!! just saying. no worries! it's good for people to know the crazy snip our gub ment thinks up!

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
This is like the fourth thread on the exact same national geographic article, I would know I posted in the other two, I'm not going to bother reiterating the details of how moronic global warming theories are, and the fact that nuclear war would not cause this effect.
edit on 2-3-2011 by Tephra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I wonder if Mr. Oman took under consideration the 2053 Nuclear Detonations we have ALREADY blown up all over the World from 1945-1998 www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveTheTrees

That's what i was thinking, there have already been thousands of nuclear explosions...Im guessing when it comes to this tactic they would have to be detonated at specific places and altitudes ?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
All we need to do is arrange and maintain a law that allows every woman to have 2 children max. I've been saying this for a long time. With the US-Iraq war costs we could've bought condoms for a decade to everywhere.

top topics

join