It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My own personal Survival Guide for the Zombieapokalypse

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mindfreak21

Are you seriously saying that a 2.2 air rifle pellet would penetrate a skull?
Here in Blighty we aren't allowed grown up weapons as we would almost certainly shoot our corrupt politicians!

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by CholmondleyWarner

Most likely he is refering to a 22 rifel bullet not an air pellet. The rifel round would penetrate the skull, but I am unsure if the pellet would do the same, mabey.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by JDBlack
reply to post by locololo

Avoid the cities, the shere number of people in them means that there will be massive hoards of zombies running around. Also cities also have more restrictive gun laws, and you will have to fight witht the other people who don't want to leave. Also there is limited space in a city for growing food after easy access to canned food ends.

there is that, but cities also make it good for fleeing, most people if they are smart will flee to the countryside, i on the other hand go to the place evactuated, I will also have plenty of ammo and weapons there, incase I need to protect myself.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Because I live in the Uk where we are not considered adult enough to own guns I have my plan all worked out...
I will be standing at the top of my stairs with a rolled up newspaper shouting, "Shoo, go away, leave me alone...!"

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Most places where evacuated for a reason, which in a zombie apocalypse will probably include the large number of zombies in said city, after all a small percentage of every city will deside not to leave, and as a result will probably end up as zombies, or be competing with you, and in a city of over 250k (let alone over a milliion) a very small percentage is still a lot of people. The other problem with cities is that there probably wouldn't be much food.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
at that point i would use my jeet kune do and a couple shanks until i could get my hands on a shotgun.
i'd accept i'm already dead and have some fun. barricade a nice apartment complex near a supermarket/hospital.

don't forget your car is a handy weapon for zombies too!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Build a moat with maggots in it. Maggots eat dead flesh. Win.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Perfectenemy

Just thought. A few people mentioned defence, and while leather seems rather old time. It is ofcourse good for mobility. I was just thinking if it was the type that only tranfered the disease via saliva. You know they bite you, saliva shares with your blood. Why not a wet suit?, I mean isn't a wet suit meant to keep water out. And despite getting bit would hurt the flesh would it no sustain at least a few bites from human teeth.Water proof is saliva prrof. hmm Just a thought and as far as Z attacks. Noise draws them according to popular thought. Perhaps silent weapon even if it is bat or sword. Of course distance is your friend. Try to keep away from them even the strongest person will get tired after seven or eight good swings..Don't let ego fight the good fight.And despite being good at Fallout 3 I don't think it would be fun.
Another thought is easy why try to bust a skull? Wouldn't severing spine make the zombie unable to move.I understand they seem nearly invinsible however skeltal structure stays the same. Without kneecaps it can't walk. So with its vertabrae destroyed it could not move save to bite at ankles. Just wondering
Therian
edit on 9-3-2011 by Therian because: Melee thoughts

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Sorry just one last thing A moat might be cool. Even with maggots. However If maggot would do the work for you fast enough the coffin dead would not even rise. plus I think the first 30min to 3 hrs. If you survived that time frame you might have the chance to dig a moat. Last i checked no one builds maggot field or even empty NMoat until after the event.Peg down barb wire instead Catched flesh and slows them down. get uphill.Fire not so smart unless you want to cook yourself Rotting corpses tend to be wet with gore.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

How would the zombie sex look like you know, it could be pain full or a limb or two might come off.

Pick up a copy of "Zombie Strippers" with Jenna Jameson, and you'll see.... Personally, I'll pass on the zombie sex..thanks.

Hey, I collect zombie flicks, and believe it or not, this is almost on every top zombie movie list, though after seeing it, not sure why. I never thought I'd say it, but there's WAY too much stripping in this movie, and too little zombie action....

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by JDBlack

Most places where evacuated for a reason, which in a zombie apocalypse will probably include the large number of zombies in said city, after all a small percentage of every city will deside not to leave, and as a result will probably end up as zombies, or be competing with you, and in a city of over 250k (let alone over a milliion) a very small percentage is still a lot of people. The other problem with cities is that there probably wouldn't be much food.

good point, personally then i hope that these zombies either die out, or other people fight them and die themselves, save me the problems later if i do go there, if not ill just go to some away place that i can watch for them.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Therian

I thought wet suits allowed water in (thus the word "wet" in the name). As I understand it they just don't let water out again. However a dry suit (which is what you are talking about unless I'm mistaken) is designed to keep water out. But this does not include a resistance to teeth, and anything that can survive road rash would hold up for longer against teeth than a wet suit. After all it does no good to keep saliva out if teeth can punch right through it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join