It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fallen American Hero, God Bless, No Media Coverage?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Star and flag for bringing this to people's attention. A true hero and wonderful man. This made me cry as well. There are so many of our men who never get the chance to come back home again.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
RIP Captain Freeman, you're one heck of a badass in my books....Legendary!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
S&F
I loved that you presented this as a story.

Its a sad world we live in, when we pay more respect, admiration and money to those who act out great deeds rather then to the ones who actually do them.
I imagine that if they made a movie out of his story most people would remember the "great movie", as opposed to the "great man".

It is devastating that we care more for the people who entertain us, then the people who save us.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Yep. I never heard of it. I hate the media.

I love stories like this. I'm always attracted to stories of soldiers because they exhibit such selflessness that just cannot be denied. I used to be afraid of death, but recently accepted it after a relatively false alarm with my heart.

As a Christian theologian once said recently on the radio, "When a man is right with God and his fellow man, there is no reason to fear death."

Having a dad who isn't really afraid of death helps. This story and others like it of people accepting their mortality as 'natural' also helps.

Cheers.

edit on 5-3-2011 by NinjaSwill because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-3-2011 by NinjaSwill because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
CPT Freeman and his CO, MAJ Bruce Crandell were both awarded the MOH for their heroic efforts in the Battle of Ia Drang Valley. It was chronicled in the movie "We Were Soldiers", one of my favorite movies ever. Three MOH's were awarded for that battle.

R.I.P. CPT Freeman.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mileslong54

mileslong54

Fantastic what the average person can do.... what a hero and what a story..........

I share your disgust in the media 'pathetic' pursuit of non stories and non people (celebrity culture et al)

My best wishes go to him and all those who do amazing things for us which are never really recognised for their importance !!

Regards

PDUK

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Thanks for posting. Some really do love their neighbors as they love themselves. Thank you Capt. Ed, wherever you are, Sir!!

Excellently written set-up, too, OP.

edit on 18-5-2011 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by mileslong54

very brave.

and i don't mean to take anything away from him but i could not help wondering what the hell the enemy were firing at, either they were a terrible shot or there was some luck involved here.

regardless very brave and very lucky.
edit on 18-5-2011 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
HOOAH and a beer to a REAL American Hero

top topics

<< 1   >>

join