It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jessie Ventura

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Just wondered what you guys thought of Conspiracy Theorie with Jessie Ventura, I just watched the Pentagon episode and I think he is right on what he came up with in that episode. So I was just wondering what every one else thought?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Swanseadog

I think since they will never air the Fema camp episode again, hes right on point. I dont believe him to be acting either. Thats his real personality. Dissension is the highest form of patriotism. The man fought for the country, he doesn't want it overrun by people who do not have its best interest.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by iversusvsversusi

I agree, I do not think it is sensationalism, thank god I saved the Fema camp episode. But I also think he will be discredited at some point, once more people start listening to him.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I saw one of his videos recently about 911. Part of it was about the hole in the "C" ring of the pentagon being caused by a missle. Funny that, because the proejct Camelot webiste has or had an interview about a bloke who was a Russian arms dealer who was lured to Bankcock Thiland and arrested by the FBI

According to the interview the whole purpose of the Arms Dealer thing was to cver up the fact that he supplied the Irian made missle that was fired at the Pentagon. According to the interview, the missile as a thermonecular tipped missle that failed to explode.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by bussoboy

That is the episode I just watched,even with all that was said about the "Terrorist" flying the plane, I thought it was thin seeing as he had only trained in Cessna type craft, taking controll of a jumbo is a different ball game all together. Like the guy said psysics will not allow it.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I think something important to keep in mind is that the guy was a governor. I believe that means he must have seen something; heard something; interacted with people which caused him to believe in Conspiracy Theories.

I don't think he's quite clever enough to try and make Conspiracy Theories mainstream to profit from it. While he has money, I don't think he's rich enough to throw it all away by doing this show and destroying what little credibility he has.

But come on...the guy was in PREDATOR! With Ah-nold!!! I think the real conspiracy is how that movie spawned so many public figures.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Cataka

It has nothing to do with who is fronting it, he is just the front man probably chosen because of his image and who he is, it's about what he is talking about, putting it out there in the public forum, instead of on websites like this, most of what he is talking about has been talked about on here at one time or another.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I like him and the show. Even though I think he has a "too big for my britches" attitude at times, I admire what he is doing. I also think that is probably the perfect attitude needed to do what he is doing.

He has done enough and seen enough that he likely does not need to sell out. His high profile will also help keep him safer longer, as I imagine he has made a few enemies thus far.

I really enjoyed the wallstreet/bailout (can't remember the exact name) episode. Sadly I missed the FEMA episode. I hope he keeps it up.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by iversusvsversusi

I think since they will never air the Fema camp episode again, hes right on point. I dont believe him to be acting either. Thats his real personality. Dissension is the highest form of patriotism. The man fought for the country, he doesn't want it overrun by people who do not have its best interest.

to be fair to those who did, ventura never fought for his country, he has never seen combat. unless you count the world wrestling federation

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Gixxer

Sorry to be contradictory, but he did....

Jesse Ventura’s stellar career began with service to his country, as a member of the US Navy, where Ventura was awarded the National Defense Service Medal.

Ventura joined the Navy after high school and was on active duty during the Vietnam era. He served in the US military for a total of six years - four on active duty (1969-1973), and two in the Reserves (1973-1975) with the Navy UDT - Underwater Demolition Team 12. In the Naval Reserves, Ventura was assigned to SEAL Team One. He would later describe SEAL training as the toughest experience of his life. Ventura is still entitled to use the title of Navy "SEAL,” for his service in the UDT and SEAL teams, and his successful graduation from UDT.

Sourced from Military Hub Website - Sourced Article

Criteria for National Defense Service Medal

Now in regards to the OP... I agree with you in that I think he did/does an awesome job with his show. I kind of 'used' it, if you will, as a way to ease some folks into the ideas that things here in the US are not what they look like on the surface. For some reason he made it easier to swallow than lets say turning them on first to Alex Jones, Steve Quayle, ATS or other sources of information about the goings on behind the scenes. Let's face it, those other 3 sources are a little more hard hitting and for someone just waking up and can be a little overwhelming at first. I know when I started to wake up someone turned me onto Alex Jones and to be honest he was a little over the top for me and it turned me off at first but I kept on going and refused to give up trying to learn more about the world around me.

I hope his show is picked up again but let's be honest I doubt very much it will be TruTV that picks it up again. I applaud them for showing 2 seasons of it to begin with as I am sure that TPTB made it a bit difficult on them. But we will just have to wait and see.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Jesse Ventura is a dolt and a bully.

The guy basically tries to intimidate those who disagree with his incoherent, illogical ramblings through his brawn or his "extensive" military and political experience (who's to disagree with a former governor like him)! He loves to remind people every single show how important he is!

If you didn't realize it by now he is using every single one of you who watch this show and believe his bull in the biggest conspiracy of all! He essentially lines his pockets by spouting popular drivel that appeals to mass emotional sentiment and a gap in understanding and education.

Debating conspiracy theories is great! Listening to Mr. Gubner simplify everything to a black-white dichotomy, engage in sly editing and a misuse of information and using his loud voice and presence to threaten people...not so much.

The fact that the show is as popular as it is shows the sad state of the American psyche.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by MyMindIsMyOwn
reply to post by Gixxer

Sorry to be contradictory, but he did....

Jesse Ventura’s stellar career began with service to his country, as a member of the US Navy, where Ventura was awarded the National Defense Service Medal.

Ventura joined the Navy after high school and was on active duty during the Vietnam era. He served in the US military for a total of six years - four on active duty (1969-1973), and two in the Reserves (1973-1975) with the Navy UDT - Underwater Demolition Team 12. In the Naval Reserves, Ventura was assigned to SEAL Team One. He would later describe SEAL training as the toughest experience of his life. Ventura is still entitled to use the title of Navy "SEAL,” for his service in the UDT and SEAL teams, and his successful graduation from UDT.

Sourced from Military Hub Website - Sourced Article

Criteria for National Defense Service Medal

sorry to point this out to you but serving in the military during a war is not the same as seeing combat, He did not receive the Combat Action Ribbon,because he never saw combat.

he also uses his " i was a navy seal" alittle to liberally, while technically he can use the seal name he was not a true navy seal, he was in the Underwater Demolition Teams wich were merged with the navy seals in 1983 some 8 years after ventura left the navy.
edit on 2-3-2011 by Gixxer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Gixxer

Ok, so point taken. I'll give you that. But I don't think that using his "I was a Navy Seal" line is such a bad thing either if it gets people to open their minds to the possibility that these things are happening in todays world. Now, if they ONLY listen to what he has to say, then I have a problem with that in so much as never take anyone's word at face value. If they then use what he has to say as a springboard to do their own research and come to their own conclusions, whether in agreement or not, then his "I was a Navy Seal" line was worth the usage.

BTW: Thank you for the correction...and no that was not sarcastically said.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

I TIVO him, I think he is fantastic! His shows don't really get the opportunity to devote a significant amount of time to investigation. So he airs only the BIG stuff he finds. But his one with the Bilderbergs is worth watching! By the way, I've seen them all. He has one on HAARP also that is pretty good.

www.youtube.com...

Link above - ( of 7)
edit on 2-3-2011 by Angelicdefender2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Evanescence

so you are saying that everything he discusses in his shows is wrong,which if that is the case then all of us on ATS is wrong also.As for being a bully, I have not seen any signs of that in any of the shows.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Angelicdefender2012

I have seen them all so far and hope there is another series, I would like him to check out Camp Hero in Montauk. A lot of power going into that place even though it closed down in the 80's.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I suggest you take Jesse Ventura with a large block of salt, especially when it comes to the episode you mentioned (RE: the Pentagon). I've seen enough from that episode to know it's a load of BS. Just parroting more of the same debunked claims, along with tons of factual errors. Truly, the production values of his TV show are designed to be as low as possible, for maximum profit.

There is a HUGE audience out there for CT (conspiracy theories). Ventura is just cashing in on the gravy train ride, while it lasts.

His over-the-top sensationalism appeals to a certain element of society, though....sadly....

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

One thing I do agree with from the show is it would be impossible for someone trained in the types of planes the terrorist was to controll a jumbo and then crash it into a building like the Pentagon.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Since the majority of the sheeple had no clue about the existance of prison camps, His show was good in that it brought awareness,

Yes hes a differnt kind of guy but hey wouldnt it be boring if eveyone were the same?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Magantice

Yes it would, it is interesting that it was taken off air in the rerun of first series don't you think?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join