It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feb. 28th, STS-133 mission: Several UFOs buzzing astronauts during the spacewalk

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
This is quite an interesting and new video that has been put on youtube, by youtube.com member undercoveralien.

The video seems to show several unidentified objects. They also appear to be moving very fast and some close to the astronauts. It could be space debris, but I can't be certain. Maybe some of you can give a better, opinion.

The following is a description from youtube member undercoveralien:

I was checking out the first E.V.A. of the STS-133 Discovery mission, yesterday, when the astronauts Steve Bowen and Al Drew did perform several tasks outside ISS and while they were fixing the ammonia pump module, lots of UFOs passed near them, leaving Earth towards space. One of the objects passed so close that I had the impression that one of the astronauts got disturbed. Check it out.

Here is the youtube video link and the video below:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

dont buy it sorry

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
hard to call. primitive gut reaction says "space debris".
RIP shuttle missions. interested to see the new model.
Thanks for sharing!

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by darrman

fine with me, I am not trying to sell it. Just sharing it to get other's opinions. I really wish you would share why you don't buy it, instead of a tiny one line blurb saying you don't buy it.

So, what are you saying you don't buy, the speculation the objects could be ufos or that they are space debris. I guess that is the problem with one liners, you can never get much of what the poster is thinking out of them.

Please share why you don't buy it... whatever 'it' is.
edit on 2-3-2011 by esteay812 because: n

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
what i do not get is if these objects are that close and random debri, why do the astronaughts work in this environment? To me that is a workplace safety issue
but I am guessing

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I was looking at it and it seems that in the right hand corner is earth and the majority of the screen is actually the dark side of earth. If that is the case ,it is meteorites heading into the earths atmoshere and is a 2-d illusion that the objects are coming out of the earth. Actually makes for an interesting illusion

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Its interesting that the object affects the astronaut, you can see after it passes by he/she gets disorientated by its? Gravity? Right after it passes you can see the astronaut "twitch" like when you lose your balance, then tumble over.

Go directly to 2:48 to see what im talking about.
edit on 2-3-2011 by litterbaux because: added in the time

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by guessing
what i do not get is if these objects are that close and random debri, why do the astronaughts work in this environment? To me that is a workplace safety issue
but I am guessing

workplace safety issue? they work in space, i can't think of anything more inherently dangerous, not counting the debris.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by shagreen heart

It just seems odd thats all. Agreed it is a dangerous environement, but so is underground mining. The astronaught clearly had a freak with one of the objects being so close. What if an object hit? There must be a protocol for random debris???

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I think NASA knows it is not random debris,otherwise it would be too dangerous to be there.Like fish don't bang into you under water,the same happens in space with whatever life form is out there.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by litterbaux
Its interesting that the object affects the astronaut, you can see after it passes by he/she gets disorientated by its? Gravity? Right after it passes you can see the astronaut "twitch" like when you lose your balance, then tumble over.

Go directly to 2:48 to see what im talking about.
edit on 2-3-2011 by litterbaux because: added in the time

I see his left hand hitting whatever he is working on. Watch his hand movements. I do not know where you got the disoriented thing from? He is perfoming a tough task freefloating in space.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
First of all, I know nothing about space stations and all that stuff.
As I watched the video I noticed that this ufo at 1:28 comes out between the camera and the space station thing.
I don't know how far away that part of the station is but I do think it's fairly close.
Seeing that the object is close it has to be rather small, like the size of a small rock.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7ce3190ec618.png[/atsimg]
No idea what they are but it makes me think they are really small... Too small to be alien for example.
I could very much be wrong, so please correct me if I am.

Something I do wonder about is the long thing see in the top left fading in at 2:49 and staying there.
I've seen other videos of something with that shape fading in and back out near a space station.
edit on 2/3/11 by LanceDH because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

its like the astronaut experienced some kind of wake, like a wash from a boat or slipstream event. it is pretty clear there is a cause and effect going on.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

its like the astronaut experienced some kind of wake, like a wash from a boat or slipstream event. it is pretty clear there is a cause and effect going on.

Not in space, there is no medium to cause such a "wake."

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
As far the guy seeing the thing and reacting, I doubt that. The limited view they have in those helmets and the intensity with which they have to use on the job probably kept him from seeing anything. Being that close to those large structures would also be a deterrent.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I am sorry but I think that you need to study up on zero G causes and effects. Research how hard it is to work in a zero g environment. The astronaut is working on something. Look at what he is doing, not the "whatever" it is coming in view of the camera.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
space debris, for the part that is slowed down and zoomed in anyway, if u go to 3:09 and pay attention you can see if pass infront of the astronaught over his backpack

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

There is a medium in space that could cause such a "wake" its called gravity. The astronauts legs end up pointing in the same direction that the "unidentified object" went. Could be purely coincedence, who knows, its odd tho.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

There is a medium in space that could cause such a "wake" its called gravity. The astronauts legs end up pointing in the same direction that the "unidentified object" went. Could be purely coincedence, who knows, its odd tho.

That is outrageous.

(second line)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Here we go beating the dead horse again. You did not even acknowledge the fact that he is working on something. How is this a coincidence? Can you explain your gravity wake, and how it could be caused by such a small object?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join