It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well, I Guess This How The End Begins

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
You state that "no other time is as fitting as now" for the end times to occur. (I'm sorry if this is not exact, but I believe this was your opinion).

Wouldn't, right before the start of WWII, been as fitting? The Depression hit, people were starving, bread lines were blocks long, and people wondered if relief would ever come.

The world was already falling apart before our envolvement in WWII....couldn't that same chaotic period have been thought to be the end times as well?

I guess I am wondering what you feel is the silver bullet that makes the timing right now? (Other than the fact that it hasn't happened before of course. ha ha...)

I'm assuming by "our envolvement" you might be American? Unless you meant "before WWII started and all nations went to war within that time period".

Anyway, sure those things happened then but haven't they been happening now too? Major financial crisis, businesses closing, people losing money, starving, desperate? Chaos in countries thought of as normally "stable"?

I'm not saying the end is beginning but it seems mighty suspicious that history is repeating itself and the stuff I was taught from history books as a teen in the 90s when I was young, carefree and adequately sound financially (at least compared to other kids with a little more money) and now suddenly I'm watching countries becoming destabilised on tv....I'm watching the worst financial crisis of the modern age unfold and still keep us worse off than before even now......I'm struggling to feed myself, there's no work for anybody no matter how hard they try, life is tough with hardly any change to scrape together to hop onto a bus for a short journey to the shops.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Techyo

Originally posted by UnBreakable
reply to post by MoreFunky85

People have been predicting the end of the world at least once a month regularly since 1999, and countless times in previous years. It's like the boy who cried wolf. This all stems from the human condition where people don't want to die by themselves, but want the whole world to die with them. People can't stand the fact life will go on without them. The earth will be around for another 1.5 billion years, then the sun will burn this rock up.

..and you can't stand the fact that there is a living God, Jesus did come in the flesh, and all things foretold in the Bible have happened, are happening, and will continue to happen.

"This all stems from the human condition where people don't want to die by themselves, but want the whole world to die with them."

There goes you ego..."this ALL stems". This isn't true. Read my thread in the prophecies/predictions forum of the connections to the end times that I've made, not through my own interpretations.

Is your mind really that closed? Couldn't you think people made these predictions to get attention? To sell books about it? To get a following?

All these connections I made did not stem from me not wanting to die by myself or anything else I listed as other causes to false predictions!

Get off your high-horse...
edit on 2-3-2011 by Techyo because: (no reason given)

I don't want to get into an off-topic debate here about the existence of God. But you're the one who should get off their high horse. Just as you're sure about the existence of God, I am not so sure either way. So don't preach to me. The only proof of "Jesus in the flesh" are from writings made decades after his death. Please. I'm sure you know what happens after you die too, that you will be with Christ, as all you Bible-thumpers proclaim. Out of the 100+ billion people who've past in the earth's existence, nobody has come back to explain what really happens. We might just be worm-meat. So to reiterate, get off your high horse.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by pintobean
I am a Bible thumper, this is the end times. It's not a time of fear as long as you have faith in God's perfect plan. Im ready to go. Do you have Jesus in your heart? Ask Him to come into yours so you'll be ready too.

can you provide solid proof of that? solid indisputable proof? not bible scripture, not the assumption that there is a "GOD" which in my opinion is ridiculous by the way.

This is in no manner the end times. just like 2012 is not going to be the end of the world. you people are all so eager to "go home" its incredible. I don't subscribe to a religion that only allows "believers" to be "saved" it's ridiculous

<< 1   >>

join