It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am long time lurker now ex-conspiracy theorist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I might as well say this here rather than rack up posts just to do it in another forum.

For a while when my life was at it's lowest point I found out about the Illuminati, NWO, etc... etc... I started reading obsessively about freemasonry, secret societies, the rothschild family, and all that stuff. What I've now realized after actually getting my real life back together is that conspiracy theories are nonsense.

The more material I read about Conspiracy Theories the more I started to realize that people who develop an interest in this become extremely paranoid and weird. Some CTers can find conspiracies in EVERYTHING and sound like more like schizophrenics than coherent thinkers. The problem for these people is that they bend the entire world to fit into that paradigm and will believe any stupid thing they hear on the internet with no evidence. Adopting such a world view allows one to believe in all sorts of absurd things. It's all wild speculation, delusion, and imagination.

I'm also fed up with how angry and paranoid believing in conspiracy theories made me. I don't agree with everything the government does but the United States is not some pure evil entity. We sometimes forget the opportunities we have here and lose appreciation for what we got. When I was a CTer I was always looking at the negative, never the positive. You have more control over your life than you give yourself credit for. There is no all powerful Illuminati pulling strings from the shadows.

If the NWO is actually real maybe it's just the way of the future. The world has always been evolving and maybe that's just the natural evolution. Rather than sit there and cry about it I would rather try to become wealthy and successful to find a place among the elite. If you can't beat them join them. I doubt it's real anyway.

Another thing I wanted to get off my chest since a lot of idiot fundamentalist Christians are attracted to CT's.

There is no #ing anti-christ, mark of the beast (even if there is a microchip), satan, and the whole book of revelation was probably written by someone who was hallucinating due to seizures. Revelation is mindless vague drivel that can be interpreted to fit any set of world events since it is so vague. There has always been unrest and disaster in the world, these are not "signs of the end times." The world will end when our galaxy collides with Andromeda or the sun becomes a black hole.
edit on 1-3-2011 by billy1000000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Really? It's people like you that give the word conspiracy a bad name.

I personally don't like the word conspiracy.
It demeans questioning any "official" version of an explanation regardless of the source .
If you don't like the official explanation? "Conspiracy"
ATS people are more rational then that. We/THEY break it down to a more concise evaluation,or try to.
Don't shoot down other idea's.
We/THEY don't here..
Always open to a new idea or concept.
Then they'll bag on ya...

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by billy1000000

I think you've been the one who accepted everything they hear...true "conspiracy theorists" require evidence, logic, and knowledge about said subject.

Besides, many "conspiracy" theories have come true, I believe there is a thread on it around ATS somewhere.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Well, conspiracies aren't for everyone. Some can handle the intensity, some can't, many don't even bother stepping away from their deteriorating daily routines.
Sometimes people find that they've been extremely lied to and do see conspiracies in everything, and are over paranoid, but I think that's because it's pretty traumatic to break through many "old" corporate propaganda paradigms.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I get where you are going with this and I understand, but now you are supporting ignorance. I would say you have it HALF right. There is an elite "party" and they doubtfully call them selves illuminati. So you can believe it or not, but why make an account and 20 posts just to rant&rave? It seems you still have a problem with CT and the grim reality of things.

It goes both ways, at one point you have nothing to look forward to and pick up reading depressing information on the internet to cope with your crappy life and make excuses for it being that way. On the other hand now you have picked up this new positive perspective (new girlfriend, job, moved, etc.) on life and everything is looking up, now you can simply dismiss everything you ever read, BS or not, and just blissfully live life. While that may not be the worst choice, I have better ways of dealing with them and that's face to face. Learn who you are and what you stand for and then and only then will you have a true awaking.

You really need to have a nice meditation and look deep inside yourself... Make positive choices and think about others, because your actions effect everybody.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
This seems like a classic Government Shill post, doesn't it?

Ah well, perhaps I'm just proving your point...

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
It that not also calling the kettle black unless if your getting paid for it?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

It's nice that one can investigate and experience the world of conspiracy and then just forget it all. President Kennedy started it for me. I know something was not right with that, and even today I still think that. Even after reading about the Gambians, and how they were in with the Kennedy boys and Marylin Monroe.

Then I had some friends who were into the secret world, and they really got me into the conspiracy world. Jim Marrs said it best, if it is not God, then it is a conspiracy.

By the way, I do agree with what you said about the religious people in here, how they believe in this and that, all because someone told them, and they never researched it all all? One told me it was wrong to question the Bible or God. Not for me, I did it, and now I try to educate them, but it's a hard row to hoe.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
This seems like a classic Government Shill post, doesn't it?

Ah well, perhaps I'm just proving your point...

I think you're right. This person only joined today so they can't be THAT serious about conspiracies.

Disinfo troll.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Now that you're an ex-conspiracy theorist, have you ever considered joining the ranks of truth seekers?

new topics

top topics

join