It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The yin and yang of the ocean, we bet you've never seen this before!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I have yet to see what it look's like when the fresh water from the North travels down the Mississippi River to the Gulf. That would be a good picture of the convergence fresh and salt water produce.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I'm a avid Fisherman. It's no secret that more fish are at the end's of a brackish water line [where fresh water meets salt water.] Here is a picture of what I would call the glory hole for fishing. Take note of the foam, this foam is produced when the minerals from the freshwater meet the salt water.

[img.][/img.] Don't appear to work on these forums... Sorry!
edit on 2-3-2011 by ResearchMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
These images are really beautiful. Nature does seem to have a love of balance and the many varied ways it shows us this, can touch one's soul.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Can't believe I haven't seen something like this before, simply beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by WinnieDaWho

Originally posted by zooplancton
after sailing constantly for 3 years, I was never afforded such a cool phenomenon.
I did get to. witness "glass" conditions in the Indian ocean once.
thanks for sharing!

what glass?

"glass" is a term to describe waveless water surface. it's perfectly reflective and smooth. great for doing high speed runs. it's basically calm water, but for many miles.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Thank you, That pic makes a lovely background.
Sometimes it seems a little to ordered to be totally chaotic.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

I don't know how you do it Ugie but you have truly brought great honor to this thread. Who knows what other events will happen that can lead the ocean to this state. Eye candy at its best! $&F

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   

He has set free the two seas meeting together. There is a barrier between them. They do not transgress. (Quran, 55:19-20)
He is the one who has set free the two kinds of water, one sweet and palatable, and the other salty and bitter. And He has made between them a barrier and a forbidding partition. (Quran, 25:53)

In oceanography, a halocline is cline caused by a strong, vertical salinity gradient within a body of water. Because salinity (in concert with temperature) affects the density of seawater, it can play a role in its vertical stratification. Increasing salinity by one kg/m3 results in an increase of seawater density of around 0.7 kg/m3.

In hydrology and related sciences and technologies, a cline is a comparatively thin, typically horizontal layer within a fluid, in which a property of the fluid varies greatly over a relatively short vertical distance.

The Koran proving it once again,and basic physics verifies this natural phenomena.
edit on 3-3-2011 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by soaringhawk
This has nothing to do with the real meaning of yin and yang. Don't misuse words.

Yin and Yang is used to describe how polar or seemingly contrary forces are interconnected and interdependent in the natural world, and how they give rise to each other in turn. They are opposites thus they only exist in relation to each other. The concept lies at the origins of many branches of classical Chinese science and philosophy, as well as being a primary guideline of traditional Chinese medicine,[1] and a central principle of different forms of Chinese martial arts and exercise, such as baguazhang, taijiquan (tai chi), and qigong (Chi Kung) and of I Ching divination. Many natural dualities—e.g. dark and light, female and male, low and high, cold and hot— are thought of as manifestations of yin and yang (respectively).
Yin yang are complementary opposites that interact within a greater whole, as part of a dynamic system. Everything has both yin and yang aspects, but either of these aspects may manifest more strongly in particular objects, and may ebb or flow over time. The concept of yin and yang is often symbolized by various forms of the Taijitu symbol, for which it is probably best known in western cultures.

That is what yin and yang means
true balance, one cannot be without the other
sorry to rain on your parade as you tried on ours
RAWR

edit on 3-3-2011 by Voyce because: Left out a few words

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Nature is beautiful.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Just incredible.
Once I saw the sky look like that when two separate storm fronts met. I know this is different but it looks similar - appearing to carve the sky in half.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join