It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pathocracy: Tyranny at the Hand of Psychopaths

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Greetings all,

My apologies in advance if someone has already posted this. I searched but didn't find it, so here goes.

This is an excellent article describing our more and more obvious pathocracy, and how to fight it.

Excerpt:
"I submit that the United States government is under the control of psychopaths, and the infestation is nearing completion; the point at which nothing can stop the oncoming violence. But that's not all, because above the federal government is a ruling cartel of off-shore psychopaths that have secretly been planning a one-world tyranny for more than 100 years. This is not a rant; it is a plea: take time to read the material. 

According to Lobaczewski:

In a pathocracy, all leadership positions, (down to village headman and community cooperative managers, not to mention the directors of police units, and special services police personnel, and activists in the pathocratic party) must be filled by individuals with corresponding psychological deviations, which are inherited as a rule. However, such people constitute a very small percentage of the population and this makes them more valuable to the pathocrats. Their intellectual level or professional skills cannot be taken into account, since people representing superior abilities (who are also psychopaths) are even harder to find. After such a system has lasted several years, one hundred percent of all the cases of essential psychopathy are involved in pathocratic activity; they are considered the most loyal, even though some of them were formerly involved on the other side in some way."

www.activistpost.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Yankee451

It shows the hiring process involved to the policies they want people to adhear too, all information is realative to the bigger picture")

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

This is such a great topic for a thread. Thank you. I really do not know what to add but a star and a flag and a link. The subject matter you are bringing up is endlessly fascinating to me. I am currently very interested in Pierre Bourdieu's theories about Social Reproduction and Allan Schore's research around Affective Neurobiology. Study of both of these folks work helps to further elucidate ideas presented here on your thread.
Here is a link to Andrew M. Lobaczewski's website and book. The book is called: Political Ponerology: The Genesis of Evil He is into the same stuff. Thanks again I look forward to reading the posts here.
www.ponerology.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

I'm already on board with the concept that civilization as we know it is the product of sociopaths, psychopaths and generally nasty people. Our little slice of life in the 20th and 21st centuries should be enough to remove any doubts that folks like Hitler, Mao, Stalin, Bush, Obama, etc., always seem to rise to the top. Marching through history we see that this is the rule, not the exception.

In my 50 years of recent history, when I look back at the body counts from Vietnam, all the way to Powell's bald-faced lies that led us into our most recent full-scale bloodbath, I see heartless monsters devoid of all emotion. Who but a psychopath would describe someone's mother or baby as "collateral damage", or tell a blatant lie for an excuse to start a war?

If all of history is recorded by the various psychopaths who have led every society since the dawn of civilization, isn't it time we stopped believing their versions of things? History is recorded by the victors; but how many of those victors weren't psychotic murderers?

Is history as we know it just a string of self-serving lies by the surviving psychopaths; aka the victors?

edit on 1-3-2011 by Yankee451 because: changed cold to bald

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

I think it's the most important conspiracy out there...the conspiracy of the psychopaths against the sane folks. another great article along these lines.

Twilight of the Psychopaths

By Dr. Kevin Barrett

When Gandhi was asked his opinion of Western civilization he said it would be a good idea. But that oft-cited quote, is misleading, assuming as it does that civilization is an unmitigated blessing.

Civilized people, we are told, live peacefully and cooperatively with their fellows, sharing the necessary labour in order to obtain the leisure to develop arts and sciences. And while that would be a good idea, it is not a good description of what has been going on in the so-called advanced cultures during the past 8,000 years.

Civilization, as we know it, is largely the creation of psychopaths. All civilizations, our own included, have been based on slavery and "warfare." Incidentally, the latter term is a euphemism for mass murder.

The prevailing recipe for civilization is simple:

1) Use lies and brainwashing to create an army of controlled, systematic mass murderers;

2) Use that army to enslave large numbers of people (i.e. seize control of their labour power and its fruits);

3) Use that slave labour power to improve the brainwashing process (by using the economic surplus to employ scribes, priests, and PR men). Then go back to step one and repeat the process.

Psychopaths have played a disproportionate role in the development of civilization, because they are hard-wired to lie, kill, injure, and generally inflict great suffering on other humans without feeling any remorse. The inventor of civilization—the first tribal chieftain who successfully brainwashed an army of controlled mass murderers—was almost certainly a genetic psychopath. Since that momentous discovery, psychopaths have enjoyed a significant advantage over non-psychopaths in the struggle for power in civilizational hierarchies—especially military hierarchies.

proliberty.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
One of the reasons I switched from business to philosophy is a book called, "Anatomy of a great Executive."

www.amazon.com...

It made me understand that I needed to change majors. I might be at the top of my class grades wise, but I was never going to dominate in business.

The book describes how drug addicts, sex addicts, gamblers, and other types of people you might think would be less desirable make wonderful executives. Because their addiction makes them care less about people and willing to do anything to satisfy their craving.

It was enlightening.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

People that gamble and sex addicts have an advantage in business? wow. learn something everyday.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

It was pretty disenheartening. But in keeping with the spirit of the thread, there really is a reason we end up with sociopaths or psychopaths as leaders. They are deliberately chosen over the more psychologically healthy human for the "edge" someone utterly ruthless and amoral provides.

I would say as a society, however, we need to really question how much longer we can afford to put short term gain ahead of long term sustainability. Sure, these sociopaths get us ahead in the short run, but it should be clear by now, to all but the least mentally capable, that there is a problem with the fundamental assumptions our economy is based upon. What we are doing is not sustainable, hell, it isnt even logical.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I believe this is very much the case but what is ther to be done about it.

you can't tell a psychopath by appearance or scan every politicians brain.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

. They are deliberately chosen over the more psychologically healthy human for the "edge" someone utterly ruthless and amoral provides.

This subject is extremely important. It is at the very heart of all human misery/suffering, and --also-- why we seem to run in place and never advance. 2011 and there is still "radio" and wooden poles outside for Thomas Edison's electricity, and automobiles running on stinky polluting oil.
Well, yes these psychopaths are "deliberately chosen over" and over and over again. They are very much people persons. I myself am very much NOT a people person in an -avoidant- way within my hermit life. Am accutely sensory sensitive and empathic to a fault. I will therefore never be a successfull climber, socially and occupationally. A few recent years back, I interracted with a high profile, nearly worshipped, even,what I deem at least, sociopath and narcissist. This guy was VOID of empathy. NUL AND VOID. Me me me me and TANTRUM if its not me me me. But he is charming, articulate, ambitious, high energy level, agenda driven. He is --tall-- --caucasion-- sexually --attractive--- and dominant, assertive, aggressive, and RIGHT all the time.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by monkofmimir

Well, one of the first things we need to do about it is to stop being willing, as individuals, to allow sociopaths to do the dirty immoral stuff that benefits us in the short run.

Not saying you personally do, but an unfortunate truth is that a majority of people dont mind having a sociopathic leader as long as they are benefiting from it. We dont mind when our sociopaths are killing people in other countries and taking their stuff, as long as we get a cut of it. We only care about the fact that they are sociopaths when they turn on us, too.

We need to clean up our act, and stop being hypocrites if we want to get sociopaths out of power.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

You are totally correct there. That is IMPORTANT for people to think about.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I would stand up quite happily to these people if I thought enough others would stand up with me to make a diffrence. Unfortunatly they won't, they can't see beyond the end of their nose.

Maybe this makes me a hypocrite, maybe this makes me a coward, maybe that makes me a realist. I'm not sure but this is somthing I constantly think about, what I should do or not do.

If I had the power to make people see the truth around them I would in a heart beat but as long as people are as they are today nothing will ever change, my action or inaction makes little diffrence.

I am a small person in the grand scheme of things, if I was to disappear tomorrow nothing would change for the world. Few would remember me and fewer still would morn my passing.

At the right moment though small people like me change the world, change history. I will watch for my chance to change the world for the better and I would act apon it in a heart beat.

for now though I watch, wait and do nothing as psychopaths rape this planet and its people. There is nothing I can do.

But give me an imovable point and a lever of infinate length and I promise you I will move the world.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Anyone who's worked for a large corporation should be able to see the signs. Every good corporate leader I've met was devoid of light in their eyes.

Just look at the actions of large corporations (I work for one)...they are blood-suckers. No wonder we're considered the "great satan" by one third of the planet. We've lost our souls.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

You dont have to move the world, and you dont have to wait unitl you are sure other people will act.

You just need to lead a principled life. Dont work for companies that do evil. Dont buy from companies that do evil. In all actions and choices, choose less evil.

(And I use evil loosely, I dont think there is objective evil in the highest sense, but what YOU feel is evil.)

Change happens most often because individual people change. Not because huge masses of people change all at once. Change spreads out, and infects a society, it isnt something that happens in an instant.

Be what you want to see in the world.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

Well, one of the first things we need to do about it is to stop being willing, as individuals, to allow sociopaths to do the dirty immoral stuff that benefits us in the short run.

Not saying you personally do, but an unfortunate truth is that a majority of people dont mind having a sociopathic leader as long as they are benefiting from it. We dont mind when our sociopaths are killing people in other countries and taking their stuff, as long as we get a cut of it. We only care about the fact that they are sociopaths when they turn on us, too.

We need to clean up our act, and stop being hypocrites if we want to get sociopaths out of power.

Hear, hear...

It's become my mantra to tell as many of my peers as possible to stop giving these bastards our blessings. It's a tough road to travel, seeing as how its lined with endless propaganda, but non-violent non-compliance is about our only way to rebel. Crazy people are running the show, and always have been. Sane people need to step up and point this out to their friends, family and neighbors. Its ironic that when you do so, you'll be considered crazy, but so be it. There is no other way that I can see...we need to keep talking about it.

"Consent of the Governed" stops here.

I don't want to pay taxes to support a system of violence. It is important to illustrate to people that it is a violent system we live in...if I refuse to pay taxes, I'll be arrested. If I resist arrest, I will be killed. THAT is a violent system set up by psychopaths.

We can't resist violence with violence...so what are we going to do? Stop participating!

Turn off the TV is the easiest way to start.

Stop voting for crissakes.

Make as little taxable income as possible.

Barter whenever possible.

Fix your broken stuff.

Buy used stuff.

Build your home with the help of your neighbors and your own two hands if you can.

This is a revolution of awareness...folks are learning what's really important in life. Hint: it ain't the latest iPod.

edit on 2-3-2011 by Yankee451 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I am working for the enemy...unfortunately I couldn't just turn off the switch at the same time I woke up.

Change takes time and this change must come from within.

My baby steps began 10 years ago with a messy divorce and subsequent bankruptcy which I called "the fire". I lost everything in the fire, and at the time I thought my world was ending. But now I see I was being released from false goals...

I hope to purchase about 5 acres with cash, and live in a Yurt while building our house (I've remarried), hopefully using the materials available on the land, and mostly using our own brawn. We're in our 50's now, so that brawn is just a shadow of its former self, so the house will be modest. We're looking for community; we're not lone rangers. We hope to grow 40% of our own food and have the house built within 3-5 years when I will extricate myself from my corporate gig. That's the plan anyway.

Imagine how free we would feel if we all had a paid-for roof over our heads, fresh water and plenty of food?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by monkofmimir

I would stand up quite happily to these people if I thought enough others would stand up with me to make a diffrence. Unfortunatly they won't, they can't see beyond the end of their nose.

Maybe this makes me a hypocrite, maybe this makes me a coward, maybe that makes me a realist. I'm not sure but this is somthing I constantly think about, what I should do or not do.

If I had the power to make people see the truth around them I would in a heart beat but as long as people are as they are today nothing will ever change, my action or inaction makes little diffrence.

I am a small person in the grand scheme of things, if I was to disappear tomorrow nothing would change for the world. Few would remember me and fewer still would morn my passing.

At the right moment though small people like me change the world, change history. I will watch for my chance to change the world for the better and I would act apon it in a heart beat.

for now though I watch, wait and do nothing as psychopaths rape this planet and its people. There is nothing I can do.

But give me an imovable point and a lever of infinate length and I promise you I will move the world.

We can only start with ourselves which is tough enough. It's hard to redirect your priorities...in this case it involves changing our lifestyles, but someone has to do it and we all have to look ourselves in the mirror.

I wasn't fortunate enough to have had children, but even I don't want to f$%^ the next generation with a lifetime of slavery. This must stop and it starts with me.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Western Culture is a breeding ground for Psychopaths in my opinion. In a Corporate culture having no empathy or conscience for that matter is better for the bottom line. Teens today have the "its all about me" syndrome which leaves little to no room for caring about others.

today.msnbc.msn.com...

While all Narcissists arent Psychopaths it can be said that all Psychopaths are Narcissistic.

"Both the psychopath and the narcissist disregard society, its conventions, social cues and social treaties. But the psychopath carries this disdain to the extreme and is likely to be a scheming, calculated, ruthless, and callous career criminal. Psychopaths are deliberately and gleefully evil while narcissists are absent-mindedly and incidentally evil." From the Book- "Malignant Self Love - Narcissism Revisited" by Sam Vaknin

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frank Black
Western Culture is a breeding ground for Psychopaths in my opinion. In a Corporate culture having no empathy or conscience for that matter is better for the bottom line. Teens today have the "its all about me" syndrome which leaves little to no room for caring about others.

today.msnbc.msn.com...

While all Narcissists arent Psychopaths it can be said that all Psychopaths are Narcissistic.

"Both the psychopath and the narcissist disregard society, its conventions, social cues and social treaties. But the psychopath carries this disdain to the extreme and is likely to be a scheming, calculated, ruthless, and callous career criminal. Psychopaths are deliberately and gleefully evil while narcissists are absent-mindedly and incidentally evil." From the Book- "Malignant Self Love - Narcissism Revisited" by Sam Vaknin

Indeed...it's no accident that the business of government is business. The system exists to perpetuate the system.

When you think about how much propaganda and effort goes into keeping the veil in place, its a wonder any of us ever reach apocalypse...I don't mean to sound melodramatic, but I have family who actively work in the field of psychology and they just can't come to grips with the fact that all our alleged leaders exhibit latent psychotic behavior.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join