It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have You Drugged Your Kids Today?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

I say hooray for this lady and I hope she has a case against being fired.
Thoughts?

spec

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I don't understand the point of silent protests where the person seeing, for example the bumper sticker, isn't gonna know what it is being protested. What kind of point is being made there?

Still, it is within her rights. I don't think she was fairly fired.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by xxsomexpersonxx

Good point and I agree. Seems like it may be more about the "message" being represented, you know the one called "truth."

spec

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Looking at the bumper sticker it looks like it has been on there for awhile. Doesn't it to you? I'm banking she ruffled some parents who give their kids ADHD meds and thought the bumper sticker was talking about them. Just a guess. That is what I thought it was about when I first read it. But I used to work in a doctors office and we will leave it at that.

Should she have been fired? No. Does the school have the right to ask her to do what they asked? Unfortunately I think they did. Was it right of them? No, I don't think so. They were trying to bend her will and make her conform to their standards and she wasn't having it. Kudos to her. I hope she gets her job back as well. However I highly doubt it. Most employers can fire you and not even give you a reason on why they did it. I think that is "at will employment". I'm not sure.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SavannahJane

I'm banking she ruffled some parents who give their kids ADHD meds and thought the bumper sticker was talking about them.

I was thinking that...or, a Pharma rep parent saw it

I wonder if because she is a teacher she should be held at a higher standard, in the eyes of the students?
I could see that angle from the school, but at the same time, it is not worth the loss, from either side, in firing her.
I'm not sure what I'd do, because I would want to stand my ground on my views, but I wouldn't want to lose my job, or in this case my relationship with the kids that depend on me. So ultimately, I guess I would remove it to keep my job teaching, but I still would have protested initially, as she has, and drawn some attention to the issue of overmedicating our children.
And maybe after going through a court process, it will stand on it's own.....

spec
edit on 1-3-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
You make a valid point about her being held to a higher standard with her being a teacher and all. That I can understand. If she had a Bob Marley bumper sticker on the back are we to assume that she is a pot smoking teacher and she shouldn't be teaching children or someone who just likes reggae music? Being fired over a bumper sticker seems a bit overkill in my opinion. It is doubtful that I would have removed it either. I've always been a bit of a rebel though. It will be interesting to see how this is played out in the end.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Again, a great post

I read that statement as an attempt to awaken society to the invasion of Americans schools by Big Pharma, and the easiness, unprofessional, unethical way in which, at the slightest annoyance, kids are drugged, by medical charlatans...

Parents complicity, and even pressure, is creating a society of apathetic, dumbed down, drugged, and empty kids...then we are surprisingly shocked when a "Columbine" occurs...go figure...

Hope she gets her job back, seems to be one of the few people that still cares...in the event I'm interpreting her intended message correctly, that is...

P.S. - Sorry for spelling, grammar, and/or incoherence...I'm editing a film with Metal Music, and can't concentrate...

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
oooppppppppssssss

Didn't realize there was a video...it's OK, no harm done.

Give her back the job, and let this be the start of an all-out campaign against the destruction of American Youth's Brains...towns and cities should be filled with posters like this, and parents that permit their kids to be subjected to such abuse should be exposed, and condemned.

It's not the kids that are hipper-active, or have ADS, it's the schools that have failed them; most schools kill knowledge, are nothing more then parrot-training centers, and just want a passive, numb population...
It's not the HA, and ADS kids that are sick, it's the schools, what they teach, and how they teach, that are the culprits...

new topics

top topics

join