It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A so-called all loving God?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marulo
Regardless of any religious text.

If God is responsible for reality, then he must be evil.

I guess it depends on how you look at disease and murder and what not.
Certainly if he loved us we would not have to suffer through this reality he created.

I think suffering has a lot to do with us evolving spiritually. I dont want to sound callous but I think all suffering brings its own reward because it touches thesoul and in doing so, it gives a greater awareness of the higher and more profound aspects of the universe. We would never evolve if we lived free from care, anxiety and worry. Where there is nothing for us to conquer. If welived in constent happiness, we wouldnt know what it was to be happy.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
WTF is this thread? Of course he is a Loving God!

(Ex. 15:2) or Yahweh was originally a volcano god, a god of thunder, lightning, and earthquakes who often manifested himself in fire (viz. the burning bush). He is generally thought to have been an amalgam of a number of Mediterranean gods and goddesses, beginning with the original Yahuwah (a mountain goddess) and including El, Yayash, Yaë, Shaddai, Enlil, Seth, Anu, Marduk, Yahu, Ea, and even En-ki. His consort — worshipped in the Fertile Crescent for centuries before Yah/Yahweh came along — was Asherah.

You see he is a God of Volcano, and he likes fire.

Of course he loves us

(Exodus 14:4)And I will harden Pharaoh’s heart, and he will pursue them, and I will get glory over Pharaoh and all his host, and the Egyptians shall know that I am the LORD." And they did so.

You still don't believe he loves us?

King James Bible
(Leviticus 26:28)
Then I will walk contrary unto you also in fury; and I, even I, will chastise you seven times for your sins.

Oh you are still doubtful that God is loving, merciful and forgiving?

Look at the method on how he spread his love to us, He burned those that don't believe in him and punished those that have a different view of him. He tortured them.

You see how loving God is?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
www.evilbible.com

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by CandiceZ

Don't forget how god is always sending down 'evil spirits' onto people like Saul. It's odd that an arrow in the quiver of the greatest good would be evil...

Hell, he hardens Pharaoh's heart, never found a good reason why this loving being is allowed to violate free will there.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
If the old testament is to be believed (which it isn't), god demands that Adam & Eve follow a rule that requires understanding of right and wrong. But he doesn't give them the knowledge of right and wrong.

Many religious people say god always forgives, if that's true why didn't he just forgive Adam and Eve?
edit on 4/3/2011 by Griffo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

He doen't forgive because he is a cruel, Egyptian volcano god. The Hebrews (David, Solomon) also worshipped the god "EL" and a host of minor pagan gods. Right along side the Holy of Holies. Some of those idols have been associated with child sacrafice and even canabalisim.

Not nice folks these gods

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join