It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

D-Day UK Protests / Revolution

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romanian
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

English was not a part of my degree nor my education. How may languages do you speak beside your native language?
My English is work in progress, no need for you to be nasty .

You speak English very well. I would love to speak another language other than English

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Your spelling is correct, but the grammar is wrong. Dam Google Translate! Just joking, I have no idea what you said. Anyway, without hijacking the thread - if you think my English spelling is not good (and I agree it is not!), then imagine how I supposed to be WITHOUT education! I strongly believe that education did help me, and this was the point I wanted to make. I am not a relevant story of professional success; however my life is better because of the education I freely received in my home country.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Sorry, something is wrong, i only onted to post once. Can this one be removed pls?
edit on 9-3-2011 by Romanian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Sorry, something is wrong, i only onted to post once. Can this one be removed pls?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Romanian

Romanian

I think your English, if you are from Romania is EXCELLENT........ probably better than half the UK popluations grasp of their own language.....

My German is not brilliant and all I said was

'Romanian, I was not angry, just lightening the moment ..... If a computer spell-checker exisits then simply press the button ...

I think I missed off an 's' as well so I am Definately NOT PERFECT !! :-)

In regards to your original post then I do disagree a little and I DO support fees for students........ I just think that the REAL stories and figures have been Terribly mis represented by the Media and those with other Political adgenda's...

I also agree with you regarding housing in the UK and I WISH for a radical DROP in house prices because the UK Economic model is disproportionately affected by the housing and rampant consumerism which has to change......... WE ALL have alot of PAIN to go through and it is NOT nice, people will complain....... Just remember the previous 10 - 15 years in our history is whenthe WHOLE of the UK society went on a ''Money Grab' with little thought to where we would end up............... Now we have a better idea and it is not pretty.........

Check this out for the BEST system......... I know Woodwardjnr has already :-)

www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=10744662#pid10744662

Regards

PDUK

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
From a previous post;

I really wish We the People would come together on something, ANYTHING that would show the peoples will & solidarity.
Until we unite, this s@!t will continue to happen.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Probably an alternative educational system would be necessary in many countries. For example , with Microsoft - you can learn on our own time, then pay to take an exam with Microsoft. If you pass, you get a certiffication. The same works with the English tests - IELTS for example. I guess the examination fee is about 105 £ for now. I believe this concept deserves bit more attention, a lot of people would be willing to learn from home then pay the examinations only.

Look what I mean:
www.microsoft.com...

This system should be global , and should allow people to start at any point of the "path" , learn on their own speed, take exams then get certiffied.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
This protest is going to be massive. And the grape vine tells me that there may even be a load of coppers protesting the cuts aswell!! (maybe they'll kick eachothers faces in, for the lulz)

Loads of groups going on this, so i think that it'll remain peaceful. generally, from my experience, the saturday larger protests are the most peaceful.

I will most definatly be there, with bells on. (and a whistle/raving horn to make some noise)

edit, I know the police are doing their own protest, but I have a hunch that they'll also be there on the 26th
www.guardian.co.uk...

edit on 9/3/2011 by Acidtastic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
And if anybody is trying to find a reason as to wether or not to make a trip into that there Londinium, these people may give you inspiration.

marchforthealternative.org.uk...

I am a parent of a disabled child with an incurable muscle wasting disease called Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy which will rob me of my son before he is an adult. It is disabled children like my gregarious beautiful son who are in the front line of these cuts, they are already having treatment withdrawn such as hydrotherapy. I will be there next month wheeling my little man along the streets of London. Shame on you Cameron and Clegg. Oh to have enough money to employ private respite care and nurses for my son!

The global economic crisis has highlighted just how much the majority middle and working class of Britain are subject to the whims of the super-rich. It’s time to say no – No to public sector privatisation, no to bankers bonuses, no to the majority paying the price for the minority’s greed. There is an alternative to global capitalism. We need to make it happen

to post but a few.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Thanks for that link Acidtastic

I love the message of how anyone can protest on what's important to them, any ATS members planning on going? It would be a great opportunity to put your thoughts or what your unhappy about on a banner...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e261d9d93ce9.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a6c677bc5cf9.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/051e560843fa.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6931601163f4.jpg[/atsimg]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join