It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vid: AZ Senator Albert Hale addressing racist laws like SB 1611, 1309 and 1407

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
AZ Senator Albert Hale let his voice be heard and his views known, when he responded to a question addressing racist laws like SB 1611, 1309 and 1407 at a press conference at the Arizona State Capitol February 22.

Tupac Enrique Acosta, Tonatierra, asked Hale, “what is the position of the Indian nations, indigenous sovereignty of the territories related to the legislation's?”

His response received a round of applause when he stated, “we understand immigration from a different perspective. We have been subjected to immigration that’s been undocumented since day one, since 1492.”

I've watched this vid twice now and frankly I came away with the feeling Mister Hale is a consummate politician...
he was thrown a very tough to answer question so he did what all of his ilk are trained to do....change the topic while making it seems as if he really did answer... Very slick the way he transition's from Mexicans to children, disabled and elderly...

Hale, former President of the Navajo Nation (1995-1998), is Arizona’s district 2 Senator.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
i dont see what the problem is, I reviewed SB 1611, and all it states is ensuring that illegal immigrants that have now gained legal status ensure that when attempting to obtain state benefits that the y prove legal citizenship.

www.azleg.gov...

That's within the confines of the Constitution. SB 1309 revolves around the schools and the financial disbursement, including mandating the materials that will be allowed in the schools. I don't see any racism in the context of the bills.

www.azleg.state.az.us...

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

you do know those same bills contain a provision that anyone seeking medical treatment who does not have insurance will have their names given to the authorities who will then check to see if they are or are not, a legal resident of this country...

There are dozens of (Soft Words) that basically imply the same types of laws the Supreme Court struck down...
AZ just went back and reworded a lot of it but the intent is still there...

Now I'm not saying if its the right thing to do or not.... I'm only sharing this single statement made by one AZ Senator

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

anyone seeking medical treatment who does not have insurance will have their names given to the authorities who will then check to see if they are or are not, a legal resident of this country...

This portion would fall under Unconstitutional social programs, or, Unconstitutional spending. If a person(s) is illegal, and nothing more than a burden on the tax payer seeking free health care or any other benefits, they do need to be reported. There's nothing racist about that. It's called Constitutional!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

How are these laws "Racist" exactly? .. Because last I checked Mexican (most prevalent) was not a race..

Are they here Illegally?

Race aside..

"But we are all Humans!" aside..

And any other typically moronic Progressive statements aside...

Are they here Illegally?

new topics

top topics

join