It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bring back blasphemy laws.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
God gave us free will, God wants us to choose to follow god, not be forced into it. I am a Christian and I am appalled this. How would you feel if someone decided to make a law against Christians, making it illegal for them to talk about God?

Taking away someone's right to free speech is wrong. If someone chooses to blasphemy God, then that's their problem. They have the right to say those things, just as you have the right to stick up for God when someone does blasphemy. Every one has the right to choose whether they want to believe in God or not, no one has the right to take that choice away.

I don't like hearing blasphemies against God either, but as a Christian, that's the challenge that we face today. We need to tackle this challenge with grace and integrity and by taking peoples right to a choice away, we are not tackling the challenge with grace and integrity.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Xerxes1434

I'm sorry? thats just ridiculous, its a human right to be able to express your beliefs and religion and to share it with others. I mean, even Nazis have the right, and even when I completely disagree with them its their right and I don't complain cause its my right too.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

This country was NOT founded on Christianity. Read the writings of the Founding Fathers and you will see that they were probably Diests. They mention a Supreme Being or God, but never a specific religion like Christianity.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xerxes1434

en.wikipedia.org...

Blasphemy laws should come back into effect and be NATIONAL. People that criticize and mock God, Christ, and or the Bible should be put in prison for a maximum of 30 years and all their property seized.

This country is going to bring the wrath of God down on itself because people have no respect or fear of God. You mock him now but you'll cry out to him when his judgement falls down on us.

edit on 3/3/2011 by 12m8keall2c because: added Required source link

I cannot agree with you friend. I feel sorry for you - instead of hating maybe you should start loving.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
The Great Goddess, the all and nothing of everything is such a thing of Evil and Chaos. She is wicked and tempting courruption that offers no blessed salvation but only curses and fearful death. She is my Great Goddess and is Queen of Whoredoms and fresh blood infecting consciousness and infinite reality from Universe B.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by czygyny

I was trolling I admit it. Just wanted to get a rise out of you guys. Looks like it worked.

I suspected as much but the trouble is, there are people out there that DO feel this way and if allowed their will they would make this world a disphoric and very unhappy place.

I have no problem defending a better way, even if this thread was a juvenile attempt at personal entertainment.

What you say is so true, in my town in southern Ohio, right within the Bible Belt, many would like to see anyone but Christians to be put to the stake and burned, and they would immediately shoot anyone who spoke out against their religion. Trolling is one thing, bit inciting violence is another thing altogether.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Blasphemy laws should come back into effect and be NATIONAL. People that criticize and mock God, Christ, and or the Bible should be put in prison for a maximum of 30 years and all their property seized.

NO - - they shouldn't.

You want to believe in God - - that is your business. Stay out of my government.

Personally I think God believers who try to force their God into the government should be arrested and put in prison for a maximum of 30 years and all their property seized.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
And I most heartedly agree with you, Annee. Just last year in my town the Christians tried to ban All Hallow's Eve. (Halloween) Flyers went around, there was a scathing article in the local paper, and even after they lost to popular opining, some jeered and called "Satan worshipper" at kids as the trick or treated. Guess now they will try to ban the celebration of the Goddess Oestre/Easter.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
And I most heartedly agree with you, Annee. Just last year in my town the Christians tried to ban All Hallow's Eve. (Halloween) Flyers went around, there was a scathing article in the local paper, and even after they lost to popular opining, some jeered and called "Satan worshipper" at kids as the trick or treated. Guess now they will try to ban the celebration of the Goddess Oestre/Easter.

Every year during mid October I always submit an article to local papers or writing a letter explaining about the true wiccan meaning of halloween.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Personally I think there is a major difference between Pagan Festivals and Religion.

They are more like the Native American's concept of balance with life. With the environmental issues today - - I can see gradually changing Christmas and Easter to the Winter Solstice and Spring equinox. Getting away from any religious connotations.

"Ancient peoples were very attentive to seasons and the Sun's position in the sky, because their livelihood depended on planting and harvesting at the proper times. All eight of the above-listed Days were observed as pagan holidays of one sort or another; a few, like Halloween, have survived to modern times in (somewhat) recognizable form. What is more interesting is the number of supposedly modern holidays which lie in close proximity to the same dates. Christmas (Winter Solstice) and Easter (Spring Equinox) are two obvious examples; one may make the argument that these holiday times were inherited. Others are quite surprising -- like Father's Day (Summer Solstice)!"

www.naic.edu...

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
[more

Religion..causes nothing but problems.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Free Speech.

/argument won

new topics