It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people believe in an afterlife??

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ac3rr
reply to post by autowrench

I have to tell you, I can only think of two explanations for all you've described here. Either (1) this is all true and you've uncovered perhaps the single greatest answer to humanity's quest for the meaning of life, or (2) Human error (misinterpreting your experiences). And since when has "human error" ever been any sort of reasonable explanation for anything? Whereas uncovering the solution to the mother of all questions sounds WAY more exciting, enthralling, captivating and fun!

How can anything that gratifies the hole in my knowledge, while simultaneously confirming how magnificent I am be false?!? The NUMBER ONE rule of science is if it strokes your ego in any way it's probably CORRECT! Why else would we have egos? It's nature's fact-compass.

Have you thought about getting on the lecture circuit? People need to know these things, and if they don't believe you, screw 'em! I'd like to hear a better explanation!

Oh great, another product of insecurity spouting atheism and ridicule in order to pat himself on the back, and attacking anyone who disagrees. Dude, you need to get laid. You're giving non-believers a horrible name by being just as ignorant as the religious people you claim to despise. You don't know. Neither do I. In fact, no one does. Get over it. We haven't figured out the universe yet, surprise surprise.

And perhaps if your life were a little better, you'd be satisfied with the unknown instead of spending your time throwing your negativity at other people. Hope it gets better for you.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join