It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christchurch Earthquake unearths 'time capsules'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Two objects believed to be time capsules have been discovered in the aftermath of last week's ruinous earthquake in New Zealand. A glass bottle with a parchment inside and a metal cylinder were found by rescuers searching the grounds of the cathedral in the city of Christchurch.

Christchurch Earthquake unearths Time Capsules

Apparently they were found within the statue of the alleged founder of Christchurch - John Robert Godley.

It'll be interesting to find what is written on the parchment and what is in the cylinder. I don't echo the sentiments of Christchurch's mayor though by saying this find is 'inspirational' in a time where many people are coping with the tragic loss of life. To my mind, I would struggle to find solace in something like this.

That doesn't mean to say however that I don't find this intriguing.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
that is most interesting, thanks for posting.

I'd love to hear what these "time capsules" have to say for themselves

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I find that quite interesting. I am sure you have heard of project blue-beam, yeah? The first thing I ever read about BB was this Serge Monast
Whats got me interested is the "hoaxed discoveries"

Hoaxed "Discoveries'
What is important to understand in the first step is that those earthquakes will hit at different parts of the world where scientific and archaeological teachings have indicated that arcane mysteries have been buried. By those types of earthquakes, it will be possible for scientists to rediscover those arcane mysteries which will be used to discredit all fundamental religious doctrines. This is the first preparation for the plan for humanity because what they want to do is destroy the beliefs of all Christians and Muslims on the planet. To do that, they need some false 'proof' from the far past that will prove to all nations that their religions have all been misinterpreted and misunderstood.

I never really decided either way on Blue-beam, I was just waiting for more proof. With all these earthquakes and landslides etc lately, this article came back into my mind and I am waiting to hear more about these "new discoveries" They seem to be popping up everywhere lately. Since most of us never get to really look at these things, we can never really know if they are truly ancient artifacts, even carbon dating has errors, and we would have to trust someone else to do that for us. Can't wait to see what they have, if anything.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by mutantgenius

Christchurch is a young city, I wouldn't think there'd be any particularly ancient arcane mysteries hidden in a statue of its founder...

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by enleve

Yeah, I understood that it was from the statue of the cities founder, that doeasn't neccesarily mean it is a 'time capsule" though does it? It could be something older than the man himself and hidden. Just speculating, wanted to point out that it could be anything from any time, anywhere. I'm interested to know what it is, so OP keep me updated cuz I'm liable to forget.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
It probably says "We buried this the last time an earthquake opened up the ground. If you are reading this, then you're screwed."

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Very interesting thread, I think user mutantgenius is right on with his/her theory about project blue beam. Even if this one event doesn't have to do with the overall timeline, there is some serious project blue beam crap going on in this World. The Jerusalem UFO was possibly the first MSM accepted use of the blue beam. The next one will probably get some serious people stirred up

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous Avatar
It probably says "We buried this the last time an earthquake opened up the ground. If you are reading this, then you're screwed."

A little crass dude!

For the record Christchurch has not suffered from earthquakes till very recently, the September 4th quake was on an unknown fault.

Like I said, a little crass, some of us are still dealing with family having to pick up the pieces up there.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Noinden

Ok, sorry. My prayers are with you all.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Well I can't wait to hear what they found. I hope someone will post that info as soon as it is out.

To the guy mentioning the use of the "Blue Beam". What is the "Blue Beam"? I've heard of project blue beam but not heard anything about a blue beam.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by IndieA
Well I can't wait to hear what they found. I hope someone will post that info as soon as it is out.

To the guy mentioning the use of the "Blue Beam". What is the "Blue Beam"? I've heard of project blue beam but not heard anything about a blue beam.

Yes. I was reffering to project blue beam...just shortened it to BB the second time and blue beam the third time because I didn't really see the sense in writing out the whole thing three times. Click on the "Serge Monast link" for a little back groungd info...or just google it.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by 9Cib27
Very interesting thread, I think user mutantgenius is right on with his/her theory about project blue beam. Even if this one event doesn't have to do with the overall timeline, there is some serious project blue beam crap going on in this World. The Jerusalem UFO was possibly the first MSM accepted use of the blue beam. The next one will probably get some serious people stirred up

The Norway Spiral was possibly something too. I don't know what to think of it all to be honest. I haven't yet accepted any of these things as fact, but I am watching for signs/clues. I don't know if this Christchurch (interesting name no?) is neccesarily related, it was just something that popped into my head, what with all the news of ancient bolivian(?) tunnels, pre-sumerian tablets found, so on and so forth. The article I linked was written in 94. Thats 17 years ago and some of this stuff is now coming into play. Lends some creedence to it, doesn't it?

OP sorry for the off topic post, just wanted to reply to poster.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mutantgenius

thats pretty interesting. Id say you wouldnt have to worry about ancient artifacts being found in the capsule tho. New zealand isnt even 200 years old let alone the cathedral. It will just be info and pics of chch when it was built. I think let the poor people of chch have this one. They had the 1st victim funeral yesterday of a 5 month old who was born after the last quake. I think this made news as 1 nice, interesting thing to happen in a city of ruins. Kia kaha christchurch!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
The age of the time capsules,( if that is what they are) should be interesting. And of course what they have in them and what they say. I suppose we don't have photos of them yet?

Peace and Love to the people of Christchurch and all New Zealanders.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

hmm why did I read that in a Bender voice.

OR maybe it says...'"Whoever found this scroll is now king of Christchurch."

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Noinden

A little crass dude!

For the record Christchurch has not suffered from earthquakes till very recently, the September 4th quake was on an unknown fault.

Like I said, a little crass, some of us are still dealing with family having to pick up the pieces up there.

My dad was in a tennis tournament there when the earthquake hit. The facility got completely demolished. He is alright...and regardless of how many died I still think the comment was witty.

edit on 1-3-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)

join