It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is My ATS Stuck In A Time Warp?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
This has been bugging me for a while as it makes it difficult for me to find my posts in threads and replies but in every thread every post is labelled as posted on 30/12/2009 @ 23:13 and i even get this with my U2U messages.

I submitted a complaint to the mods but have as yet received no response.

Please help.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by EyeOnYou

Strange. I have seen edits dated before the post was even made. I have seen posts dated before the internet was even made. I have no idea why any of it happens but mine works fine.

Your ATS may indeed be stuck in a time warp. Recharge your flux capacitor possibly.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Once you solved the conundrum of the space time vortex, and transmutated the essence of matter itself, will your answer be revealed.

Vvv

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
find your posts where they posted by going to the bottom of page where it says: SHOW RIBBON

*click MY POSTS and it takes you to each of your posts and their last places
then:

*click MESSAGES, then click REPLIES to see replies to each of your posts, if any

Hope this helps some.......
edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: info

edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: more

edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: corrections

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
LoL according to my display you were all Registered: 30/12/2009.

My flux capacitor was broken when i went back to last week to put this weeks winning lottery numbers on so now im stuck in last week and slowly approaching the date when i went back MARTY ITS YOUR KIDS!!!!!!

Thank you for your post MysteriousStranger, you have now enabled me to find my posts and the replys to them with greater ease than having to scour every page.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by EyeOnYou
LoL according to my display you were all Registered: 30/12/2009.

That's the day you registered! So nobody was here until you registered? We may be figments of your imagination.

Sorry I'm no help

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by GobbledokTChipeater

So if you are a figment of my imagination then that makes you effectively part of me?

Im talking to myself subjectively on a forum.....or mayb e im not the real one, maybe i am the imagination of someone or something else being used as a small pawn in some greater game or machine, now i have a head ache, geeeez thanks a bunch, your a real pal

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   

I am not sure what causes this, and it has not happened to me, but I just wanted to state that I saw a thread a few weeks ago by someone with this same problem. One of the simple suggestions to try, in response to that person, was to clear cookies and cache.

(sorry I'm not well versed in computer knowledge so those may not be the correct terms, but I think you may understand what I mean).
Ill see if I can find that thread, to see if they eventually posted a solution.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Ok thanks.

Not sure how it could be cookies though because when i first joined this site it was on a pc and it is only recently i have come back to the site on a completely different computer, but im open ears to any suggestions, i shall try the cookies thing now.

But yeah it says you all joined on the same date including me and all the threads and every post have the same date, mods have not responded to my message but i understand they can be busy so dont wanna flood them with messages about it, i will keep checking back here to see if anyone finds a solution.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Sorry. I'm not much help. All I know for sure is you're not the first person who has mentioned this. I looked for the other thread, but couldn't find it. I had commented in it, and was subscribed to it, but I'm pretty sure that's one of the many that I recently deleted on a subscription cleaning rampage. Good luck.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Ok. I found it. Hope this helps. If you haven't already fixed it. This is the thread. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hellmutt's reply seems to be what fixed the problem.

Originally posted by Hellmutt
Don't bother with screen shots. You need to change the settings on your ATS account. Go here. Change the setting for Date Format. If you have a fixed date here, you will get the problem you described. Change it to say i.e. mm/dd/yyyy, dd/mm/yy. Btw, I use "j M Y" (without the quotes), as I prefer that format.

Then set your timezone and click submit. Btw, after you have clicked submit, ignore it if it says that your timezone is wrong. You can only set your timezone here, but you can't see what your current timezone setting is. To check if you have the correct timezone, take a look at a recent post and see if the time matches your time.

Hope it helps

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

Sorry. I'm not much help.

Not so my friend, thank you for bringing that thread to my attention, i have now fixed the problem that had been annoying me so much.

Thanks friend brother.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Apparently not, this post was posted on 3/1/11 @ 07:07 AM Is your hardware clock set to the right time? This is in the BIOS. A little research on your computer brand will explain how to get into BIOS, on mine I hit "Delete" during post. Also, if your machine is an older one, the internal battery may be going bad. In a desktop this is easily seen, just pop off the left side of the case and look on the motherboard. Looks like a big watch battery. If you remover this for a few minutes, it resets the BIOS, you have to load defaults again, on some computers there is an option for Performance Defaults. In the BIOS you can set your internal clock, and configure your drives, Smart, temperature shut down options, and so on. Do some research on your BIOS before changing anything, and never, I repeat NEVER change the frequency settings for your CPU! I am a computer repair technician, and I myself have smoked a few boards by trying to overclock the CPU.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Thanks for your input but all what you just suggested is really not necessary, The link Broken Circles posted resolved my issue, its not an issue with my computer it was an issue with the settings on the site.

new topics

top topics

join