It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There are no conspiracies in religion.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Religion holds no conspiracies.

Search for the meaning behind the word religion and you will find no conspiracies in it. Conspiracies against religion would be better, still.. they fail or end in persecuting.

Conspiracies are unnessesary when it comes to religion.

Amen

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I think the forum section is more aimed at people who would like to speculate the idea of conspiracies such as the location of the lost ark, the posed conspiracies in books such at the Davinci Code and just what the knights templar got up to.

The idea being that historical religious artifacts and ''facts'' such as The Holy Grail and the idea of Mary Magdalene being one of the apostles, being a kept secret and hidden away from known history could in itself be a conspiracy.

Regards,

Mike

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Religion is one big conspiracy... GG

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Reign02

I 2nd that.

Religion contains no conspiracies.... And the IMF is not out to make money

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by etherical waterwave

Hi there. May Peace be with you Etherical Waterwave

I've recently come into a realization of a conspiracy, so to say, transcending all religion:
Spirituality is very real. Each religion is tapping into this same spiritual experience... each one trying to explain and interact with this universal spirituality according to their relative understanding. The conspiracy is that all spiritually driven beliefs, religions, philosophies, and practices are focusing on the same spiritual experience.

Ask multiple people to explain any given object or event. The answers will be similar, differing, and varying; as with religion.

Peace

Originally posted by faceoff85
reply to post by Reign02

I 2nd that.

Religion contains no conspiracies.... And the IMF is not out to make money

Haha! Nice sarcasm

Screw the IMF and the entire global central banking system :p

edit on 3/1/11 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reign02
Religion is one big conspiracy... GG

yup yup!!

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi
reply to post by etherical waterwave

Hi there. May Peace be with you Etherical Waterwave

I've recently come into a realization of a conspiracy, so to say, transcending all religion:
Spirituality is very real. Each religion is tapping into this same spiritual experience... Peace

That is it, Doesn't that make only 1 religion. There is existant only one religion. The rest isn't worthy the word religion or doesn't attain religion. It falls apart. There is only one religion, still I don't manage to explain the word religion. What is religion. Religion probably is your bound with God. This should be it. God treats us all as equals. Religion only occurs when God makes the scene.

edit on 2011/3/2 by etherical waterwave because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Is that supposed to be a joke, or what?
Religion is the oldest, biggest and most obvious conspiracy of all. It's hands are filled with the blood of "unfaithful" and the money of the "faithful", all through the history. The church is rich, untruthful, manipulative, scary, and her only purpose is to keep the "sheep" under control. Nothing to do with spirituality or divine for that matter.

It definitely must be a joke, even if it's not funny.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Get ready for life!

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by etherical waterwave

Search for the meaning behind the word religion and you will find no conspiracies in it. Conspiracies against religion would be better, still.. they fail or end in persecuting.

Amen

Well, religion itself is a conspiracy as their base premise (existence of a deity) isn't based on rational, logical, objective evidence. It's been used as a means to control the masses for thousands of years, and still is used for the same purpose.

So yeah, I completely disagree with you...religion is a GIANT conspiracy to control the people.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by etherical waterwave

Amen

HaHa

If we are talking Judaism, Christianity and Islam, the basic belief is in a supreme being that can do anything (but does nothing), knows everything (but says nothing), that is present everywhere (but conveniently invisible).
So its all lies and the biggest conspiracy going.
The mother of all conspiracies!

join