It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I also had an encounter (dream?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I was reading the other thread that girl_interrupted posted about her encounter, and felt compelled to post this. Firstly, I'm a hardcore skeptic when it comes to the paranormal. Not that I don't believe in anything... I'm just cynical and scientific.

A few weeks ago I was asleep in bed with my girlfriend, and "woke up" to find myself staring at a creature/entity. It was a similar form factor to your cookie-cutter alien, but it had pitch black skin. I hate to say it had scales because I think the whole reptilian thing is a bit goofy (sorry), but that's what it looked like. If it wasn't scales, I would say it was the texture/appearance of charred wood, slightly reflective.

It was a bit beefier than your standard alien, but it was only 3.5-4ft high. It had a large head, but not oval shaped, more round- the closest thing I can think is elmer fudd. Features were pretty human, normal nose, eyes, mouth, I would say they were pretty average human size and spacing, but in relation to the head, they looked small. The eyes and mouth were both bright white in contrast against the skin.

I was frozen with fear. I tried to scream at it, to scare it away or indicate my willingness to confront, but all I could get out was a growl with bared teeth. It bared its teeth back at me, but didn't move an inch... almost like it was mimicking me. I was abosolutely terrified, but TBH I don't really know if it was evil or just creepy looking, and if it was threatening me back or just copying me.

Right after that happened, I woke up, but I was still asleep, if that makes any sense. Thank god my girlfriend was there, I held her tight and dozed back off. That's even stranger, because I'm not exactly one to need consoling. I'm a young man, very big, and very strong. I'm not afraid of much anything, and this literally had me frozen with absolute terror.

Has anybody heard/seen anything like this? I'm familiar with all of the standard alien type stuff, but I've NEVER seen anything that matches this description, which makes it even stranger that I would dream it up out of nowhere. FYI this is the first time I've had anything like this happen. I have never seen shadows, ghosts, aliens, any kind of stuff like that.

I'm pretty sure it was a dream, but it really freaked me out badly, and every time I think of it, I have trouble sleeping. I've never had a nightmare do that to me before.
edit on 1-3-2011 by iandh because: typo

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by iandh

By your "frozen with fear" comment, it sounds like you had some kind of sleep paralysis episode. Basically, this occurs due to the fact that your brain switches off your muscles and body movement while in REM/heavy dream sleep -- mainly so you don't thrash about mimicking your dream-self climbing Mt. Everest and breaking your arm in real life or something. For whatever reason, despite the rest of your body being asleep and paralyzed, you become conscious and aware of your immediate surroundings. But since your brain is still technically sleeping, you can essentially dream/hallucinate and/or be influenced by all sorts of demonic things since you're so very close to the out of body experience veil.

If it's any consolation, should it happen again -- whether you believe in him or not -- all you need to do is invoke the name of the Lord or Jesus Christ or even just ask for Their help to put an immediate end to these episodes. Obviously since you can't move usually, just thinking this in your head and making a thoughtful silent prayer/plea for help will suffice just fine. Or you can eliminate the potential for these episodes altogether and say a quick prayer asking the Lord to protect you from all such disturbing things during the night.

Hope this helps!
edit on 1-3-2011 by JDWriter because: typo

edit on 1-3-2011 by JDWriter because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-3-2011 by JDWriter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I had a similar experience about two weeks ago, funny really as i am also a science freak and think that most people's experiences are false or explainable. The creature in question was standing to the left corner of the bed and also had reflective skin but I don't remember scales, it seemed more esoteric to me. Anyway it tried to touch my stomach by which point I was terrified.

I also could not move or scream and I seem to remember that breathing became difficult because of the fear. Although i swear I was awake when it append I know I could not have been as my girlfriend witnessed the whole account too. She could hear me making these struggling noises and tried to wake me from terrors grip but couldn't. Normally I wake really easy and take ages to drop off so it must have been a really deep state that I was in.

When I finally awoke she explained that she had been watching me struggling for about 5 minutes and was even punching me but could not wake me. She did not see any creature in the room.

I would swear it was real had my girlfriend not witnessed the entire episode. Made me think about other dimensions and astral which is something I'm not really interested in at least not in a 'new age' way.

I have also witnessed my dad have these attacks several times but e can never recall what happened, I wonder now if he just did not want to say for fear of ridicule. He has had a major interest in aliens all his life and I could never quite place where he got it from. He's interest rubbed off on me as a kid and now here I am!

There have also been a large amount of sighting in the sky where I live and only last night there was a major one apparently, I never saw it but I got plenty of phone calls from people who did and also know my interest in such things.

The critical part of me tells me that my episode didn't happen as my girlfriend witnessed the entire event - it just felt sooooooo real that it's hard to dismiss as a dream.

Unexplained for sure!

Best wishes.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
The human brain never ceases to amaze me. The whole concept of 'dreams', I find to be truly, amazing!

This was most likely a dream, however, a dream influenced by something of a paranormal origin, who knows? That is where things get 'creepy'. Either way, a truly terrifying experience, why would the brain scare itself in a such a way by having a dream like that

I have had a similar dream in the past, I will never forget it. It felt so real... however mine was of some creature, pushing down on my chest, literally forcing the air out of my lungs and leaving me unable to breath in, it felt like I was drowning.

The creature looked somewhat like this:

Except it had larger arms with great force behind them pushing down on my chest.....

Thank you for sharing your experience and I wish you all the best with sleeping in future!

Cheers,

Mike

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Yeah I don't really think it was anything other than a dream, just that it was waaaaaaaay out there compared to the dreams I usually have. The other thing is that it seemed like it was happening in my room, but the furniture wasn't quite right, as in arrangement. There was a chair between myself and the entity which not only is no longer in the room, but never was in the spot that it was in the dream.

I wish my girlfriend had something to add, but unfortunately she is a rock solid sleeper.

I haven't experienced any other unusual occurances, at all. Just this wierd "dream" or whatever the heck it was.

Thanks everyone for your replies.
edit on 1-3-2011 by iandh because: added some info

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Do some research on the Pineal gland. when we/humans are born into this world. after a certain time the fetus developes the pineal gland. which at the time of development produces high amounts of melatonin (which is also when the sould/spirit comes to this dimension). also when a human dies the pineal gland produces a rediculous amount of melatonin. birth and death is when the pineal gland is most active. our pineal gland has and always will be connected to the spiritual world. its the only part of our brain that is exposed on the outside. all of the experiences ive read here seem to be very true and in fact you were in another dimension. this all goes back to creation and life with evolution. do some research and you will see. the human body is one of the most amazing things to me. also look into fluoride. why is fluoride in everything? it puts a protective coat over our gland to keep it functioning properly or the way it should be functioning.

to some this might have sounded vague. but im at work and dont have much time to type at the current moment. if your interested do some research and you will see.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by HispanicPanic
Do some research on the Pineal gland. when we/humans are born into this world. after a certain time the fetus developes the pineal gland. which at the time of development produces high amounts of melatonin (which is also when the sould/spirit comes to this dimension). also when a human dies the pineal gland produces a rediculous amount of melatonin. birth and death is when the pineal gland is most active. our pineal gland has and always will be connected to the spiritual world. its the only part of our brain that is exposed on the outside. all of the experiences ive read here seem to be very true and in fact you were in another dimension. this all goes back to creation and life with evolution. do some research and you will see. the human body is one of the most amazing things to me. also look into fluoride. why is fluoride in everything? it puts a protective coat over our gland to keep it functioning properly or the way it should be functioning.

to some this might have sounded vague. but im at work and dont have much time to type at the current moment. if your interested do some research and you will see.

When you have more free time would you mind posting or sending a u2u of some links to websites about the flouride in our food and how it relates to the pineal gland? Ive been researching this since i read your post and have found some interesting articles on it, but i would love some recommendations.

new topics

top topics

join