It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wal-Mart worker burns self to death in parking lot

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Wal-Mart worker burns self to death in parking lot

archive.chicagobreakingnews.com...

A 58-year-old Wal-Mart employee who said he "couldn't take it anymore" lit himself on fire in a parking lot near the Bloomingdale store where he worked late Thursday night and was later pronounced dead at a hospital, authorities said this morning.

In an interview, his son said his father went to work last night with nothing seeming out of the ordinary. "This had nothing to do with the economy. I want to make that clear," he said, adding that the family may never know the reason for the public
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 1-3-2011 by DimensionalDetective because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
This is a strange and very sad account, which thus far has left those within this person's circle, both family and work scratching their heads.

Why would a man who seemingly appered to be under no duress to his his own son nor co-workers suddenly kill himself in such BRUTAL fashion out in front of everyone? Doesn't exactly fit the standard profile of most suicides. There must be more to this story than appears to meet the eye...

Very heartbreaking no matter what drove him to take his own life in such horrific fashion.

archive.chicagobreakingnews.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 1-3-2011 by DimensionalDetective because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
oh crap !!!
this is not good.

This is how it started in Tunisia.

thanks for the heads up
star & flag

can you say Manchurian Candidate ???

edit to apologize for not reading the article.
i thought this was breaking news and it
was from an article in 2009.
my apologies

maybe the mods can move this out of current events
since it really isn't, which is what threw me.
edit on 3/1/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Unfortunately psychotic breaks don't always make sense and the signs of mental illness are often overlooked by loved ones, or hidden by those suffering from them.

The only person who really knows what was so wrong with the deceased that he'd take such extreme measures is probably the deceased himself.

Sad story.

~Heff

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Bad news for the dudes family ,2009 article ,should be some answers around probably even a name

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Either you are being highly factitious or are attempting to connect a random occurrence from 2009 to the current political and social strife in the Tunisia.

From the news article, we can only assume he snapped or broke down for some reason...as there is not much information within.

Either way, to connect it seems like a very long stretch.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
A sad story, yes, but not exactly "breaking news" is it?
Archive from 2009.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

wow such denial from his son

In an interview, his son said his father went to work last night with nothing seeming out of the ordinary. "This had nothing to do with the economy.

This had nothing to do with the economy? i think it played a role people just dont kill themselves if they have a job, but it seems he might have know of a layoff thus couldn't take it anymore he killed himself.

I wonder his son is denying the economy let me guess defending obama?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Instead of setting fire to these (AT LEAST) , he kills himself...
F that...
no sense whatsoever!

S.ROBSON WALTON 19.7 BILLION $
JIM WALTON 20.1 BILLION $
CHRISTY WALTON 24 BILLION $
ALICE WALTON 20 BILLION $
HELEN WALTON 16.4 BILLION $

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
People are surprised that working at Wal Mart could drive someone to burn themselves to death? Sheesh I am tempted to do that anytime I have to just shop there when I can't find something anywhere else...

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
When it comes to suicide in most cases there are many things left unsaid unless the person leaves behind a note.

A lot of people who take the unfortunate route of suicide do not express their feelings and the pain they have and I think in most cases if they did people could help them realize that things can and will get better.

Recently two people who I was friends with decided to take their lives. One person was someone I have known since we were both 6 years old and none of his friends or family (myself included) noticed any signs that he may be feeling the way he did and he certainly showed no signs of being someone who would take his own life.

I am in my mid twenties and both of these people were also... I think a lot of people my age feel overwhelmed with the way that things are going right now. A lot of people I know have college degrees and no work and are struggling just to get by. Add other issues like relationship and social problems and some people just can't handle it.

In any case I hope anyone who has feelings of pain that they feel they can't bare will seek help and advice from friends and family.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

wow such denial from his son

In an interview, his son said his father went to work last night with nothing seeming out of the ordinary. "This had nothing to do with the economy.

This had nothing to do with the economy? i think it played a role people just dont kill themselves if they have a job, but it seems he might have know of a layoff thus couldn't take it anymore he killed himself.

I wonder his son is denying the economy let me guess defending obama?

As for "the economy" YOUR AMERICAN ECONOMY , maybe asking GEORGE W. BUSH , SR. JR, OBAMA or for that matter ANYONE OF THE PRESIDENTS THAT FOLLOWED JOHN FITZGERALD KENNEDY !
You could also ask them WHY DIDN'T ANYONE OF THEM USED THE EXECUTIVE ORDER 11110 ever again after John Fitzgerald Kennedy!
You americans should be more united as a people , because there is a WAR betwen YOU as a people/sheeple and THEM as "leaders" /CRIMINALS!
Your country is going to go very hard down/destroyed by YOUR BELOVED LEADERS!
Remember :
"UNITED WE STAND , DIVIDED WE FALL! "
Maybe you can still change something...
Although I highly doubt it...

www.john-f-kennedy.net...
"With the stroke of a pen, Mr. Kennedy was on his way to putting the Federal Reserve Bank of New York out of business. If enough of these silver certificats were to come into circulation they would have eliminated the demand for Federal Reserve notes. This is because the silver certificates are backed by silver and the Federal Reserve notes are not backed by anything. Executive Order 11110 could have prevented the national debt from reaching its current level, because it would have given the gevernment the ability to repay its debt without going to the Federal Reserve and being charged interest in order to create the new money. Executive Order 11110 gave the U.S. the ability to create its own money backed by silver.

After Mr. Kennedy was assassinated just five months later, no more silver certificates were issued. The Final Call has learned that the Executive Order was never repealed by any U.S. President through an Executive Order and is still valid. Why then has no president utilized it? Virtually all of the nearly $6 trillion in debt has been created since 1963, and if a U.S. president had utilized Executive Order 11110 the debt would be nowhere near the current level. "

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by TV_Nation

"Permanent solution to a temporary problem"
Suicide is never the correct solution, in my opinion, and I am sorry to hear about your friends. I too have known several who have made this choice.

However, I do have a question.

he certainly showed no signs of being someone who would take his own life.
You say he didn't show the signs. What are the signs of someone capable of taking their own life? I think that everyone is capable of it, and there really are no standardized signs from those who actually want to accomplish this. The people who show, what some might take as the common signs, are the people who are actually looking for help and not entirely convinced that suicide is the solution they will choose.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
This is indeed very sad, as are almost all suicides. I find it incredible that someone would do it in this way though, its so horrific and especially traumatic for the family to have to identify him and know what he suffered just prior to death.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

From the article....
At least 10 people, including some teenagers, witnessed the suicide and several attempted to help the man by throwing their coats on top of him in an effort to put out the flames, he said.

"He said he didn't want any help and threw the coats off," Sater said.

When one of the first officers tried to speak to the man, who by that time was severely burned, he responded, "I just couldn't take it anymore," Sater said, citing the officer's report.

The man "enjoyed his job and living in the 'burbs," his son said. "We were getting ready to redo the front lawn." He added that his father had no health problems."

Wow on fire and still threw the coats off that is very strange because the pain should have been so unbearable he would have wanted the fire out suicidel or not you would think.
And can a son be this out of touch with his father when he lives there too?

"

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
It's like something out of The X-Files.......

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

No they are saying this article is 2 years old

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

In an interview, his son said
"This had nothing to do with the economy. I want to make that clear,"

What a curious thing to feel the need to say.

"Yes, my father killed himself yesterday. Burned himself alive at his job site. BUT IT WASN'T BECAUSE OF THE ECONOMY!!!" How about those mets?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by leaualorin

Instead of setting fire to these (AT LEAST) , he kills himself...
F that...
no sense whatsoever!

S.ROBSON WALTON 19.7 BILLION $
JIM WALTON 20.1 BILLION $
CHRISTY WALTON 24 BILLION $
ALICE WALTON 20 BILLION $
HELEN WALTON 16.4 BILLION $

REPLY: Yeah.... that's the ticket. Let's kill those and other self-made millionaires who achieved the American Dream, provide jobs and sign paychecks, and pay for about 70% of our taxes. What a bitter, non-intelligent excuse for a human. Wait.... he's a Wal Mart employee but he works somewhere else?

Those who actually succeed in committing suicide, or make a serious attempt, have serious mental issues that never before became evident or had not been addressed by a professional.

edit on 1-3-2011 by zappafan1 because: Added content

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Hmmm. This sounds like the ELF waves sent out over the store by Walmart mixed this poor guy up, or just mind controlled him into doing it. I know Walmart is doing this, I have 3 1/2 ounces of Titanium in my lower back, and when around electronic low frequency microwaves the metal gets hot, uncomfortably hot! I can only stay in a Walmart on payday for 30 minutes. Late at night, and on regular weekdays I think they turn it down, it is not so obtrusive.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join