It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Price Of Your Privacy -- How Much??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Whats the price of your privacy - around 3 $ a month actually. Check out this site - surley this shouldnt be allowed?

or did i miss something

Yes i know nobody has any privacy from the government etc. . but on this site it seems to me at least you can just type in a single name/email address/phone number or a username and it pulls up all sorts of personal information.Seems to only work in the USA for location. But everything else seems to work for me at least and im in the U.K, and i was only using the free part... the 3 $ a month apparently grants you upgrade and access to see all sorts.

What do you think?

NOTE. If i look like a Tool for this post, i honestly dont mind but i just think it shows how much information about you is on the internet eh?(not that i was gullible about it, but when its right in your face its still a suprise)
www.spokeo.com... is the link ...
Peace

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I wouldnt pay for this, according to that site I live with my sister in a parking lot in New Jersey
, I wasnt even old enough to have an adress when I left that state.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by FrancoUn-American

ok thats good to know , i checked out a few people i know and it pulled up pictures of them up and the social network sites they were using, pretty much all of them, had some basic info, a lot of what could probably be found on google i suppose but with a lot more filtering.

just thought it was a bit dodgy : )

Peace

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by johngtr

It might be different in in different countries? I dont know, but I searched alot of my family and friends and the information was typically wrong/outdated

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
That can only find details, that you (or someone ) has put on the web already. now once something is put on the web, you lose the privacy immediately as anyone can see it.

So if you don't want details of you being found don't put it out there.

Also much of it is B.S. It "found" me by email on 40+ social networks and I haven't registered with any of them. I guess after I paid, it would say "not found". Also by showing samples of pictures, it would seem to mean that it has found pictures, which will be shown when paid, when in fact there are no pictures to be found (for my account).

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by kaleshchand

I understand a lot of what you are saying to be true, although when i checked the pictures, it didnt just show sample pictures , it was pictures of me , my missus and my actual friends.

new topics

top topics

join