It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A word to the America haters.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Hi ,I'm an American.If you're from another country,You probably hate me.I'm not sure why? I certianly don't hate you.In fact chances are your country gets aid from my taxes.You don't have to say thank you, it's not expected.We Americans want to help everybody.Why?Because we care about the rest of the world.You know the world who hates us.But that's how we Americans feel about the rest of you.But we are the common American, you know the ones who foot the bill for everything.

Now our government,they're the ones who cause all the trouble. They meddle in other countries affairs and start illegal wars,But that's the way they are,we lost control of them long ago.I'm sorry about that ,but if you can tell us how you maintain control of your government then maybe we can regain control of ours.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by lonegurkha

First off the rest of the world can learn from America, but the way to regain power would be to overthrow the government or riot against all there bull sht policies. Or everyone can live off the grid and watch the government try and sustain a non existent population.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
What makes you think that the US gives aid to most other countries?

The US and European banks seem to be getting other countries into debt which they can never repay, and that is far more than any aid provided to them.

If the US really wanted to assist, perhaps it could cancel a few bad debts. It seemed to have the resources to throw money at bad debt within its borders last year.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

I'm not American. I don't hate American's or any other nationalities. My mom brought me up to not generalize people.
In fact, I don't even hate the USA. Do you know how many medical innovations came from the USA that saves countless people all over the world each year? American muscle cars are the most badass cars ever built! I m not in position to critique your government, just as I would expect you to show the same respect to mine.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

Yes we did the federal reserve just printed some up and presto problem solved.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I'm not American, I'm British, and I hate my government nearly as much as I hate yours! You're spot on the money with your assessment- ordinary people no matter what country they hail from are okay, it's our governments that cause all the trouble and get people killed in ridiculous wars.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

I'm in America and I don't like it that much. Then again I don't know how much I would like living in another country either. And I don't think all foreign countries hate us. Today I was talking to some dudes from central africa. They spoke french and I asked them how they liked america compared to where they lived. They said it was much better because you can do more things and there is more open space.
edit on 28-2-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by CholmondleyWarner

Thanks for getting my point I appreciate it very much.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

And as much as I agree with you on your points, here is a chart outlining just some of the monies paid out to foreign countries in fiscal year 2009. Mind you, this is just a very very small part of the money the US pays out in various and sundry ways.

Fiscal Yr 2009 - US Foreign Aid

So yeah, we are good at getting into financial troubles but let me remind you of one thing...... we could have no influence over ANYONE's government and or banking system unless said country 1st gave us the opportunity and their collective OK by their silence. Every country's leaders had and continues to have the right to tell us to shove it...and I for one am just wishing someone's government will do just that.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Nah, Americans are fine. Your government on the other hand, is absolutely nutz. Whackadoodle type nutz.

Our government isn't well controlled by the people, but with our system, if the winner of the election doesn't win enough ahead of the others, the opposition gets some say in how things are done. We can call an election at any time, as long as he is in this type of minority government. No one has attempted that for a while, because Harper might get in with a majority vote, which means the opposition loses some of their leverage over him. Then he could turn into more of a dictator than he is, yes, he hides a lot, and dictates lots, but he's way better than what you guys have down there.

Another thing about Canadian politics, is our elections don't start years in advance with months and months of election bickering. We call an election, and it gets done fast. People figure out who they want from who's running, and they're in office in a couple of months, and it also costs a lot less money than USA elections. Paper ballots get counted, and on election night, we know who's in by bedtime.

We got lucky with this world recession, because our banks are very well regulated, and also with mortgage rules that say mortgages cannot be sold to another holder, unless the homeowner says OK. We also have strict rules on income needed to purchase houses, with proof of income, and rules on how foreclosures are done, legally. Plus before he was a politician, Harper was an economist, so he knows money well. He was even on CNN once giving advice, a couple of years ago, but no one down there listened.

If your government was smaller, less complicated, and listened better to the people, things might get done. They've gotten too big and powerful, and it's getting full of politicians that aren't smart enough to do their jobs efficiently. It's run by corporate sponsors, who don't have people's interests at heart. Foreign policy is about bribery to control.

Our government has a lot of problems too, but after watching lots of American news, they're getting less noticeable. After watching the republicans and democrats "working" to make America a better place, Harper is looking better and better.
I never thought I would ever say that about Harper, lol. It isn't Obama that's the problem, I don't think, it's all of them, the senate, congress, repulicans, democrats, all of them combined. None of them seem to be able to agree on anything, and they fight just for the sake of fighting.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Double. I didn't even post yet, it posted itself, twice, so I guess I'm done babbling

edit on 28-2-2011 by snowspirit because: Double posted.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

Please feel free to double post me anytime,If you are gonna post something as well spoken as what you wrote.You are correct and the two party system is broken I keep telling people that they are two factions of the same party.They squabble over semantics and even less important matters.Big government is something that the founding fathers were worried about and wrote controls into the constitution .But those controls have been negated and I don't think that they ever concieved of the big business lobbies and the amount of money they have avalible for bribery.I've always thought it odd how elected officials strangely get rich while in office.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonegurkha
In fact chances are your country gets aid from my taxes.You don't have to say thank you, it's not expected.

Funny, my country has started to give extra aid to yours. You can say thank you.

edit on 28-2-2011 by Dendro because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
okay, well im going to take the bait.

What you're talking about is a national stereotype. Now the problem with stereotypes is that they are normally very far off and often insulting to the average (maybe?) member of the nation in question. Stereotypes seem to be earned over a very long time and often reflect the greatest number of individuals shared opinion/joke regarding the said nation. For Ireland it is still always a case of the leprechaun joke or the pikey stereotype. For France the baguette or the fact they are grumpy bastards always unhappy with their lot. As a British man it is equally as bad if not worse, we are seen as miserable non emotional people who always want to conquer or manipulate our way to success.

I would say that for America it seems they are currently going through a sterotype change. As a youngster in the 90's, America was a golden place, where all the magical things like coca cola and mcdonalds came from. I remember it was very hard to hear a bad word said against the country, maybe there was still a fallout from the wonderful and hoset things its leaders did for the entire globe in the mid twentieth to late 20th century. however at some point global opinion changed and now the previously gentle giant with its woderful innovations is being seen as a monster, its ego unchecked swinging chunks through the globe either in a desire to be the best or still desperately hoping to be loved.

the anger i see and sometimes admit i feel myself is that America itself as a majoriity has not got over the aforementioned golden era. At the same time the US made other countries think it was a golden place of oppurtuniity and a brilliant innovator, it did it to its own citizens.

The world is fast moving and quick to spot faults across borders, unfortunately each individual countries citizens are not always aware of the impact its nation has on smaller or larger nations beyond its borders. Consequently the national identity can sometimes and more often fall behind the world stereotype.

Americans are fat, stupid and arrogant. is the stereotype i hear the most, even amongst the most well read people I know when they are casting a joke. harsh i agree and clearly not based on historical fact. however that is not the issue, and unfortunately all stereotypes do stem from somewhere whether accurate for the entire nation or not. The feeling i get is that their is a lot of uninformed Americans who perhaps do eat too much, do still believe their own goverments hype that they are the most brilliant nation that has ever existed on the planet, despite refusing to question why other nations might have good reason to dislike them.

So I say stop with this nationalistic bull#, all im seeing from the continuation of this thread is further support of the stereotype. Stop looking at it as us vs. them and perhaps as just an us. Or even please take the line at the bottom of the post which i believe somes up the stereotype and analyse it and disprove it for yourself most importantly but do it with honesty, hell alternatively lets turn this into a post sharing sterotyped view of other nations im sure each country has its own version of others, just remember it might hurt now, but in 100 years it may be no different to being called a small magical man in a green hat with an obsession for gold and four leaf clovers. (miles from the truth but hurtful still to a few of the most nationalistic

Americans are fat, stupid and arrogant.

edit on 28/2/11 by MediaMonkey because: crappy laptop typos

edit on 28/2/11 by MediaMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Even the other day, I was watching CNN, and Wolfe was saying that Huckabee wouldn't be running yet, and that if he did decide to run for 2012, he would be waiting for a few months because he "could not afford it". The money that gets wasted the way the elections there are done, could be so much better spent.

I can't tell if they even want to fix the system though, because so many of the things down there that are happening, just the way the government is doing things, looks like they're really trying to break the whole country. Cutting education. Putting Michelle Bachman on an intelligence committee.
I think I even heard that when the budget was done, they forgot to include interest payments, although that could have just been the news people stirring things up too, they seem to like that. Ratings.

There's people up here, that are waking up to "what if" type scenarios, wondering why, what, when, and how. No government handles money the way the US is right now, unless they expect it to all fall apart for some reason. I heard rumors before about the US dollar ending in the last quarter of 2012, and it makes me wonder. But it was just a rumor, I think...
I don't know, it just doesn't make any sense. It's kind of scary.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MediaMonkey

Thanks for your opinion I appreciate everyone who expressed their fair opinion.However only a couple of folks have understood what I was getting at.This post was about the people who american bash in nearly every thread on this site that even mentions america in passing.I just wanted them to know It isn't the american people it's the government and we have as little control over them as you do over yours.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
thanks loneghurka, I appreciate that your post comes from an honest place and I too was posting in the hope that those same people might consider what other people think of their own nation and peoples. Ultimately I think it is all tripe and hope most can rise above it as simple juvenile name calling. I would also say on an english site, predominantly American it shoul be expected that the easiest insult to throw is one that might hit the largest majority. Hope my post didnt come off inflammatory or insulting in itself, definitely not what I intended.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

You're OP dripped with arrogance.

Someone beat you to this thread.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Dendro

Not arrogance.....sarcasm.

new topics

top topics

join