It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Genetically Modified Foods Good For Us?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

In the early 90s the Agro-Chemicals-Multi Monsanto introduces genetically modified plants onto the market, which is the equivalent of an agricultural revolution for some that will solve all the world’s food problems. Others view these plants as an irrevocable destruction of bio-diversity on this planet that needs to be fiercely combated.

Scientists under Attack - Genetic Engineering in the magnetic Field of Money TRAILER

It has been going on for quite some time that corn and soy has been genetically messed with. When cows eat the modified corn then the cows change. Scientist are coming forward to warn people of the dangers of genetically modified foods.
Share your thoughts and any information of where people can still buy naturally grown fruits, and vegetables as well as natural fed live stock.
Why is the government allowing foods to be genetically modified without proper studies to make sure it is safe for consumption?

US Consumers Have Been Given a False Sense of Security About the Safety of Our Food Supply

You may have heard the FDA and food industry claims that genetically modified (GM) foods are safe, properly tested, and necessary to feed a hungry world. UNTRUE! Genetically modified organisms (GMOs) are one of the most dangerous and radical changes to our food supply. These largely unregulated ingredients found in 60-70% of the foods in the US, are well worth the effort to avoid them.

Read more here...
www.seedsofdeception.com...
edit on 28-2-2011 by hawaii50th because: (no reason given)

Lots of exported foods are GM
www.healthfreedomusa.org...
edit on 28-2-2011 by hawaii50th because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
The big con is that in years to come, Monsato and the other parasites can make huge profits from selling the drugs humans will need to cure and treat the ailments from the unseen (by us) problems GM crops could produce.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
What does this have to do with ancient civilizations?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

So, it's to sell us more drugs to treat the ailments and disease that GMO foods causes in humans. That's just great. Could this also be a way for population reduction?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Did they find an ancient GMO agenda in the Sphynx?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DemonSpeedN

It wasn't suppose to go under that subject, mods if you can move this thread to the right place please, much appreciated.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawaii50th
reply to post by nerbot

So, it's to sell us more drugs to treat the ailments and disease that GMO foods causes in humans. That's just great. Could this also be a way for population reduction?

Under the guise that they are trying to address the problem of feeding more and more population.

Yup! makes sense. Kill 2 birds with one stone. 3 if you count oodles of profit.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by hawaii50th

In answer to your question as to if this GMO technoloy can be used for population control, according to this article... it can and already is. Here is an exerpt from that article:

GMO crops have never been proven safe for human or animal consumption. Moreover, they are inherently genetically ‘unstable’ as they are an unnatural product of introducing a foreign bacteria such as Bacillus Thuringiensis (Bt) or other material into the DNA of a given seed to change its traits. Perhaps equally dangerous are the ‘paired’ chemical herbicides sold as a mandatory part of a GMO contract, such as Monsanto’s Roundup, the most widely used such herbicide in the world. It contains highly toxic glyphosate compounds that have been independently tested and proven to exist in toxic concentrations in GMO applications far above that safe for humans or animals. Tests show that tiny amounts of glyphosate compounds would do damage to a human umbilical, embryonic and placental cells in a pregnant woman drinking the ground water near a GMO field.13

One long-standing project of the US Government has been to perfect a genetically-modified variety of corn, the diet staple in Mexico and many other Latin American countries. The corn has been field tested in tests financed by the US Department of Agriculture along with a small California bio-tech company named Epicyte. Announcing his success at a 2001 press conference, the president of Epicyte, Mitch Hein, pointing to his GMO corn plants, announced, “We have a hothouse filled with corn plants that make anti-sperm antibodies.” 14

Sourced Article

Nice, huh? If you read the entire article written you will start to see the link between Monsanto, Bill Gates and of course other 'elitist' family names. The sad thing is that it's not just Monsanto... but other well known names as well....

Monsanto, DuPont, Dow, Syngenta and other major GMO agribusiness giants are reported at the heart of AGRA, using it as a back-door to spread their patented GMO seeds across Africa under the deceptive label, ‘bio-technology,’ a euphemism for genetically engineered patented seeds.
Source is the same article as above.

It is getting increasingly difficult to find non-GMO foods, but for me and my family there just is no other choice. I refuse to allow that non-sense crud into my body nor into the bodies of my family members.
edit on 28-2-2011 by MyMindIsMyOwn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I'm starting feel like there is no light at the end of the tunnel. I'm always telling my kids to make good choices in the food they buy and stay away from the big store outlets when buying groceries. Like you say, it's getting harder.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

I hear ya.... and it has to be even more difficult for you with children involved. But I plant a garden every year using only heirloom seeds from non-monsanto distributors that have signed the safe seed pledge. When my garden 'comes in' I freeze some but can the rest for longer term storage. This way I know exactly what I'm putting on my dinner plate. I also made some friends at the local farmers market and have outlets to purchase free range chicken and beef that have been raised on feed and pasture land that has not been treated with any of the chemicals and hormones that the meat in the grocers are. Yes, it costs a little more for the meat but it is worth the peace of mind.

Keep up the good work. Don't get discouraged. If you do, then they have already won.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Some scientist are coming forward to warn of the harm genetically modified foods can do to the human body. They are also coming forward to inform of how live stock can be changed from being fed genetically modified feed.
But we also have fools out there that go around branding all scientist as committing evil acts in their work to poison the population. Not all scientist, and biologist are caught up in the greed, and evil agendas of the elite.

These forums contain a few different types of people, some are hear to learn and discuss, and share, some are here to judge, some are here to ridicule, some just aren't willing to see the truth and just deny the facts when it's right out in plain sight. And then you have those that come to steal and misinform.
It amazes me, this forum is not a competition, there's no money or gain of any kind to be made. Yet there's always the egotistical maniac that comes and craps on the floor and stinks up the place, those are the ones that were never taught honor. It brings light to see and understand clearly why society is so screwed up and that why and where we're heading. Those that are that way walk in the dark, and try to lead many astray.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

I agree that not all scientists are out to do harm, and it actually seems to me that there are a great many now that are coming out in opposition to more commonly heald ideas on issues like GMO food being safe and even the whole global warming theory. The unfortunate thing that I see about the 'whistle blowers', if you will, is that the scientists that are coming out against popular beliefs are being branded as lunatics and weirdos therefore making their study results fall to the wayside going unheard.

As for this forum? Well, its just a cross section of the world at large. I think that there are some on here that just want an arguement for the sake of arguement. I also think that there are some on here that just want to be heard because the world, such as it is today, has taken their voice away. For those folks this is the only outlet they have for some of the things they have been feeling for a long time. Sometimes that makes folks a little bitter and angry. Then there are the ones who honestly enjoy the exchange of intellectual ideas and debate, and there are quite a few of those. I've learned more in my short time here than I have in years of researching subjects on my own.... and it's those people that keep me coming back.

So for the one's that 'take a dump on the floor and stink up the place'... I usually bypass their postings, but every once in a while those people have a valid point too and you can learn from them as well... even if what you've learned is to stay away from them.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MyMindIsMyOwn

I see that as well, scientist coming forward and being railroaded, and sometimes even losing funding, and going as far as to black ball as well.

Yes I get your meaning, I'm that way, I want people to see what is really taking place around them, and to wake up.
But it's not that easy to do, especially when there is some that I think come into a forum like this to cause dissension, and try to spread misinformation on purpose to side track the efforts of those that want to inform and share information.
The main thing is if you reach just one it is worth it to continue.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
nature food is good.Genetically Modified Foods are not good.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
GMO Foods are the results of many years
of research and testing. But not the testing
you think I'm talking about.

Alien Abductions

and when our species hits another stagnant
level of development in the future, then another
round of testing will occur and a different plan
implemented to fix it.

Consider GMO Foods to be similar to a patch
update to your Windows 7 Operating System.
Except it's for human DNA.

edit on 3/9/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by MyMindIsMyOwn

Well, sadly if you shop at a grocery store, chances are you end up with far more GMO in your diet than you realize. GMO products are not labeled, and Monsanto has even sued small dairies for stating their milk is GMO free, and won.

So, it seems that this evil corporation, is getting stronger and stronger.

I am not a Christian, but if I were, I would begin to suspect that it will be a large corporation such as Monsanto that in the end will be the Antichrist, and not a single person.

The only way we will stop this, is if we had the largest uprising ever seen, even then I suspect that this corporation is in control of too many politicians.

Harm None
Peace

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Although GMO and pesticides may have some negative effects on our bodies, i have never seen in the news "PERSON DIES FROM EATING GENETICALLY MODIFIED APPLE!" or the same with pesticides. In fact, if it wasnt for these things, 3ish billion people, would be starving and would likely die. We would only be able to supply enough food for 4 billion people using purely organic agriculture. I would rather be slightly affected by GMO's and pesticides, than have 3 billion people die.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
In any case, I would like to avoid foods that are "fiddled with". I feel much better when I eat foods that are organic in nature. Not just physically better, but the peace of mind that I am eating something more natural.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDebunkMachine
Although GMO and pesticides may have some negative effects on our bodies, i have never seen in the news "PERSON DIES FROM EATING GENETICALLY MODIFIED APPLE!" or the same with pesticides. In fact, if it wasnt for these things, 3ish billion people, would be starving and would likely die. We would only be able to supply enough food for 4 billion people using purely organic agriculture. I would rather be slightly affected by GMO's and pesticides, than have 3 billion people die.

Wohoo! found another one of dem disinfo people!

I c a l l B S on your post. That was the line given to people to get GM crops approved, guess what? All those people are still one meal away from starvation, now they are just more broke. GM crops don't add a single vitamin or nutritional advantage over normal crops(indeed the opposite is true as GM crops are harder to metabolize).

The only thing GM crops do is allow for more dangerous pesticides because the safest and most effective pesticide was banned because it was too cheap to make.

I wonder how you sleep at night knowing you prostitute your mind out?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by korathin

Originally posted by TheDebunkMachine

Wohoo! found another one of dem disinfo people!

I c a l l B S on your post. That was the line given to people to get GM crops approved, guess what? All those people are still one meal away from starvation, now they are just more broke. GM crops don't add a single vitamin or nutritional advantage over normal crops(indeed the opposite is true as GM crops are harder to metabolize).

The only thing GM crops do is allow for more dangerous pesticides because the safest and most effective pesticide was banned because it was too cheap to make.

I wonder how you sleep at night knowing you prostitute your mind out?

My My Mr. Sensitive, personal attacks and whatnot, well maybe if you actually researched instead of thinking everything was a giant conspiracy to kill you so that you can make yourself feel important, you would know that GM did not save the lives of 3 billion people by adding nutrients, it was because due to the modification, it allowed crops unseen to certain areas to be grown there, therefore increasing the amount of food that could be produced by allowing crops to survive harsher conditions and different climates.

I wonder how you sleep at night knowing you arent capable of simple research and deduction.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join