It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is the most frustrating thing to me now and must stop ....

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by xFloggingMaryx

So you do not care that you were deceived lied to ? That the US Constitution is being shredded? and your from Boston Mass? what do the Founding Fathers think? yes i know there are dead but the Spirit remains alive. no wonder we are going you know where fast.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

Not sure what you mean.

People are free to do as they will.

What I was saying is a marriage has always been between a man and a woman.

Lets keep it that way.

If gays want to get married so be it. no problem. I can give to hhots.

What I want to reamin the same is the status qou.

Lets stop changing things just be cause it doesn't fit with what is blowing in the direction of the movement on any given day.

Please if I have offended I appologize to all.

I am sick of everyone trying to change the rule.

its like playing kick the can.

Nobody can run free who is caught until /unless the can is kicked.

Some would like to say well I saw the can so that means everyone can run free.

Just stop changing all the rules.

They are rules which were put into place for a reason. If we can all agree that they require change well pass legislation to change it then.

You dont decidie well I like this and I don't like that .

TFB

My 2 pennies.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Marriage is a religious Act.

No Government on this soil has legal authority to regulate religion. Obama's a Constitutional Scholar, he knows this.

Secretly he's against Gay Marriage. It would destroy his Navy. If Gay Marriage is legalized everyone of our service members would marry their buddy to get out of military barracks/chow to get paid extra to rent a home and buy food.

Gay Marriage would double the pay of our military. There would be no way to prevent abuse, straights would use it to make more money.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocky Black

You know there are always people when you play a game with them they come up with there own rules.

Well lets follow the rules until they are changed through the process which was founded by the founding fathers.
nuff said.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin

Well that was changed wasn't it.

And yes they were.

If they were not you woul;dn't be on here writing this crap.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

THE constitution is DEAD. WE THE PEOPLE means WE, THE PEOPLE OF THE ELITE. to everyone else, the constitution is dead. WE the people are slowly loosing our freedoms, thus the constatution is dead. The piece of paper is only as good as the laws that defend it and they are almost gone. A new defender of the faith needs to step in and guard the peoples rights. OH, WAIT. is that me and you. The best of the good life, is behind us now, it's really over, for good. A snowball headed for hell.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod

So you do not care that you were deceived lied to ? That the US Constitution is being shredded? and your from Boston Mass? what do the Founding Fathers think? yes i know there are dead but the Spirit remains alive. no wonder we are going you know where fast.

You mean "deceived and lied to"? And as for that... what on earth are you referring to? Who's lying to me? The government? No kidding! But there is nothing I can do about it, except to be intelligent enough to distance myself from what these so called "lies" are. Anyone can be lied to, the problem is people are stupid enough to believe the lies. Of course, all of this is hypothetical, since I have no idea what you are referring to when you say I'm being lied to.

Now lets proceed to the next rhetorical question that you threw at me: About whether I care that the US Constitution is being shredded. Well, it's not being shredded, silly. It's just being ignored and reinterpreted.
The problem is that our constitutional freedoms are being squelched in order to protect us from ourselves. We have become a nation of idiots and the government feels that they need to be there to protect us since we don't know any better. THAT'S what I care about. And honestly, considering the people we democratically vote into power, we probably are idiots... but that's a whole other topic.

Next question: Yeah. I am from Boston, good job!

What do the founding fathers think? I don't know, I wasn't there. But I believe they are probably spinning in their graves. I'm aware that practically everything the founding fathers stood for is now being sh*t on. And the America that exists today is so contrary from the founding fathers' initial vision that it's not their America anymore. Depressing, I agree.

But as a 21 year old college student, who'll be graduating with a bachelors in philosophy and theology and whose degree has concentrated on the subject of death... American politics isn't my strong suit.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocky Black

Newt Gingrich has outlined grounds for initiating impeachment hearings against the president for violating his oath of office.

Newt sure has a penchant for initiating impeachments unless it is his gang breaking the rules -

I am tired of the BS here, maybe it is time to take it to the streets after all...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius

No Government on this soil has legal authority to regulate religion. Obama's a Constitutional Scholar, he knows this.

Secretly he's against Gay Marriage. It would destroy his Navy. If Gay Marriage is legalized everyone of our service members would marry their buddy to get out of military barracks/chow to get paid extra to rent a home and buy food.

Gay Marriage would double the pay of our military. There would be no way to prevent abuse, straights would use it to make more money.

Wow, I actually never thought about that before. I'm completely for gay marriage, since I know more loving gay couples than I do straight ones... but considering how humans just LOVE abusing the system... I could kind of see this happening if gay marriage was legalized.
But I highly doubt that every male service member would just run out and gay marry in order to make a little extra money. I mean, people aren't that fickle, are they?
And that is really saying something about the kind of people you think join the military... assuming that they are all the kind of people who would blatantly lie about one of the most important human traditions (marriage) just to get a few extra kick backs? I mean, come on.

Wow, that post just took a 180. At first I agreed completely, then I thought about for a second... and well.... that's ridiculous. xP

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Not sure what you mean.

...awww, c'mon, you're not gonna play the clueless card, are ya?...

...uh-huh... here comes the flip-flop...

Lets keep it that way.

...and, there it is, right on que...

...reamin?... your freudian slip is down around your ankles...

Lets stop changing things just be cause it doesn't fit with what is blowing in the direction of the movement on any given day.

...your view on marriage is not the oldest, not by a long shot, nor is it the only right one just because its the only right one for you...

...good, bad or inbetween - nothing stays the same forever... everything changes sooner or later... change is the one thing everyone can count on...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain

But please do not call it a marriage.

You are all in a snit about semantics here.
Why not just lighten up a little and not ruin other peoples lives if you can?

Like this verbiage allows you some righteous indignation.
And then you can take it a step further and ruin peoples lives with your personal umbrage.

People really ought to be better at picking battles.
For the sake of what a word means to you, deny two people who love each other a right guaranteed others who oftentimes love each other less? Look at divorce statistics. Meanwhile statistically Lesbian lovers stay together forever.

Here here! I completely agree. What the hell is the problem with letting gays be married? There are far worse things to worry about. Tell you what, if America doesn't want them tell them they can come to Australia! It'll make the mardi gras an even bigger party!
edit on 28-2-2011 by BoneMosaic because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-2-2011 by BoneMosaic because: typos

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
It is a common straw man argument to suggest any repudiation of the Constitution is a form of disrespect or being unpatriotic. The Constitution was meant as a cohesive framework or blueprint for democracy. It is both fluid and adaptable. In my mind THAT was the brilliance of our forefathers to allow the provisions for change. Ergo: Amendments.

Although the principles and ideals remain sound to this day there is no way our forefathers could have imagined the technological advances that shape our country today. Things that don't flex tend to break. I often dust this image off to refute those who rigidly cling to the Constitution and foresake any compromise. It is a medical saw. Today, we have lasers. It is meant as a metaphor. But I doubt anyone would opt to have it employed on their next surgery out of nostalgia.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cf97ef549225.jpg[/atsimg]

Only to add I find it troubling that some would use the Constitution as a faux shield against same sex marriage since the entire document was crafted in the spirit of tolerance and equality.

My .02¢

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by heydude

Thanks for your reply.

Sad day in deed.

Whats next our right to have sex in our own home.

Don't eat this because it is not good for you. But hell ya take the jab of toxins that may or may not kill you.

I can determine what is good and not good for me thanks you very much.

Your job is to listen to me and do as I day.

I goverment for the people and by the people.

This hasn't happen for over 80 years.

Time to clean house.

oh ya cant do that because the elections are rigged.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

Star for you red thanks for your comments.

RB

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks

Not sure what you mean.

...awww, c'mon, you're not gonna play the clueless card, are ya?...

No, but try to be a little more concise with what your asking. Are you asking a question or just rambling on?

...uh-huh... here comes the flip-flop...

Hows the erb your smoking. John flipping Kerry. He is the only flip flopper I know.... LOL

Lets keep it that way.

...and, there it is, right on que...

Are you kidding me. What, you keep quoting absolutely nothing and saying oh there it is right here here it comes ooohhhh boy ....lol

...reamin?... your freudian slip is down around your ankles...

Type o I dont read what I type I just type and go.

dont really care either.

...your view on marriage is not the oldest, not by a long shot, nor is it the only right one just because its the only right one for you...

Oh here you go bringing your rule to the game of slap jack.

I get to slap all the cards I want because that is my rule and if you dont like it I'll call mommy . MOMMY come here he is cheating. LOL

...good, bad or inbetween - nothing stays the same forever... everything changes sooner or later... change is the one thing everyone can count on...

Oh really.

keep your change.

Change is something that comes to those whose lifes are in a downward spiral.

That would be yours.

I hope you like your change.

I notice alot of you huggers are taking off your bumper stickers. I guess your ready for some real change...

Change I can belive in.
LOL

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

I'm all for the gay thing I mean.

What ever ceramony yiou have and want to call it call it a cerimony of love and commitment but please do not call it a marriage.

That is between a man and a woman.

If you're "all for the gay thing" then calling a marriage a marriage shouldn't bother you in the least.

While you're hung up on such trite grievances as to the definition of marriage you're overlooking the astonishing fact that the government is currently dictating which consenting adults can freely enter into contracts based on their genders and behaviors.

Do you want a government with that kind of power? Are you willing to allow them that power because of your interpretation of a word's definition?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius

No it isn't.
It's a legal act and always has been.
Many marriages occur at courthouses with no involvement of religion whatsoever.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Thanks for your post...

Keep up the good work...

And I could not agree more.

Sad but true.

I was born 1971 and it is amazing how so many things have been changed. like for instance. The video cameras which are at the points of entry to each city.

This sickens me to no end.

All these citys were so quick to grab the federal funds with the stings which came along with it.

Can I place cameras up outside on the street pole to make sure the police are not speeding and are obeying the laws that they swore to uphold. Oh know that would be a felony wire tapping law. But they can do it to us and tape us in our cars. What if I lean over and give my wife a kiss. To think there may be someone in there taping that # freeks me out .

RB out

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

I think it is more to prevent people like criminals from defrauding the system to obtain health care and other social benifits like SS and medicare.

Well Johny if you and I get married then you can get health insurance under my plan. But we are not gay.

So what I dont care.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

I notice alot of you huggers are taking off your bumper stickers. I guess your ready for some real change...

huggers?

It's people like you with the filthy language and nasty insults that are turning this forum into a stinking cesspool of absolute filth. If you hadn't noticed there are young folks that visit this site and like to participate but it's people like you that want to spoil it for everybody. I hope you are happy now..."potty mouth" You owe the members of ATS a great big apology and I just alerted the mods... Just so you know...

And for your information there are some on ATS that want to marry their pet lizard. It's really none of your business.

edit on 1-3-2011 by whaaa because: sarcasm you betcha

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join