It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In less than 90 days, you will be "REQUIRED" by Federal Law to carry a "National ID" card.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
ok i dont see the big deal... although it is intrusive, its been with us for awhile now....your passport is chipped

my point being we didnt riot then because we needed our passports to do business, so we got lazy and rolled over and let em take our privacy away... i would say it is a good idea to get an rfid reader and run it around your house.... you may be surprised.
edit on 28-2-2011 by CaDreamer because: more info

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegoods724
Is there any word on who is getting the contract to make these things, CHINA? Can they even make 300 million of these in 90 days?

Probably the same company in thailand that makes u.s passports for the state dept..
No worries give it a week and the blackmarket lads will be churning out u.s i.d cards along with the usual assortment of passports and identification papers used by a number of countries.. Go to the right places you can get anything - as long as you have the dosh...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by alyoshablue

I was thinking the exact same thing. Then I'll use it to wipe my a$$.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I hope every American and anyone else who cares about freedom will remember, when they try and declare the constitution void, no matter by what reason they use, that they do not, and never will have the authority to do that.

So, even when judges and presidents claim they can usurp our freedom and declare unjust laws or whatever, just yell a loud and resounding "No!" Never comply with unconstitutional laws or politics. Especially not some RF tracking ID card.
edit on 28-2-2011 by alienreality because: spl

link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

I'm in the southern part of the dreaded Illinois, in a small town. I spent most of my life in the big city. So I like it here. It's peaceful for the most part. Although we seem to have our own micro-nwo here.

I've been pulled over in this town, and not even asked for my license. You won't see that in the big city.

link   
The Ironic thing to me about all of this is while growing up right outside of Washington, DC my friends and I routinely were looking for the best fake id to buy alcohol and get into bars. The best fake ID we had found at one time was the "National ID" . It had "National ID" posted on the top of it with whatever state you wanted to say you were from listed as so "National ID : Texas" or "National ID : West Virginia". They had a legit holigram, and the guy who made them had the state colors for each state available. He actually used to make comments about how his IDs would one day be how everyone was identified and we would laugh and get out as soon as we could because we were just teenagers at the time. To me I think thats kind of weird and a bit coincidental that i heard that from a fake-id maker in the heart of DC ( right on O Street). Anyone else ever get this fake id when they were a kid or am i the only law breaker in here? haha

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by heydude
oh, my, god. This is exactly like a prison planet. If you pss them off, that means that they will be able to deny anything. Where you go, what you eat, buy, anything. I do not think that mirowaving the chip will work either, because if the chip do not work , then you get deny of priveleges to get anything or go anywhere without some cop asking for some id if he, she stops you. talk about, control. that is to it's max. In other words, if you do not do what they want then they can deny priveledges. Meanning, to buy food,cloths,housing,flying or going anywhere. Your rights just all flew out the window on this one AMERICA. I'm new here and all i find is this madness. OH, MY GOD.

Wow! kudos somebody gets it! Its not just a drivers license or Social security card but that's the argument they'll use. once they get you under one readily accessible file system and number they can turn your number off or just opps accidently transpose the last two for dissentand , you no longer exist.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

Well said, 46ACE. And if this ever gets through, even incrementally, thats exactly what will happen. One mouse click will make you a non-person.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I can not belive that people think this will stop ilegal imagrants.
what you need to do is scan the haed of the FBI's card.
make a copy. and go get info on UFO's.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Well, if push does come to shove and we get these things forced into our pockets we could always shop here

www.idstronghold.com...

or here

www.tamperseal.com...

or here

www.rfid-shield.com...

or here

www.thinkgeek.com... and www.thinkgeek.com...

Or we can make our own RFID wallet. Now it says to use foil to block the RFID signal

www.rpi-polymath.com...

www.instructables.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

rule
extends the enrollment time period to allow States determined by DHS to
be in compliance with the Act to replace all licenses intended for
official purpose with REAL ID-compliant cards by December 1, 2014 for
people born after December 1, 1964, and by December 1, 2017 for those
born on or before December 1, 1964.

The above quote is from the Federal Register Online. It seems we still have some time left.
edocket.access.gpo.gov...

Additionally those born prior to Dec. 1, 1964, will not be required to obtain a Real ID-compliant license until 2017, a move DHS says reduces the estimated compliance cost to states from $11 billion to $3.9 billion.

And here is another link confirming the 2014 and 2017 deadline.
www.govtech.com...

edit on 28-2-2011 by kennylee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Wow-maybe Alex Jones isn't crazy after all....
I think the GPS aspect of it is what bothers me the most....

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by thegoods724

The federal government could not sharpen 300,000,000 pencils in 90 days, let alone create individualized cards and get them properly distributed.

I am 100% against such a card, but if the government can gets its act together and get me one in 90 days, I will wear it around my neck in a lanyard
edit on 28-2-2011 by dolphinfan because: spelling

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

The new cards, disguised as a uniform drivers' license, will be biometric. Each card will store up to a gigabyte of personal data about the card holder AND will contain a GPS tracking chip---so that means the government will know where you are at all times.

Sweet, gitterdun

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality
I hope every American and anyone else who cares about freedom will remember, when they try and declare the constitution void, no matter by what reason they use, that they do not, and never will have the authority to do that.

So, even when judges and presidents claim they can usurp our freedom and declare unjust laws or whatever, just yell a loud and resounding "No!" Never comply with unconstitutional laws or politics. Especially not some RF tracking ID card.
edit on 28-2-2011 by alienreality because: spl

That is so very right! People by the millions need to start saying no. There is no violence in that.
(then again, be prepared for some shills to start violence so everyone else gets punished).
But definately NO will help knock some of that filth right on their arse...just imagine all the folks saying no and cutting the elite off from their free jet fuel, suits, gas, cellphones, etc...I would love to see them suckers run around in a state of pure panic. Guaranteed they will panic. and especially the banks when folks take their money out and say now to high interest, fees, etc. I just recently made my bank crap their pants when I closed ALL my accounts and removed ALL my money --- then put it all in a smaller, much friendlier bank. he he

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I see a new market in black-market ID's.
My name will be Charlie Sheen.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Sh!t i''l just fry the chips in it like the other poster has said or just rig my wallet with aluminum foil to make a farraday cage.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by alyoshablue
First thing I do when I get my card is stick it in the microwave and fry the chips.

Just for a second though, they burst and catch fire along with the antenna, trust me.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

We have until 2014 and 2017 until these cards come about. See my above post for links...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by kennylee

Thank you for mentioning this again. If the law isn't changed, the states don't have to issue these cards to anyone for almost four years and in some cases, almost seven years. Here is the paragraph from the rule.

DHS has determined that, based on TSA incident report data it has
reviewed, that a logical dividing point for age-based enrollment would
be fifty years of age. As a result, the rule requires the States to
focus first on individuals born after December 1, 1964, when issuing
REAL ID cards. These individuals will be under fifty years of age on
December 1, 2014. DHS has determined that deferring the REAL ID
enrollment requirements until December 1, 2017, for those individuals
born on or before December 1, 1964, will relieve the States of some
operational burden associated with re-licensing their license holders.
This provision will enable States to extend the enrollment of this
lower-risk population until December 1, 2017.

Also, I'm still waiting to see where the GPS claim is supported. The best I've been able to find is that the Enhanced Driver License, issued by four states, has an RFID in it.

I'm no longer frightened, but I will be if someone can support the GPS claim.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join