It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In less than 90 days, you will be "REQUIRED" by Federal Law to carry a "National ID" card.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddio
reply to post by Klassified

Look up the definition of "required" and then look up the definition of MANDATORY. Required is to "ask or insist upon by VIRTUE of law". There IS no LAW only corporate policy, and TPTB can shove that up their idiotic backsides!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Interesting point. Seems like I remember reading somewhere that the word police means "policy enforcer". Not sure how accurate that is, but if it's true, quite interesting indeed.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Seems like you've done a fair amount of reading on this Bekod. Thanks for adding your info to the thread.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by donkeystyle

This is sick. I guess they can track all the problem makers and assasinate them more efficienctly.Is this the Soviet States of america now?

Praise Mao!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by alyoshablue
First thing I do when I get my card is stick it in the microwave and fry the chips.

You obviously don't think things through.

When and if you got asked to produce your ID and the chip didn't scan, you would automatically bring a whole load of grief your way.

Questions, questions.

You are then no longer a regular citizen but a SUSPECT.

I hope for your sake you would be completely guilt free and would be able to continue about your business after only a few hours of detainment, and don't forget that you would volentarily be adding yourself to a list for future consideration.

If you were truly smart you would fight this BEFORE it comes into effect, not after.

I understand you comment, but like I said, you need to think it through and see the bigger picture. Better not to carry the card at all if anything.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

your welcome, yes i have, i worked at one of the RFID sites and i did not like what i had seen nor heard and this was back in the 90's, and yes i signed one of them forms, i can not say what was seen nor heard but that does not mean i can not point to the things out there, and by 2015 well let,s just say 1984 is not fiction. well not all of it.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I always wondered if the Chinese or Russians built a missile to "ping" our military pilots RFID on their ID cards. They don't have to hit the F-22, just get close enough to "ping" the RFID on the pilots ID card to read it's data.

Then give it to hackers and have the pilots home foreclosed, bank accounts closed, arrest warrant issued....even before he landed.

RFID's are bad. Mkay? REAL ID Act is a joke. Especially when the EMTALA Act exists forcing our hospitals to give 100% free healthcare to illegal immigrants....bankrupting hospitals/states.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Except your Social Security Card isnt supposed to be used for anything (officially) except social security business - not for identification....but everyone wants to know it when you apply for a job or credit, etc........Maybe they should change the name and combine NATIONAL id with social SECURITY and get NATIONAL SECURITY card (make everyone feel "special" like they have some kind of national security clearance to be issued it). Since they are watching this site I wouldnt be surprised to see the new name adopted (altho Big Sis will want HOMELAND in the name).

edit on 28-2-2011 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
well TPTB can go ahead and arrest me.
I just became an outlaw. Guess I'll
have a nice cozy cell at that FEMER
Camp.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I wonder how they plan on people getting these cards? We all know they're too cheap to buy them for the people. With a driver's license the incentive is to get the card so that you can drive
, but with this, what is the incentive? I'm betting they'll try to sell it as the latest technological thing, or link it to the credit/debit cards would be the smartest thing to do.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
Won't happen.

Too many states are against the REAL ID act. Many of the newly elected Governors are against it. Many people just do not have IDs, and we cannot require them to carry one. I hope some idiot does ask me for ID sometime when I am not driving.

Yeah, it will be like Obama's Health Care project. The States will deny it. I hate the idea, but we need something to stop the invasion from our southern neighbors, maybe this is it.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
If you are still confused as to the REAL ID act read this www.absoluteastronomy.com... i hope this clears it all up to late to fight it, it is sad when you ring the bell but no one listens and calls you...well paranoid, when in fact you can see the writing on the wall.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Well if this is implemented, there is nothing saying it is certain, then I will just continue on as I always have. With no identification, some argue it is a little naive and you should always have some form of ID with you, well while this argument does have strong legs to stand on I do not see for what reason exactly should I have to carry any form of identification.

Nothing within our constitution has changed requiring us to carry personal ID and there is no reason for me to do so, then why should I? Before the Social Security card and your Drivers license what forms of identification did you carry around? I presume none, unless they were absolutely needed.

So as I have always done, I shall continue on my way without any identification, regardless of what some illegal law has to say.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

well if you want to take a flight but a firearm or apply for a job that has to business with the GOV then you will have to get a REAL ID news.cnet.com... sadly this is from 2008 FAQ: How will Real ID affect you?

By Declan McCullagh
Staff Writer, CNET News.com
February 7, 2008 4:00 AM PST

Read more: news.cnet.com...
so you see the GOV has you in 1984, 2017 is the final do date.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
Looks like the moment we've all been waiting for may be here. The National ID Card! Don't leave home without it! (If you know whats good for you, that is.) You'll need it ready to show your friendly local Gestapo agents anytime, anywhere, anyplace. Comes complete with its very own tracking device, and all of your personal info they can fit into a gigabyte of space. So don't delay, get your new serf card today.

I'm wondering if this can and will be connected later on to the "Internet ID". One size fits all.

In Less Than 90 Days...

ETA: Here is a link with info from the DHS site: Real ID...

Is this the kind of act that could spark a revolution?
I for one am not for this, but will the everyday Joes leave work
early t go get their new card?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I guess the Mark of The Beast has come.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
My sister-in-law works for the DMV, in a very 'intitled' position. Not your average branch or office manager. Anyway, she is always more than forth coming with regards to what is going on, and coming up, with DMV. I asked her if she had heard, or knows, anything about such 'new' identification cards and it was a resounding 'no'. There are 2 things I am positive of. 1. if this were true, she would know. 2. If this were true, she would tell me, my wife.

Having said all of that, I would be VERY supprised to see anything like this happen anytime soon. But clearly will not rule out the possability of future usage.
edit on 28-2-2011 by HomeBrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by HomeBrew

Thanks Homebrew. It's always nice to hear from someone who knows an inside source. Maybe you could ask her to keep you posted, and in turn, you could keep us in the know.

I still think they're going to settle for some kind of compromise with all the states, but we'll just have to wait and see, I guess.

ETA: Now that I think about it. A false flag event might just be the thing to push this on to an unwilling American public.
edit on 28-2-2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by PaidDisinfoAgent

Is this the kind of act that could spark a revolution?

A good question. I've begun to wonder what it will take to get us Americans to take to the streets en masse.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DirtyStinkyRabbit

Pilots licenses have the chip now . The paper license is no good anymore .

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Facial recognition surveillance is already being trial tested at large sporting events and News Years in Times Square and we are unaware of the intrusion. Iris scanning and fingerprints can't be lost like a National ID Card can.

Where do you live, because many places (NY and FL) I have lived you already had to have "legal" or "police" ID and at least $5 or $10 in cash in your pockets or else you could be arrested for LOITERING.

I think 9/11 was a multi purpose attack on Americans and American freedoms. It involved mechanisms larger than any one Nation, acquisition of oil, Iraqi artifacts, and revving up sufficient anger to start a couple of wars and move some of this military technology, weapons and defense we had gathering dust. An industrial stimulative side effect is a much needed boost in the sale of "security" systems measures and protections....another dying industry that peace kills.
The wary climate leaves people vulnerable and makes them CONSUME in a panic and support war, whether they have reason to fear or not.
The fear driven climate is perfectly suited to unobtrusively chip away at individual rights and freedoms. Strangely enough you might even make people rally around and thank you for it. Scary indeed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join