It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA Call-up for drill in April: New Madras Fault

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I just received information to "stand-by" around April for a one-time phone call to deploy for this drill. No warning, no preview, just the call to test readiness and response time for team Members. We do this occasionally, but this is a 1st for the area, and timing is a bit strange.

Still, even so, as a FEMA responder, Ill always pass what I know, when I know it.We gotta take care of ourselves.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Thank you. This is much appreciated. It's always good to know what these guys are up to ahead of time when possible. Please keep us posted. S&F!

BTW. You may want to change your headline to New Madrid instead of New Madras.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Thank you for the info. Just 1 question.
Why is the timing odd?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
The timing is not really "odd". It's a major anniversary for the event. It brings it to the forefront again. And is being used to help show what the area effected might be and what kind of preparations would be needed.
I think it's a great idea. Had similar planning been done should a hurricane hit Louisiana, think of the problems that would have been eliminated.
The real problem is we don't know the when, nor even the where these disasters will hit....except in areas affected by the NMF. When and if it comes, perhaps help for those involved will be better managed.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by stars15k

Actually, FEMA did make plans for New Orleans. A year ahead of time. Didn't work out any better than if they had done nothing, IMO. This is just one article related to it. They also had a FEMA booklet years before that listed this as a possibility. Wish I could find it. If I do, I'll post it in the thread.

Last summer, having identified a hurricane hitting New Orleans as one of the gravest potential disasters faced by the US public, the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) staged a mock storm scenario and brought dozens of government agencies together for planning.

Last summer being 2004. Fema Planned...

edit on 28-2-2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Wasnt the original NLE11 (2011) New Madrid Exercise scheduled for May?
Moved up a month....???

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
Wasnt the original NLE11 (2011) New Madrid Exercise scheduled for May?
Moved up a month....???

May was what I understood. I wonder if this is a test the month prior to when it is actually scheduled or if the schedule has been advanced due to current events.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

DHS/FEMA/CERT Refers to it in plural MADRAS-Fault, and other times MADRID-Fault . Both are acceptable, and refers equally. I believe it refers indifferently to all the tiny faults along it. Meaning "those that are considered part of the New Madrid Fault-line(s)"

Anytime I get any info...Ill be shooting an arrow this way. Hey. It may be the only heads-up you'll get!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
So what is this for? Is there going to be a huge curry disaster or something? As long as they stock up on toilet paper they should be okay - oh wait...ohhh earthquake. Ah, I get it now.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

"This" is for Disaster Prepardness for the Team members in case of...or the event of...an Emergency Disaster situation. Would you have us perform NO training?

If I was in your neighborhood during one...I bet dollars to donuts you'd run to me for help...because I'd be the one there to give it...and still...I'd be the last one they load onto the train for the FEMA camps! That, I expect...

new topics

top topics

join