It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How To Remove Flouride From Water?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Hi everyone!! I'm a long time lurker but I've made the leap of faith and registered!

I have a question - I'm under the impression that rain water will be free of most [if not all impurities] as it's formed by distillation in the first place. Is this a correct assumption or have I made an error?

If this IS the case then it strikes me as a lot cheaper to collect rainwater and boil it [to sterilise] than it would be to buy equipment [if you don't already have it in your shed/garage that is!].

Thanks for reading - take care.....

EDIT: I just spoke to a guy who's pretty clever [unlike me!] and he pointed out that rainwater will have absorbed particulates from the atmosphere that might be a little nastier than flouride!!
edit on 28-2-2011 by dobberington because: I spoke to someone far cleverer than me!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by dobberington

Welcome to the 21st century where even rain is full of fluoride... ever heard of chem-trails? well that poisons he rain as well.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Distilling water with take EVERYTHING out of it...leaving pure H2O...which, apparently can slowly leach chemicals from your body, like calcium....But, there's a fix, all the water needs is some soluble minerals to make it perfect to drink, simply putting a washed eggshell in the distilled water would to the trick!

Building a Still is EASY....basically you have two containers...connected by a tube....heat one container filled with 'dirty' water, by using sunlight or direct heat.....the super clean water will build up in the other container (helps if it's cooled but not necessary) ...don't forget to add that eggshell to the empty container....

BTW...what the eggshell does is add trace minerals back into the water that your body needs...i.e Calcium, Magnesium and Potassium....
edit on 28-2-2011 by arrus75 because: add

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by iLoGiCViZiOnS

As far as an exact number of ppm on junk reduction, i dunno but i know it is better than any other source.
If you are worried that it removes the needed rocks and grits, pass it through a carbon filter pitcher afterward.
And as fo an instructable, none is needed, i just hook a standard 3/8 copper bendable tube to the pressure regulator nipple.
Mine just slips right on no modification, easy peasy.
Then just route the tube into a holding jar, bowl, tank Etc. no mystery at all.
The copper can be gotten from any hardware store, it is quite common.

Hope it helps.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
link

The EcoloBlue 30s Atmospheric Water Generator extracts humidity from air and turns it into 99.9% pure, delicious drinking water - quietly, efficiently, and without plastic bottles... and now, enjoy the invigorating taste of the cleanest sparkling water on Earth!

I am sure you can find one cheaper with a little search.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Distilling water would take TOO long! Youde actually have to place an appointment* just to drink the distilled water! and thats in ozs..most likely not gallons. its technically a good thing, but could take days or weeks just to produce a few gallons at most ide imagine.
better to jsut get an electric distiller...reminisant of a coffeee machine ina sense. of course, if yuor off the grid, youde have to find or make an electrical source of equal voltage then.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
WARNING

You can't drink ONLY distilled water...

Originally posted by arrus75
Distilling water with take EVERYTHING out of it...leaving pure H2O...which, apparently can slowly leach chemicals from your body, like calcium....But, there's a fix, all the water needs is some soluble minerals to make it perfect to drink, simply putting a washed eggshell in the distilled water would to the trick!

Building a Still is EASY....basically you have two containers...connected by a tube....heat one container filled with 'dirty' water, by using sunlight or direct heat.....the super clean water will build up in the other container (helps if it's cooled but not necessary) ...don't forget to add that eggshell to the empty container....

BTW...what the eggshell does is add trace minerals back into the water that your body needs...i.e Calcium, Magnesium and Potassium....
edit on 28-2-2011 by arrus75 because: add

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Nice post S&F.

I also think it's important to cleanse the water we drink. It's obvious to those of us educated on the subject that flouride coats the pineal gland with calcium in effect dumbing us down.

I have drank only bottled water for the past 10 odd years but i am concerned on the environmental effects of this as the plastic bottles do little to help the environment.

Anyways.. coming across your post i thought id search youtube and came across this helpful litlle device.
May be of interest, i will be looking into one for myself soon.

Cheers.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Another way to cleanse the pineal gland for those of you interested is with the use of Sandalwood.

I am still researching this properly but i would reccomend looking into it if you wish to clear the calcium build up from your "acorn"

edit on 28-2-2011 by nakiannunaki because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
A still seems the best way. But you use a lot of heat to get the water. =money.
To build a still use a pressure cooker. Attach a long copper tube.
You can get small tube. But = money. You set the heat very low.
And it’s best to have the tube in cold water. Running water is best.
I have used this with Lavender in water to make a sore of perfume.
Made the house smell grate.
you could heat your home at the same time!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Flouride in the water would be the last of my worries. Many areas of the US have flouride levels that occur naturally that would be higher than a municipal source that adds it in.

Finding potable water would be job one. Dysentary would be the next worry IMHO

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by buddha

I think this is a great cost effective idea and so far it seems to be one that will fit me. Thanks for the tip! However what about the comment that was made that we are not supposed to drink distilled water all the time and that it is bad for health? Any comments on that one buddha since you seem to use this method?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Anyone here got a dehumidifier? They are used to reduce the humidity of the air in your house/cellar etc. What they do is have a refrigerator and a heat-sink. Basically the warm room temp air is sucked in over the heatsink which is cold. The moisture from the air condenses on to the heatsink and drips down in to the tank below.

Mine fills up with about 3 litres of water in 4 hours. Correct me if I am wring, but that would be pretty clean water as the vapourising has already taken place to get the moisture in to the air in the first place, so all you are doing is condensing it.

Now add your egg-shell to the dehumidifier and Robert sure is your mother's brother!

P.S the wife says it makes for great ironing water!

Olleh

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Olleh

I guess a dehumidifier would work as long as you have something to catch the steam, good thought.
The eggshell however would have to be in your catch jar, as the vapor will be pure h20 no eggshell.
I just post filter through a pur pitcher, that adds the gritz and rocks you need.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
4 stage reverse osmosis filter.

Last cartridge in the filter re-mineralises and alkalises the water.

When no power to run the filter - I'd be setting up lots of tupperware containers outside upside down, with the lid open slightly at the bottom. Once an hour i'd go outside, flip them right way up quickly, then all the water droplets that had been forming from the humidity would come together. Pour them all into 1 container. Repeat.

Unsure if that will work outside of australia (or where it's not #$@#% humid all the time)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
You can remove Flouride from your drinking water by using a 5 stage reverse osmosis water filter. The cheapest one I could find is on this link. About £150 usually about £400.

www.easyh2o.co.uk...

The reverse osmosis system with its 5 stages of filtration will remove the following unwanted contaminants from your water (%):
Sodium 99
Calcium 99
Magnesium99
Potassium 98
Iron 99
Manganese99
Aluminium 99
Ammonium97
Copper 99
Nickel 99
Zinc 99
Strontitan 99
Cadmium 99
Silver 98
Mercury 98
Barium 99
Chromium 99
Lead 99
Chloride 99
Bicarbonate98
Nitrate 97
Fluoride 98
Silicate 98
Phosphate 99
Chromate 99
Cyanide 95
Sulphate 99
Thiosulfate 99
Ferro cyanide97
Bromide 98
Borate 50
Arsenic 99
Selenium 99
Bacteria 99
Protozoa 99
Amoebic Cysts99
Giardia 99
Asbestos 99
Sediment/Turbidity99
Perfluorooctane Sulphonate (PFOS) 99

Or look at this link. Its about Black Mica which can be used to clean water and re-purify it. If the water is drank it will remove all chemicals that have built up in your body and calcification that causes arthritis, also cures aches and pains. Its a very interesting webinar that not many people know about. You'll be glad you watched it.

www.kacperpostawski.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I'm really enjoying this thread on purification. To help further the discussion on distillation, I would recommend reading this site:

www.artisan-distiller.net...

While the are more about distilling spirits, the same equipment and principals can be used in water purification.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I got a triple water filtration system from Here

The fluoride filter needs to be replaced after about 10,000 gallons of filtration, and the other two every 20,000 gallons. It only comes out to a few bucks a month, so seems to be the best way to go.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I like Flouride it tastes minty

Ok seriously I think the amounts that are put in some water are less then you would find in some mountain areas. That said I think that there are about 10,000 other ways that we polute our bodies and are being stripped of our mental abilities.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
You are aware that nature has floruide in it too?

Spring water contains flouride, from the earth.

Small amounts most likely but you can still get flouride in spring water.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join