It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4.7 earthquake in Arkansas at 11pm CST

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

I just saw this on twitter and thought I'd post it here.

Why is the weather channel now monitoring earthquakes in Arkansas? Something we should know? Is this more of the New Madrid fault?

Did you know Allstate has stopped selling coverage to people in coastal areas of va and md? Wonder how long before you can't get insurance against earthquakes in Arkansas...

Www.twitter.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

After Katrina, we checked into getting flood insurance with Nationwide who is our home insurance company. We were told that you have to go through FEMA to actually purchase flood insurance and that is quite a long process to do so. It can take months to get a reply and find out if you've been accepted.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   

notice how close the latitude/longitude is within each of them...
edit on 28-2-2011 by rstregooski because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by rstregooski

If you take a look on this page of the Arkansas earthquake swarm thread you will see a map posted by puterman that details the locations of more than the ones you posted.

A little more digging into that thread and you will find an enormous amount of research surrounding the situation.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

Yes.. I saw that picture earlier. It just doesn't contain much data....

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
For an area that isn't used to the shake rattle and roll, that is a pretty good size quake.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

Cool!!

Yep...the local news is saying that it was felt in Frayser, Raleigh.Bartlet. downtown, Walnut Grove and the staff in Baptist Hospital

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I closely monitor the current situation with earthquakes all over the world. I have heard about the New Madrid fault zone. I hope the big one is not coming but the recent news make me think that something is on. I'd like to contribute a little bit and put some quite interesting links that I have found recently on the net about it.

www.aolnews.com...
www.huffingtonpost.com...
www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I live off walnut grove and I felt it here in Memphis, have to say things are looking kinda grimm for my town. There was a mlgw group over here last week checking on methane levels all around my neighborhood, they do it every year but it's usually in the summer, and they had a police cruiser parked there the whole time.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Memphis is next !

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Over 100,000 birds died in Arkansas.

Still don't think the magnetic field had anything to do with it?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join