It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If aliens invaded us. Would you fight for your freedom or prefer to live as a slave?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I read a whole lot of threads about how a alien first contact could possibly end if aliens decide to invade us. The scenario in this thread is pretty simple. On a sunday morning the world gets attacked out of nowhere. Most of the major cities like New York,Tokio,Hamburg,Rio de Janeiro are hit by huge explosions and vaporized in seconds and all hell breaks loose. The war has ended before it even began. Now the aliens attack with their ground forces.There is only 25% of the world population left. You are one of the survivors and there are some soldiers near your position who still hold some strategic points against the invaders.The aliens begin to rounding up people and put them in slave camps. Now it´s your turn. Are you fighting for your freedom and your very existence or do you just give up and live like a slave?

Short facts: Yes our projectile weapons can hurt and kill them. They are far more advanced but very fragile so they have to wear exoskelletonsuits to survive in our atmosphere. No a cold won´t kill them.

Surrender is out of the question for me because i´m struggling every day and it would need alot more than a alien invasion to break me. I don´t have any military experience but i know how to use a gun so that won´t be a problem. Organizing food,water,supplies,ammo,weapons and medical equipment first would be the main objective. That´s pretty difficult to get were i live because most of our military is based near major cities and if i would plan to invade our country that´s one of the first targets i would hit. In the end i would rather die in a battle before i end up as a slave.

I´m very curious how people would react to this kind of scenario.

Ps: Don´t take this thread to seriously. Please don´t judge people who chose to live as slaves. It´s their own decision.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Perfectenemy

I'd much rather die than be a slave

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
well What an interesting post.. I think my answer would be to be a slave.. sigh.. what difference would that be? I mean were all slaves to our economies and governments as it is right?

maybe I can move up the ladder like as an over lord or gay lord or some kinda lord... sigh... SLAVE FOR ME

link   
No way in hell will I be rounded up like cattle and worked to death as a slave. I'd watch the Aliens react to the pacifist hippies non violently protesting before making my decision lol

link   
Try to survive long enough to learn their weakness, and then strike.

This topic is literally heavily portrayed in a fantastic series, starting with Way of the Wolf.

HERE

Love those books,
edit on 27-2-2011 by Tephra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by BigBruddah

your a slave now..weather u like to admit it or not..there are many forms of slavery...i think the op needs to be clear on the question.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
There is no way i would ever submit. If i were to be captured and turned into a slave i would comply but only so much as to be able to find there weakness and exploit it. I would fight till the end this is our planet

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I wonder what would happen to the Taliban or Alqueda? lol I would help the aliens kill them!!

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by darrylss
I wonder what would happen to the Taliban or Alqueda? lol I would help the aliens kill them!!

you would probabaly find al queda and other eastern forces to become the best allies,,, then we would hopefully see that were all on the same side.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by darrylss

the aliens will definitely have a hard time. Just look what the British, Soviets and the Americans try to do

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Haha, if another lifeform was able to make it to our planet, then resistance would be futile. Unless we have secret alien technology that would be distributed to us by the gov't. If not, trying to resist would be suicide, but I might give my best if they were truly evil.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Well they seem pretty good at mind control so would we have a chance? Either way I would be out there with my AR and R700 and Hershey kiss helmet. Hopefully they are here because they just want a little humor in their life.

Bill

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Since we are already slaves, imo the point is moot. But I would enjoy seeing them topple the psychopathic mafia criminals who run this world.

edit on 27-2-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I think fighting or submitting would depend on resources.
if your granted food and shelter and water, I'd bet that would be a win in circumstance.
infrastructure is delicate and depended upon.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
We sort of are slaves now. If you're talkiing shackles and whips then I would fight, if it were similar to now we wouldn't even recognize it lol.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
A couple things:

First of all, the technology aspect is interesting. Say, 100 years ago when people thought aliens lived on mars (I'm sure some still do) and the moon, there were probably groups of people sitting around asking the same question more or less "if aliens from Mars or the Moon invaded earth, could we resist them?"

I'm sure their answer back then would have been "if they can travel from planet to planet I'm sure there is no way we could try to stop them"

Now, look at firearms and other tools of war that people possessed 100 years ago, and compare that today. Today, we could travel to Mars and have traveled to the Moon. Is war technology superior to that of 100 years ago? Of course. Is it SO superior there is no possible way people from 100 years ago could defend themselves from an attack of modern day soldiers? No. Obviously the odds would be heavily on the side of the modern army, but if you leave nukes out of the equation there is a possibility, depending on the circumstances, that 100 year old armies could have defeated modern day ones, at least on the ground.

I look at that situation as being similar to Aliens being able to navigate from star to star throughout our galaxy. Maybe reaching earth is the absolute height of their technology. It seems everyone thinks if they could reach us, they must have huge fleets of star ships like in Star Trek or Star Wars. That may, or may not be the case. Perhaps they, with all of their best minds and unlimited funding could only get ONE ship to earth, and that one ship wouldn't be loaded down with every single weapon their race possessed and millions upon millions of troops.

Say, for example, we found a very very primitive culture on Mars, and mars had all sorts of natural resources we wanted. Could we invade Mars with hundreds of ships all carrying millions of troops, thousands of nukes, rail guns, high power lases, etc? No. Best we could probably hope to do in the next few decades would be to get a few hundred well armed people there, and use other more subtle tactics to take over the planet.

Maybe aliens approaching Earth would do it in the same way. Now, if they do invade with millions of troops, thousands of ships, and technology beyond anything we could imagine, THEN I would have to ask why they would need little old humans to use as slaves? One would think they could genetically engineer or clone all the slave laborers they need, or use robots, etc.

Another thing, as other people have suggested in this thread, what type of slavery are we talking about? I'm sure some could describe the way most of us live now as being slaves. We work our whole lives to make the elite rich, and at the end of our lives really have nothing to show for it. Sounds like slavery to me.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I would have to resist.

I am already a slave to my own species but to an alien species...well I could not submit.

I am after all...resistancia

take care all
res

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Another thing I thought of, if they are here to take us as slaves, that alone would give us a big advantage.

It's much easier to kill something than it is to capture it. If they want us as slaves they don't want to kill us, and we WOULD want to kill them. Whether or not that advantage would be enough to hold them off depends on what exactly their technology and numbers are.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Perfectenemy

Honestly, if I seen that resistance was futile, I would probably just off myself or try and stay hidden.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I would round up a militia specializing in capturing and using alien technology, including weapons, ships, armor, you name it. We would build up our supplies and numbers over the years, and then strike when they least expect it, over land and sea, or in the air. We would rise up and save humanity, and drive the alien bastards back into space...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join