It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Disclosure Made

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
So I was listening to a guest on coast to coast the other day and the guest made some good points about disclosure stating that is has been done...he mentioned the likes of presidesnts of pass such as Reagan, Carter and Truman not to mention Gorbachev as all to making some pretty amazing statements around UFO's. We have many branches of the military coming out and saying that they have encountered objects and you have recordings of air line pilots identify them to air traffic control.

So we see the evidence from New York and some other states that was well published by the media and we see back in the I think 90's the Phoenix Lights and we have some military brass acknowledging this stuff what more do we need or are we deep down inside doubting the existence or perhaps is it that we want to push our beliefs on other folks...this is kind of stretch but we get upset when folks bring up religious views and call it bunk but at times we get mad when maybe close friends or relatives do not share the same views of possible alien life. I guess my point is why can't some of us be satisfied with the evidence that is out there and why is it so important that others acknowledge it? Keep in mind that the acknowledgement of them may not at all help us with our oil crisis or to a greater degree a scam. If the aliens can read our minds which may have suggested why can't they contact some upstanding individuals to meet them for some impromptu picture taking. I'm not being wise with that question because they can hover for hours or in some cases days and allow all the images to be taken providing the images are real but why can't they come closer? Is it possible that the most hardcore believer has some reservations that they may not be real?

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Heard that report too.
I feel it is at least in part a cop-out - -
because

We don't have reports or photos form Area 51.
We don't have records of aircraft gun cameras.
We don't have the records of Majestic 12 or any other major cases.
We don't have a slew of know recovered artifacts and craft.
We don't have the smoking gun that we know the government is hiding from us.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

No kidding 'UFO' disclosure has been made. That isn't what most of us care about, because most of us already know that. We want to see E.T disclosure happen, if of course, there is anything major to disclose.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SaosinEngaged

Is it possible that they do not wish to be seen up close and as far as the "No kidding" begining of your statement I see quite often on here folks salivating at the idea of disclosure...I personally did not even think of one being different from the other..interesting way of looking at it...minuse the sarcasm of course..
edit on 27-2-2011 by chrismarco because: sentenced not completed

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by UncleVinny
Heard that report too.
I feel it is at least in part a cop-out - -
because

We don't have reports or photos form Area 51.
We don't have records of aircraft gun cameras.
We don't have the records of Majestic 12 or any other major cases.
We don't have a slew of know recovered artifacts and craft.
We don't have the smoking gun that we know the government is hiding from us.

I listened to this last night & though what he said has a lot of merit, I have to agree with you.

He said documents are regularly shredded without thought of the content. OK, but surely, someone would have thought the photos from Roswell, any photos, would be worthy of hiding away somewhere. Some old spook must have a box in his basement at least.

He also seemed to give up fairly easy. If someone said no, he took it as gospel & dropped that line of investigation. Not good enough really.

Again, a lot of what he said made sense, but there was enough in the interview to suggest he was misled at times also.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Was the guest Col. Alexander? I'm reading his book now and I have to admit that I always believed there was a government cover-up of aliens, not in the sense of Roswell or secret treaties but in the sense that somewhere in the government it was known for sure that aliens have been here. He makes some very logical points as to why this may not be true.

This doesn't mean that aliens aren't visiting just that the government is deliberately ignorant of it. Which I find extremely frustrating because I too want Disclosure and I fully believed that if we fought hard enough we could get it.

My personal reasons/hopes are:

It's our right to know as intelligent beings existing in the universe.
Maybe we will learn to think of ourselves as human 1st and our culture second.
Once we know something is possible (inter-galactic travel) we can re-create it.
We will have a new ceiling or none at all.
(I could go on and on lol)

Our fight for Disclosure may very well need some re-direction. Conventional Science has always been a roadblock and very possibly the only roadblock but I think we have given up this front and now it's time to tackle it again.

Whether I'm right or wrong, I should say whether Col. Alexander is right or wrong...it doesn't matter. Disclosure will not come from the government not unless proof is surrendered to them, for them to handle. The proof is in science, so how do we get science to re-examine the issue?

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Yes and after one of the replies I feel like this may have been kind of a waste of a post...didn't even think about the alien part of disclosure as an entity and being seperated from a saucer type of disclosure..it was a good point by one of the other posters..

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Why can't we be "content" with the truth/evidence already presented? Because it can hardly be declared such. It's only a half-truth being presented at any time. It is until full explanation or evidence, or better both, are provided that we will not be content, and not satisfied. I want it to be perfectly clear; the FULL truth IS to come out. I will not accept nor tolerate half-truths because that means there are many, many more lies that remain secret. I'm not resting until I'm content all lies and deceits have been exposed in the Light and all is known. People can decide themselves as they would IF evidence was presented but it's not so pointless, seemingly, to react yet. But I am to pursue truth and oppression until all is exposed and vanquished. And half-truth's qualify as a tool to the objective of the "enemy". One, in my opinion, must ask why does it matter if aliens exist? It seems, people will only do what's right when faced with a reason to... once aliens are known, then people will do what's right to build a self-sufficient and fair and peaceful world?? LOL

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Even after European explorers navigated around the world many in Europe still held to the belief that the world is flat for a very,very long time. It is called extreme skepticism, or as I like to refer to it as denial-ism. Some people just like the simple cave with it's simple shadows.

The only way to really move forward on the science front is to humiliate denialist's. View them as liars at best, incompetent morons at worst. Sadly from a historical perspective that is the only humane way to deal with extreme skeptics. Look at how hard it was to break the South of it's extreme popular racism to just pockets of milder racism.

Scientific institutions that refuse to accept the validity of the UFO/ET being possible and dismiss legitimate inquiries need to be ostracized and viewed as unscientific centers for delusional dogma. After enough time passes and people pick up on the current of things the few remaining holdouts will be in the same financial and capability to influence others as flat-worlders where in the early 1900's.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by korathin

Yeah, that's a bit of a catch 22 though, isn't it? In order for a scientist to get anywhere they have to be accepted by the main body. The main body truly believes it's utterly ridiculous that aliens are visiting. Research requires money (grants) and that main body certainly isn't going to fund anything they reject out of hand. Very, very, very frustrating.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
The bottom line is that we have no compelling evidence that aliens are visiting Earth. After decades of "research", Ufology has failed to yield a single credible case where the evidence stands up to the scientific method.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Turiddu
The bottom line is that we have no compelling evidence that aliens are visiting Earth. After decades of "research", Ufology has failed to yield a single credible case where the evidence stands up to the scientific method.

That's probably more a problem with the scientific method than anything else. Or at least the accepted one that's not been labelled as pseudoscience.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Turiddu

Science refuses to look at the best circumstantial evidence or subscribes to the theory, it can't happen so it didn't happen. One thing to consider is that proof of ETV challenges a lot of what science says isn't possible and in a sense upsets the hierarchy of Science because suddenly everyone is on a level playing field. We know that people in position of power fear and loathe level playing fields.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
My take is this, they (world leaders/governments) know exactly, who or what these beings are, and there is a good reason they're not disclosing it or ever will. Its for your own good right now.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alter-Ego
My take is this, they (world leaders/governments) know exactly, who or what these beings are, and there is a good reason they're not disclosing it or ever will. Its for your own good right now.

Yup. My take as well. Who can honestly say that they're ready to see a reptilian (let's go with that) without going into flight or fight mode. (Throwing things or having a heart attack in a weeks' time). This whole phenomenon has been demonized because people don't particularly like change. At all. Examples are Galileo suggesting the Earth is round, the South (civil war) wanting to keep slaves, the Church crucifying and burning witches/wizards.

Human instinct right now, when faced with fear, is to rape, pillage, run, hide, beat, destroy, massacre. If more people faced themselves, we could get to a point where all of mankind is ready for.. 'disclosure'.

The whole ordeal is people don't like change. They like their comfortable spot in their current lives. That's not wrong either. But at some point each and every person's going to come out of their bubble to see change isn't all that bad.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Couldnt stay awake for that show, though I tried. But check out tonight. At least it's Knapp and not Snoorey...

Will the Chinese own the Moon? Bob Bigelow tells George Knapp that if the US gets back to the moon, the Chinese will already be there.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by OneLife

The rabbit hole goes even deeper than that, but those are some valid points. Sorry people but as long as they can still control the ebb and flow of info... your not going to get your "disclosure".

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Ha, wow that is interesting twist that we control the EBE's, if that is what you meant. To whoever said there aren't credible cases to apply the scientific method to, there are some strong ufo cases... We just don't know, where the craft comes from, or really anything about it. Hence unidentified...

Disclosure will either be aliens saying hello on their own to the general public, or the military has no choice to make everyone aware for public safety if some marshal law situation were to occur.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
some beings may not be visible to us. They can exist on different spectrums of light (which we couldn't see with our naked eye). For instance, theres some photos of alien spacecrafts, that aren't visible in the normal spectrum of light. But when you convert the photo to show ultraviolet light, your able to see a space craft. What about beings that exist as plasma, or different states of being, we wouldn't be able to see them. We shouldn't continue thinking we "have to be able to see them". We dont know the full laws of the universe, so there are undoubtedly different forms of being and living
edit on 27-2-2011 by thedeadwalkk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

I think what many former presidents and generals have disclosed is that the UFO phenomenon is definitely real. They have not in the main disclosed the existence of other 'intelligent species' (although I seem to remember some senior retired military have).

So many humans have seen or experienced what we think is contact with aliens. Perhaps we ought to ask - if it isn't aliens, what the hell is going on?

edit on 28/2/11 by Pimander because: typo

top topics

<<   2 >>

join