It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Future Revolution!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Hey Guys and Gals,

I am here to talk to you about the revolution that will most likely start hitting a lot more nations in the coming years. First before I begin I would like to bring up the definition of revolution because some people may think violence or physical fighting like in Libya and Tunisia.

A revolution (from the Latin revolutio, "a turn around") is a fundamental change in power or organizational structures that takes place in a relatively short period of time. Its use to refer to political change dates from the scientific revolution occasioned by Copernicus' famous De Revolutionibus Orbium Coelestium.[1][a] Aristotle described two types of political revolution:

1. Complete change from one constitution to another
2. Modification of an existing constitution.[2]
WIKI

A revolution doesn't mean it has to be violent but it does means change by any means. A change won't happen to the constitution but a change in the ways that altered the constitution for the benefit of the government and their cronies.

The revolution that is happening around the world is going to cause a ripple affect all around the globe. I don't mean just oil prices or the stock market, I am talking about food prices and perhaps a revolution here in North America. I am mostly going to stick to America, even though I am from Canada, because what happens in America will eventually hit us here.

I thought to myself...why on Earth would America, Canada, and Europe want to revolt? Don't we live happy lives and have freedoms that other nations don't?

There will come a time in everyone's life when we get sick of trying to get ahead because we find out that we are on a treadmill and the past 4 miles were non-existent. We think we live in a "free" nation only we are not free, I don't even know where people get that idea! We have more freedom than other nations but we are not free. We are born and live to abide by the rules that are set by society but now society doesn't really set the rules anymore because the government does.

People influence the government to set legislation but one little guy will virtually have no effect on congress. Every other person is taught to think of their own lives and not to worry about what your neighbour is doing. Well your neighbour will help you fight your war if you help fight his. Even congress works like that so why can't we do the same? In congress they have a you scratch my back and I scratch yours type of policy. Us civilians have a don't bother me and I won't bother you type of policy.

We are born to a society that keeps us in debt all the time. You want that house? Credit. You want that car? Credit. You want those speakers, television, and game console? Credit. Your nation wants arsenal? Credit. You want social security? Credit. Opening a business? Credit. Well you get my point.

Not many people actually save to buy any of those things anymore. We are encouraged to spend money that we won't have until the next paycheck but by that time you forgot your bills come in on that date. And so you get stuck in the same rut trying to dig yourself out of the hole.

People are starting to get sick of being in debt and not having money to afford a decent vacation with the family. They are sick of paying the interest rate on the mortgage which ends up costing roughly the same as the house.

So why did countries like Tunisia, Egypt, and Libya start their revolution? Why did they wait so long to even start a revolution?

The media will have you believe that they had an uprising because they don't want tyrants and want to live free. B/S, this happened because the gap between the rich and the poor was unbearable anymore. Those people had no more food and no more clean water. The living standards were terrible and people couldn't feed their families and became sick of it. History has shown that when prices of food, water, and living goes up people get angry. The tipping point is usually seeing an unfair distribution of the wealth between the rich and the poor.

So why am I posting all of this?

Well I seen a nice little article on Yahoo which showed the gap in America between the rich and poor became very wide within the last 30 year span. This coupled with the increase in food prices, electricity, natural disasters, the debt, the uncontrolled government spending, 3 failed wars, the lies, the deception of the mainstream media, and the internet revolution is a brew for a social change.

Article

Here are new graphs depicting the gap increase:

It took me a couple of looks to understand it but basically the top right are the richest going all the way down.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8b1de4e6ed79.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eeb2281373d8.jpg[/atsimg]

I found this one particularly interesting because it shows the vast increase in the wealth within the last 7 years.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5ddf6b16476e.jpg[/atsimg]

Kind of funny seeing that the population is going down while the rich are going up. It is kind of ironic too that the rich started going back up after 9/11 and the poor started going down even more.

The original article comes from MOther Jones

If you go to their web-site it has some very interesting graphs such as the richest political representatives, number one being Darrell Issa worth $450,000,000.

In conclusion, I think the time for a revolution is ripe. Many people are living paycheck to paycheck and they are having a hard time paying for their houses, food, energy, pills, and they can't even afford a vacation to blow off the steam!

People can only be ignorant for so long before the turmoil bites them in the back. Schools are failing, hospitals are ridiculously priced, there is corruption everywhere, the government and banksters have their hand in our pockets, and we are slowly being poisoned to death!

Now tell me do you smell a revolution or what?!

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

I accept that i am not free but, free range.
Just when they ask me to walk up the ramp i will bite.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Equinox99, I appreciate and have reflected on what you've written about the possible reason why we, Canadians, might find ourselves in a revolution. There are other reasons we could want this revolution, one being we are tired of the government and the big corporations being allowed to do whatever they feel like to our geograpihical environment, in other words- the land we live on.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
A good O.P. It can easily be seen that credit equals debt and what humans have to remember that any money they receive be it a paycheck is not their's at all, they are only the 'holders' of monies. That includes monies they get from selling stuff from auction sites, classified ads etc. That's part of the invisable contract that is created when a human is born. The human slaves to this concept from the mis-education that metals such as gold are valuable. You are waiting for revolution that will never come to fruitation, it shall remain always as potential. It is called Hope. But Pandora is dead and the box is lost.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Thanks for the reply.

I understand that but what I want to convey is that we need to help one another in order to succeed. We have government colluding with businesses with the backing of the police and military. All we have is a lot of foreigners who most likely don't care about the political scene and only want what is best for their children.

If citizens learned to help fight with each other and drop the lone wolf acts we can get a lot accomplished for the better. If they ask you to walk up the ramp you'll bite but what if they ask your neighbour to walk up the ramp will you bite than?

Because the way I see it, if you're not going to help your neighbour fight this battle than you won't get help in return. That is known as divide and conquer.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Tindalos2013

Thanks for the reply!

What I have a hard time doing is telling people to unite, people look at me like a weirdo. But the richest family, the Rothschilds, work as one unit and accomplish more than anyone can dream. Together they have 300 trillion dollars. This is not in assets but in credit, and in our world, credit is as good as gold. We basically screwed ourselves when we moved away from tangible assets for trading to computer money. Now they can make as much of this computer money as possible, lend it, and charge interest off it.

The public got screwed through clever marketing and schemes.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
In the U.S. we are a country of consumers. The rich get richer, the poor get poorer. We are sheep. We've done this to ourselves. Everytime we go shopping and buy something not made here, we are sending our money to other countries as well as the corporated giants who are getting richer. If you shop at the stores, almost everthing you buy is imported. Check your labels, buy american and become a wolf. I've recently made the change to only buy american, it's tough I have to buy almost everything online, but the rewards are great. I feel that every time I buy something here I am supplying an American job and distributing my money to the real people who drive our economy instead of the uber billionares.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I see where you are going with this and you may very well be right.

When I started to work in the company I'm still currently employed in, 13 years ago, the executive director had 10x my salary.
Today that number is 40x my salary.

This can't go on forever, people will get enough of it eventually.

I could take it and appreciate that someone is worth 40 of me in the company structure if I felt that I myself had gotten a better life by working hard those 13 years.
But fact is with rising prices (food, oil, electricity you name it) my life has gotten HARDER then it was 13 years ago.
And I'm one of the lucky ones that still HAVE a job.

The elites are creating an unsustainable situation here, people WILL react eventually when they feel they get less and less despite working harder and harder (if they can get a job at all).
When enough people loose their homes, can't put dinner on the table, getting their freedoms restricted and their water and air polluted, even the "free" people in the civilized western world will one day rise against their suppressors...

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Tollon

I understand how you feel, now imagine how the younger generations feel. They will have virtually no SS, they will inherit a huge debt, there will little jobs in their field, high food prices, high electricity, a very corrupt government, and not to mention a multi billion dollar military industrial complex that Eisenhower warned about.

We must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex.

After 9/11 the military got a big power and financial boost.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

i agree with you and anyone who is awake can see whats coming on the horizon thats right uprisings right here in america so buy lots of water and dry foods and prepare to hold your own

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Good read and I agree on the ripple effect.

One thing to add to what you said...

"We are born to a society that keeps us in debt all the time. You want that house? Credit. You want that car? Credit. You want those speakers, television, and game console? Credit. Your nation wants arsenal? Credit. You want social security? Credit. Opening a business? Credit. Well you get my point."

We are actually inevitably in debt forever regardless of them things. The central bankers who print the money loan the money out to the banks in America with interest attached to each dollar.

So we are eternally in debt and enslaved to the dollar bill.

I learned this from one of the first videos that woke me up, and the name of the video is "Wake Up Call".

I recommend to everyone to watch. It's worth every second of your life. If you've watched anything on tv for an hour, you owe it to yourself to watch this video.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Tollon

When I started to work in the company I'm still currently employed in, 13 years ago, the executive director had 10x my salary. Today that number is 40x my salary.

At what point would the executive director pay have to increase in order for you to take some kind of action?

Just curious.

I'm one of the lucky ones that still HAVE a job.

The reason above is what prevents you and the majority of other people(myself included) from taking action. We are too dependent on corporations and Governments to take care of our basic needs.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Techyo

Yes but at one point we will have to change the system which currently is not working. People will get into so much debt that the elite will have a serious imminent problem on their hands. Sometimes an army is not enough against the inevitable.

Thanks for the reply.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Good thread 99
I like the point that revolutions don't have to be violent...
that explains the police as inciters in places like Montebello...
using violence to derail peacefull revolution

We gave corporations the rights of a person but not the liabilities....
Corporations behave like an invasive alien life form
gollums as it were...

one must be very careful because
when one throws out the old and replaces it with just a fresh face on the same old same old
it isn't a revolution...
it is a action akin to lancng a boil...
to prevent revolution....
controlled by the people behind the face in the first place...

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
It is time now for revolution. The bs has got to go.

top topics

join