It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People are gullible, the IMF is impotent!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
This has been bugging my brain the last few days. and it is a hypothetical situation, but an easy one to break into, that once in, opens up the truth of the matter that we, the people allow ourselves to be controlled and fool by toothless tigers, who in fact have ZERO power over us.

OK so currently in Europe, we have Greece and Ireland, signed on the IMF / EU bank dole (social security for you yanks), with Portugal / Spain / France / UK and even Germany following suit. let alone whats been going on on Eastern Europe. Bu that's the thing, it doesn't get reported, so god only knows

So a country gets bailed out, lets take Ireland for example. the government gets thrown out. and a new one in place.

What is to stop that country from defaulting on the loans? I mean really, what would be the consequences? a country being declared bankrupt? OK that's bad? really when pegged to the euro, what are the going to do repossess the country? Send the bailiffs round to collect and sell Dublin?

This is what I cannot get out of my head. What really would happen. if they took it to the international courts. it could be quite easily shown that the money that was loaned does NOT in fact exists, as it comes from a debt based imaginary ledger position.

So if everyone just said no!, and started trading on a local basis, and demanding commodity exchange for business trade, really what is the IMF going to do.

simple answer nothing

But instead we have succession after succession of civil SERVANTS, giving the country's (all countries) money and assets away. On who's authority, I don't remember anyone ever voting for that. But they THEY are masters at making us feel culpable for THEIR wrong doing and fraud.

So we ALL have to face the blame and take the pain for "our" actions. WELL what if WE the people decide to invoke the old law and send you the purpa-traitors to debtors prison???

How about the pain then??

Time to step out of the system, and say NO. I have stopped paying in to it (legally) and I think its time everyone finds their own way to do similar actions. as they no longer represent US.

What a fine mess we have got ourselves into

I just hope in 20 years time, we can look back at 2011 and say this was the start of the world revolution that brought real change, and where we retook out right of self determination.

edit on 27/2/2011 by JakiusFogg because: (no reason given)

edit on 27/2/2011 by JakiusFogg because: implotent??? you mean impotent!

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
there is no L in impotent

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

theres always one who points out the flaw in an impassioned rant.

aaanyway to the point

I completely agree with you JakiusFogg, the Imf could easily be stopped by our leaders but they choose not to

Western civilisation is crumbling fast but I dont think most people or govenment officials realize how fast... yet.

I give it 6 month to a year before people really start rageing and your going to see things like your posts written on posters in alleyways and people screaming it from the roof tops.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by monkofmimir

Sriously, I hope so. I have been trying to awaken people where best I can. I gave an impromptu talk at a pub meeting a couple of weeks ago. The people there were supposedly in the main, enlightened. The look on their faces of some of the FACTS I was coming out with, no matter how fundamental, was that of utter shock! What seems matter of fact and run of the mill for us here now, is nothing short of earth shaking for the sheeples. But then I think how I was when I started learning this stuff. My mind wouldn't function right for days, knowing I had been lied to all my life.

So I glad the people are waking and getting angry about it. TPTB bloody well deserve it.

And as for Implotent (now corrected) I guess you could say it is a mix of implosion and impotency!!

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
People are stupid...

and they will belive anything...

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
So here is the other part that bugs me, with all the corporate bails out, where the governments (we) took on all the bad debts. that will never be repaid, that is the premise of them being bad debts, that means the government has to pay them back. because all they did was just buy the debt off the banks on the promise that the banks will pay back the money How can the bank payback money that have been lease, sold fractionalised and invested. It GONE. the only way they can pay it back is foer the central banks to print yet more money into the system so the banks can fractionalise even more. and this devaluing world currencies even FURTHER, meaning further inflation, and more interest rises and more payments being maxde on government and private debt!!!!

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
BASTARDS!!

Seriously someone out there is laughing their arse off!! becuase they think they have us all under control!.

We should be demanding that all this debt is written off, by whoever the creditor is. they made it, they can have it. without which, this is a one way street to annihilation!

Ctrl+alt+del, isn't that what you do when a system is not responding!!????

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Think of all the things that are hitting us this year
- middle east in chaos
- revolutionary wave spreading already outside the middle east and africa
- food shortages
- job shortages
- massive, widespread government corruption on a scale never seen so openly in the west
- oil shortages even before the middle east issue
- massive rise in piracy
- Government crackdowns on freedom
- economic depression
- social stratisfication
- US trying to break their unions

all this is going to make people very angry when they walk into their local supermarket and realize all the can afford to eat is bakebeans on toast. All of the above will make food very expesive and as another ATS member said "if your take away a mans food he will eat you for breakfast."

I believe people will act but only because by that point they will be to hungry and desperate not to.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by monkofmimir

During the hyperinflation in Germany after WWI I think I read somewhere that there actually were cases of cannibalism!!

There also was a film in the mid 80's called "Eat the Rich", where a group of people opened a restaurant, killing rich people, and serving them to other rich people, and charging a ton of money for it!!,

At the time that was satire and something to be laughed at. Now I am not so sure.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

thats why I'm stocking up on food while I can, I'm vegiterian.

And I'm considering stocking up on water to incase we have any problems in the uk from civil unrest.

As soon as things become obvious people will start panic buying which will as alsway make the situation worse.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Problem is when the grocery shelves are empty: how and where do you "react"?

Do you blame the energy companies because diesel fuel is $12.00 a gallon and nobody can afford to plow or harvest or ship?

Do you go after your representatives because we have no valid energy policy?

Do you go after the middle east because they got mad and set the pipelines on fire? Just to watch the west spin in the wind?

Do you go after the "NIMBY'S"( "NOT IN MY BACKYARD"?) for opposing alternatives?
Do you go after the fed ( a perfectly legal entity approved by the congress in 1913 (?)Do you go after the "teaparty"or "left"because surely they are responsible and it provides a "vent".
Do you blindly lob a few malatovs into the crowd because its "somebodies" fault and you're "mad"?

I think you get my idea:
"The world needs an enema where do we stick the nozzle"?

Do you really want the"people" to take over the govt (by force if necessary?) Who's gonna takeover and run it ?the meanest?The most heavily armed? Hyped idiots yelling "fox lies" at everything?
Uh mr.president the North koreans have crossed the DMZ with no sign of stopping and the chinese have offered them support...
: FOX LIES!!!
SIR?
"united we stand"!
Excuse me Sir????
"united we stand"!
?

This "riot/react /revolt"( stand united) talk is extraordinarily dangerous you don't have any assurances anything will turnout the way you'd like to think. I'm 3 hours away from Madison but I have yet to see a completely convincing argument one way or the other so I'm stayin' out of it.

Like the old Richard Pryror(?) routine: " Theres' too many young black men in jail!( audience cheers and applauds) Too many! The Man keepin' us down ; So I went there . I went to the prisons; to commune with My oppressed brothers; I spent time in there; and
"Daaaayuuuum I'M GLAD WE'VE GOT PRISONS!"
Nothing is black and white.
Perhaps I think too much...

edit on 27-2-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
well why not ask the IMF and what will happen if a country/ nation defaults, will it seize assets? sell land to the highest bidder China Japan or well it go to the UK? www.imf.org...
edit on 27-2-2011 by bekod because: added link
se if this woks www.imf.org... wow 2000+ docs. have fun reading
edit on 27-2-2011 by bekod because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Considering that most country's assets have already been privatized and sold to the highest bidder, what else is there to "sieze" and sell off. I have worked for financial institutions where default means repossession of assets, and it is a long drawn out process and extremely difficult to physically get your hands on "an asset" as even in the case of default. it really is still a subjective issue. let alone if you are trying to repossess a country!!! which would be a legal nightmare for the capital holder. possession really is 9/10's of the law.

As for the post asking if real change was instituted, the question of who would take their place to run government. Question is why do we need a government? Belgium has been doing fine without it for the last 18 months, and everything still works!!

All they are are the policy makers, concerned only in making there legacy in history in the short time they are there.

Though what I am talking is real representation without corruption. Why this has to be done on a national level I do not know, when it can be quite as easily be done on a local level. but essentially now in the "developed" world we are stuck voting for the same rubbish over and over again, people who have no interest in seeing things work, and puppets to the real masters. We follow like the good sheep that we are.

Infuriating.

new topics

top topics

join