It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reptilian Pilot!? Nictitating Eyelids or Contacts?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frater210
So there are the pertinent still frames. Any guesses now?

Why are you still analyzing poor footage? Video from youtube is subject to compression, therefore a proper analysis must be done with a file/clip/source that is pre-youtube.

Get it?!

It is IMPOSSIBLE to determine the anomaly in this video with the given data.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

You know what CluckerSpud I thought I did get that but your reminding me has allowed me to appreciate that on a deeper level. You are absolutely correct. I never really thought that out to its end product. What you say is totally true. If I understand you correctly based on my experience here at ATS so far it would sound something like this: All of these videos are subject to analysis and debunk. But when it comes to the ones that remain inconclusive nothing further can be done with those cases if the original video is not available. Have I got that right? It will remain inconclusive in terms of its absolute verity or falseness.
Listen, before I embarrass myself further, it is sticky eyelids. I have analyzed the frames to the best of my ability and to me it is clearly a case of sticky eyelids. probably brought on by an overall drying out of this guys mucous membranes due to performance anxiety. In other words I am sure his mouth was dry as well.
The thing that kills me are all of the folks jumping in with "Compression/Decompression artifact". I think that people around here are tossing that term about without knowing what they are talking about. That will get them no where in terms of advancing their critical thinking skills. So there you have it. Thanks for your time and indulgence.

edit on 27-2-2011 by Frater210 because: spelling

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
lol its clearly just the way its compressed. DAMN i have vids of MYSELF that do this and im no reptilian shapeshifter lol

Ive seen HUNDREDS of videos on youtube with the same compression issues....cars, people, animals...statues etc etc etc.

I do wish people would use some common sense instead of just saying their a repltilian

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Hey. Read above. Did you read from the beginning? No one said Jim the Pilot was a reptilian. How do you know it is a compression artifact? That's the point of the thread.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Here. Look at this example of 'time-lapsed' jpeg artifacting. This is an excellent representative example that shows how compression/decompression works generally for digital media of all sorts.

As you know the reason this happens is due to loss of data. That's why it is called "Lossy" compression.
The effect you see in the video has 0 (zero) to do with compression artifacts. The guy has sticky eyelids. That's all. He needs an eye lubricant.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I would like to add that judging from the stills that you have posted, this guy is wearing more makeup than Joan Rivers.

This guy has clay plastered to his eyelids.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by Frater210

Ugh!!!

Three words!!!: Video. Compression. Artifacts!!!!

Or even shorter;

NTSC

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   

reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Hey. Read above. Did you read from the beginning? No one said Jim the Pilot was a reptilian. How do you know it is a compression artifact? That's the point of the thread.

Because *all* of these 'Look! A Shapeshifter/reptilian/ET news anchor' stories are due to TV video standard artifacting.

That's all it is, it's the broadcast standard used by the USA and other countries that causes this effect. NTSC has (if i remember correctly) 525 interlaced scan lines, *this* is what causes the artefacts.

The NTSC TV broadcast standard is inferior to a lot of other broadcast standards around the world. Have a look to see if you can find a 'reptilian shape shifting alien' on a PAL TV broadcast standard...you won't, because PAL is a superior standard, having more scan lines among other benefits over NTSC.

Go on, all you reptile ET shape shifter believers...go and have a look at PAL news footage, and see if you can find any.

edit on 28/2/2011 by spikey because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   

just as his eyeslids are about to flip(or whatever), his bottom teeth seem to protrude out and up over his upper lip. seems like a very unnatural setting to me. strange to say the least.
I am never flying again. no way, no how

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Camera artifacts just like every. single. other. reptilian. video. Not interesting as it's a complete waste of space and this "phenomena" has already been explained a jazillion times.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   

The thing that kills me are all of the folks jumping in with "Compression/Decompression artifact".

I'd feel for you, I really would, if it wasn't that exactly, NTSC video standard plain and simple feel free to dig into it yourself. I do chuckle at your sticky eyelids theory but I disagree as I've seen this too many times, look at the video, slow it down, it's artifacts.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I do believe that there was a glitch in the video. We all know that reptiles have slit eyes and doubles eyelids. Here are close up picture of the eyes before during and after the blinking.

I will let you decide ultimately what it is. I am however unconvinced he is reptilian.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Zeta Reticulan

Wow, what is up with his eyebrows?!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Someone start a thread on that pope video please.

Holy cow I hope to God that video is fake.

Compare the Pope video to a random Google of Pope Benedict photographs.

That video has to be faked or something sheesh!

I always ask "who is above the Pope, aliens?"
Now what am I suppose to say ? "The Pope IS the Alien!!"

I think my brain just melted.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Well done, as you can clearly see in your images, the effect is merely a compression artifact as you can see his eyelid mid motion, but still see his eyeball above and below as the line above hasn't been redrawn yet. So simple to explain yet so many people just don't want to listen.

And I'm not saying reptilian alien vampires aren't real. Just every single video of them is fake.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

You guys really think that that is a video glitch or compression artifact localized just to the guys eyes?
Ok.

I didn't say it but I agree. Video compression often deals with changes from frame to frame and as he was blinking wildly and quickly then it was his eyes that were changing between frames. If a compression frame is dropped then this is about what you would expect.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zeta Reticulan

Thanks for this. First time I've seen the Pope up-close.

What's interesting about this vid is it's not his pupils that are acting up but his sclera (whites of eye).

Take a close look at his right eye and notice how it switches from a pale to a deep red colour.

There was something familiar about him when our eyes met during that episode when he had "looked" back at me through the television. I recognized this person. The next day it dawned on me that it was Ata-i-lek, a top-ranking Green Reptilian military commander from Atasoon.

www.xeeatwelve.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I am sorry folks. I don't agree. His eyes are sticky. A poster above mentioned that Jim the Pilot is wearing more make-up than Joan Rivers. I agree.
That is not a compression artifact. If it is a compression artifact then why is it localized to his eyes and then his eyes return to normal? Is it the reflection of the studio lights off his eyes that cause the chip in the camera to do something wonky with that part of the image? I think not. That is one of the points that I am trying to make here. There are lots of people running around repeating 'compression artifact' like a trained parrot. Prove that it is a compression artifact. I have provided a video which shows a visual representation of how compression artifacts degrade a digital image over time. Look at it. You are not seeing the effects of compression here. It is his eyelids. And Spikey, my intention is not to be a weenie when I say this but: If it is so easy to find examples of digital video artifacting then please go find some and post them. Otherwise you join the parrot cage.
edit on 28-2-2011 by Frater210 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Hi, Phishy. Seen what too many times? This particular video or video compression artifacts localized to the eyes?
Again, not to be a weenie: Go find some examples and post them. If you can really show that it is a compression artifact then please prove it. I am here to learn and I am sure what you would have to show us would benefit us all. Otherwise you can join the parrot cage. African Grey or Macaw?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Artifact and compression are quite the norm on youtube.
Safe to say that this is not a reptilian.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join