It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are videogame guns possible

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I thought of this when I saw a thing on the game call of duty, black ops, I noticed how it talks about special guns in the zombie mode, and I was thinking about with technology that we have could guns that are somwhat like, but not exactly liek the guns in the games possible. The thundergun could be made, because it is like an air compressor blower, just releases huge amount that doesnt scatter.

Link to guns I am talking about: callofduty.wikia.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by locololo

I'm sure the government have got some crazy weapons hidden in a secret underground base somewhere.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by megatracker

I'm sure the government have got some crazy weapons hidden in a secret underground base somewhere.

I didn't mean like that, but i have no doubts, but could a gun that fires deadly amounts of compressed air be possible, maybe

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Cod: Black ops! Great game!! Of course it is possible..Think of all the money the government throws into there weapon research programs. Surely it's not being wasted on gunpowder and rifles.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
See guns all have a certain problem, and thats the energy that has to be used. Our weapons use explosive materials and other world weapons use energy. The reason we dont use energy weapons is because we can put enough power into one cell to use it like a weapon. Other world weapons have a ALTERNATIVE ENERGY SOURCE that allows them to put enough energy through whatever they wanna fire at us. (Such as high powered lasers)

What we need is alternative energy, somthing like cold fusion. then it needs to be harnest on a small scale, fitted to have a energy output somehow, then attached to a huge laser diode.

Cold fusion cant be achieved unless i have a particle accelerator. somthing similar to what tony stark had in his garage in iron man 2
edit on 27-2-2011 by Calcifer0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Calcifer0
See guns all have a certain problem, and thats the energy that has to be used. Our weapons use explosive materials and other world weapons use energy. The reason we dont use energy weapons is because we can put enough power into one cell to use it like a weapon. Other world weapons have a ALTERNATIVE ENERGY SOURCE that allows them to put enough energy through whatever they wanna fire at us. (Such as high powered lasers)

What we need is alternative energy, somthing like cold fusion. then it needs to be harnest on a small scale, fitted to have a energy output somehow, then attached to a huge laser diode.

Cold fusion cant be achieved unless i have a particle accelerator. somthing similar to what tony stark had in his garage in iron man 2
edit on 27-2-2011 by Calcifer0 because: (no reason given)

true, like with the ray gun being a laser weapon we would need this, the winters fury could just be a luncher of liquid nortogen or something like that, a gun like the thundergun could just be filled with compressed air before its used and then it fires the air out, but it makes sense the alternative energy for better weapons

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Yes. Myth busters did one recently.

You can make a gun out of compressed water, - in fact the best tool for cutting steel is not laser but water lasers.
You can make a gun out of light - and they have its called Methyl - big laser.

Generally speaking the problem is that the air travelling through air meets to much resistance and hence they are ineffective - so instead the compressed air is used to drive a projectile. Like a nail gun.

A normal gun is simply compressed air driving a projectile - however instead of the compressed air coming from a compressor pump it comes from the expansion of gunpowder - which creates a huge pressure build up and drives the projectile.

What is vastly more interesting are guns being driven by electric charge - metal storm, rail guns - or even more fascinating ion guns driven by magnetic variations in ion charges, or even more interesting planetary gravitational weaponry - these will pack some ooomph.!

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Aristophrenia

how about making a gun that follows the same principle as normal spray paint bottles and brakes parts cleaner, just have the "gun" take a bottle of a compressed liquid or gas, and when you pull the trigger it could pull or push a oiece of the bottle and let a spray loose, but enough pressurized liquid behind it and you could in theory launch the liquid or gas far distances, tihs could work for a gun like the winters fury

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
after I posted this thread i began to think about how I could make a gun that freezes, and so far I have reated what in theory the ammunition would be, I don't have the resources or money to make this but its works, the ammunitions measurments are 6 inches wide, and 15 inches long, it uses the same basic principle as normal aerospray containers, except the contents would most likely be liguid nitrogen (or something along the lines of it) and that the orifice insert is bigger, and will insetad be pointed up, this will work with the "gun" to be able to spray an mist of liquid nitrogen at any target. I will post the rest of my plans after I finish them up.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by megatracker

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I think silent kill weapons and nano weapons are the focus of top secret weapon R&D. Why blow up your infrastructure when you can kill someone with a heart attack or other "accident"? Maybe they use a computer in conjunction with other devices (like cell towers and cell phones) to control the mind of individuals and "enemy combatants". Imagine an invading army or group of freedom fighters turning their guns on themselves! Of course, there is good ol' biological warfare...who knows how far that has come.
edit on 27-2-2011 by SmokeandShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeandShadow
I think silent kill weapons and nano weapons are the focus of top secret weapon R&D. Why blow up your infrastructure when you can kill someone with a heart attack or other "accident"? Maybe they use a computer in conjunction with other devices (like cell towers and cell phones) to control the mind of individuals and "enemy combatants". Imagine an invading army or group of freedom fighters turning their guns on themselves! Of course, there is good ol' biological warfare...who knows how far that has come.
edit on 27-2-2011 by SmokeandShadow because: (no reason given)

there is that, but i think of other kinds of weapons personally.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by locololo
after I posted this thread i began to think about how I could make a gun that freezes, and so far I have reated what in theory the ammunition would be, I don't have the resources or money to make this but its works, the ammunitions measurments are 6 inches wide, and 15 inches long, it uses the same basic principle as normal aerospray containers, except the contents would most likely be liguid nitrogen (or something along the lines of it) and that the orifice insert is bigger, and will insetad be pointed up, this will work with the "gun" to be able to spray an mist of liquid nitrogen at any target. I will post the rest of my plans after I finish them up.
If you drop a person in a tank of liquid nitrogen, the nitrogen will boil and in the process freeze the person. I'm not sure a mist would do it, the mist would evaporate.

If you could carry enough liquid nitrogen with you and keep it cold, you might freeze someone by spraying it on, but it might take a fair amount to freeze them solid. In practical terms, it's probably cumbersome to carry that much liquid nitrogen around, and you probably can't keep it cold for too long.

Same thing with portable "death ray" or rail guns, both work if hooked up to a huge power source, but you can't carry that much power around with you in a portable gun.

The 6th day movie had a nice special effects portrayal of portable rail guns. The damage they could cause might have even been somewhat realistic. But they never explained the portable power source in the movie.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Originally posted by locololo
If you drop a person in a tank of liquid nitrogen, the nitrogen will boil and in the process freeze the person. I'm not sure a mist would do it, the mist would evaporate.

If you could carry enough liquid nitrogen with you and keep it cold, you might freeze someone by spraying it on, but it might take a fair amount to freeze them solid. In practical terms, it's probably cumbersome to carry that much liquid nitrogen around, and you probably can't keep it cold for too long.

Same thing with portable "death ray" or rail guns, both work if hooked up to a huge power source, but you can't carry that much power around with you in a portable gun.

The 6th day movie had a nice special effects portrayal of portable rail guns. The damage they could cause might have even been somewhat realistic. But they never explained the portable power source in the movie.

ya i realised that part after looking at the idea some more, but i could use the weapon for other things, and even if it doesn't completly freeze if you give the head frostbite they will die, and this weapon may be god for keeping stored in a cold environment if we fight there e.g. antartica.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

I would like to see if the could make the ARC gun from Killzone 2 that would be cool

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by connorromanow

I would like to see if the could make the ARC gun from Killzone 2 that would be cool

what does it do?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

fires a stream of electricity at people
www.youtube.com...
its the gun the guy the red eyes is using

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
well if Hollywood has laser guns but the US government doesn't then something is really wrong, even though Hollywood's guns are special effects, the idea is at least out there for the top scientists of the country to spend billions of dollars working towards.

The real question is, how can we harness the power of the "double jump" found in most video games.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

or the ability to run faster with a knife

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by connorromanow

i don't think running fast with knife is a game boost, just excersise and have some adrenaline in your blood and you shoul be able to run fast. as for the double jump, why watse the effort when you can have a jet pack

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join