It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why doesn't the ATS home page stop loading?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I literally had no idea where to post this sorry.

Bur I just wondered why the home page www.abovetopsecret.com... never stops loading?

The only place I've experienced this before was a data collection site.

I'm not screaming conspiracy or anything like that, just wondered if anyone knew why?

Cheers,

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Mostly because the new ATS website is giving you a live view at the things that are posted. So it constantly loads the newest posts
edit on 27-2-2011 by Wolfcomplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfcomplex

But it's not in real time?

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
What are you using ? Apple and Safari ? If so - thats why. Apple, especially safari is the bottom of the barrel when it comes to browsers - worse than IE6.

If you are viewing this windows 7 - chrome, fox, IE then it shouldn't be happening. However if it is - then it is most likely either polling for more information - or it is something to do with the flash ads.

Occasionally you will get a very poor ad on ATS - overall the testing of flash seems to be ok, but occasionally something bad sneaks through - not for some months though. (About 6-12 months there were incredible problems - but that was clearly the new designs).

Anyway - I have fiddler, charles, wireshark and vizzy running - so I can see every bit of communication running - from packet data, remoting objects, passwords, sharedobjects, https - literally everything. (You can even set these up to view what is running not just locally - but from their server..........not that I will ever divulge how that is achieved).

If you are concerned take a screen shot and put it up with your OS, Browser and hardware details. But most likely it is ad servers running the flash ads.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Aristophrenia

I'm running Chrome on Windows 7, I'm not too worried as I've seen it like this for literally 2 years

top topics

join