It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia To Sell Anti-Ship Rockets To Syria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Russia will press ahead with plans to sell anti-ship cruise missiles to Syria despite Israeli concerns, Defence Minister Anatoly Serdyukov was quoted as saying on Saturday. Russia planned on selling two surface-to-air rocket units armed with P-800, or Yakhont, missiles to Damasacus in a deal worth $300 million, Russian media previously reported.

www.haaretz.com...

Kreml has been very silent about recent happenings in ME - but this breaking news tells us more than thousand words... Russia is backing its allies and despite Irans docking in Syria, and they move forward in arming very possible enemies of Israel in next comig war.

What I see, world war III is started now in ME - we are in early stage of huge escalation - how long this developement can be under any control is unclear, I see this can flame very hard, very hardly, and very soon.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

"good start" for a 2011 spring , and a S.. one for 2012 ...
maybe...

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Hey Janus haven't seen you around in ages! Always enjoy your threads.

Looks ominous, although they have 'vowed' to sell them. We all know Russian arms deals can be delayed and reneged after much friction should the need arise.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
TPTB have started the gears into motion in the . This theexactly is what they wanted, a domino effect that will increase into a possible WWIII scenario. Starting with these countries in the ME that wil gradually start to force each of these governments allies into conflict with one another.The pieces are starting to fall. Isreal and her allies vs Islamic states and thiers. The great religious war is dawning.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by stonebutterfly

SO WHAT?
Humanity is a dissease to this earth!

let them slaughter each other!
who gives a ... ?
p.s. : I SURELY DON'T !

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by leaualorin

yyyyeaaaaaah booooi..........i second this. couldnt agree more humans are the cancer of the earth with the exception of a few of us satnding back and watching the destruction...we are travelling souls in a world of soulless leaders and followers it will all become clear one day soon

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I'm not surprised. Russia will sell to anything that has a pulse and money. I am wondering why Syria would want Anti-Ship rockets though. Would it want to shoot at Israeli ships? Is it a defense mechanism for an upcoming conflict with Israel?

On the other note, for there to be a WWIII, the middle east would have to be United. That means there has to be one main leader that can concentrate all the people's tensions outward. At the moment, the energies are too scattered or internalized although recent events are making them more concentrated.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
And Iran just sent 2 warships thru the Suez Canal to rendezvous with Syrian forces for military maneuvers (wargames). Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

That 30 year old ship would be sunk in first 5 minutes. They are just trying to show some remblence of importance.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by sensible thought
That 30 year old ship would be sunk in first 5 minutes. They are just trying to show some remblence of importance.

The destroyer is not important. It's the transport ship that is the problem. The last time Iran tried to sent an unarmed transport, Francop, laden with 300 tons of military weapons to Lebanon, Israel stop and confiscated all of it. The haul includes 3,000 rockets and shells, and 500,000 rifle rounds(not for AK-47 but for the deadlier Dragunov sniper rifles). Looks like Iran learn from its past mistake, and now send its arms shipment protected by a warship.

new topics

top topics

join