It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President of Christian Foundation in Midst of 8000-Mile Walk

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

The president of the Kansas-based Christian Foundation for Children and the Aging is in the midst of an 8000-mile walk, from Guatemala to Chile. Explaining the idea behind his "Walk2gether" trek, Bob Hentzen says, "I discovered that we had 182,000 of our families along that route. I wanted to spend time with them personally. I wanted to get to know them, listen to them, let them know they are not alone." Hentzen, who is 74-years-old, started his journey at the end of 2009. He plans to complete it this summer. He's covered more than 5000 miles thus far, and is currently in Bolivia.

UNI News

He may not be Forest Gump, but one has to admire his dedication and fortitude...

When I am 74, I'll be happy if I can walk 8000 feet..

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Interesting. How does he afford it? I think it would be a fun adventure to walk from Alaska to Chile, but I don't think I could secure the funding. Plus the ex would howl over the loss of child support payments.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I was reading where Paul walk like 24 or 25 thousand miles in his teachings, that is a lot of walking?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Thats one we agree on. Then again it doesn't include law. It's too bad the whole of society isn't true to their beliefs like this man.

new topics

top topics

join